Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 10:12 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,753,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
To some, THIS is a real man.
Tell ya what, if any man ever acted like that around me, he'd be pounded into the ground so hard, it would take him a week to come up far enough to even see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2010, 11:04 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,021,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
This kid is being brought into an unfortunate situation.

When he's 70, I doubt he's going to have the patience or energy to deal with an 8 year old child. Not to mention the confused abnormal upbringing the child will be exposed to.

Then again, we do live in an age where parents let the TV do the actual parenting,
This child will grow up no more confused than any other - no more, no less, with or without gay parents. We all grow
up a little confused, until we find our way. It's called life

Seems Elton is a home body - not exactly your "hard rocker" lifestyle. Elton has been sober since the 1980's.

You must be around a lot of uptight old people The one's I know that are in their 70's have more patience than their 20-30 year old counterparts.

Some how, I don't think the child will be plopped in front of the boob tube 24/7. Looks like that piano of Elton's is not collecting dust

Yep - this child is going to have such an awful life - living in five homes in Atlanta, Italy, England, and the south of France. Meeting talented, interesting, and intelligent people. I bet meeting the Queen of England will be a real traumatic time for the lad The injustice of having a child that will be given every opportunity in life - "Oh, the inhumanity" of such a thing

The only problem they will have is child proofing their homes when their son starts the "Terrible Two's" of which
my son didn't have - he had what I called the "Ferocious
Four's"

Maybe I'll even put myself in a basket on his doorstep of his home in the south of France with a note stating
"I want this life"

A Tour Of Elton John’s Atlanta Home | popdirt.com

Old 12-29-2010, 12:07 PM

88,594 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
Does it really take "vigorous physical activity" to be an engaged parent, though? What of the soldier who returns to his family as a quadriplegic? Would you say he/she couldn't be involved and engaged in his/her child's life?
Ding ding ding, we have a winner.

My dad lost both his feet in WWII and walked on prosthetics or used a wheelchair during times of infection. He met my mother after that and married and had 7 of us kids.

He was a good father, even though he couldn't do so much physically.

And he was 48 when my youngest bro was born.

Old 12-29-2010, 12:08 PM

88,594 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Btw, here's a more recent article on them: News - Sir Elton John: Baby Fulfills Longtime Dream for the Couple - Moms & Babies - UsMagazine.com (http://www.usmagazine.com/momsbabies/news/sir-elton-john-baby-fulfills-longtime-dream-for-the-couple-20102912?utm_source=dailynewsletter&utm_medium =email&utm_campaign=newsletter - broken link)

According to the article, their son's name is Zachary Jackson Levon Furnish-John... quite a mouthful, but at least it's not a weird "celebrity name." And the article states that yes, they were rejected for adoption, even after hiring an international lawyer to help. So much for that one poster's "how selfish of them" theory. Also says Elton dismissed the idea of parenting at first, due to his age and frequent traveling, but changed his mind when they saw those babies in the Ukraine. Appears they both thought long & hard about the decision, and I wish them all the best of luck.
Glad they didn't name him Reginald.

Old 12-29-2010, 12:12 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,800,920 times
Last week, it was Michael Vick wanting to adopt a dog, I guess that wonders will never cease!

Old 12-29-2010, 12:18 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,618,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibro1 View Post
Alright here's one for you. There are two guys. One who shops, fusses about his hair, watches "America's Top Model", and likes Disney Songs. Another guy that shops at Target, gets $10 haircuts, likes sports (soccer star back in HS), and also likes to shoot guns. The first guy is also good at sports. The second one is bi/gay. Is the second guy less manly? Is the first guy? Both are manly. Manliness in the 21st century shouldn't that strict. We know more and more about human nature and the myriad of traits that are exhibited.
I've never suggested that one is "manly" because he shoots guns or plays sports.
Quote:
Sexuality is not something that you learn or pick. It just kind of happens. Trust me on that. You don't pick. To state I'm any less "manly" (which is a ridiculous statement, one is less manly because one doesn't adhere to Anglo social norms of manliness, ironically enough I do).
You know that how? Science certainly hasn't confirmed your assertion. I feel sorry for a kid that will grow up with daddy and his "partner" that teach him it's normal.

Old 12-29-2010, 12:39 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,021,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandEddie View Post
Last week, it was Michael Vick wanting to adopt a dog, I guess that wonders will never cease!
Can't figure out how Michael Vick should be in the same
category as Elton John - but everyone's mind thinks
differently

Vick not only should not be allowed to ever adopt a dog,
or be playing football for the NFL, but should have been
put in a pit with the very dogs he abused. But then,
what does this have to do with Elton's new baby anyways

Old 12-29-2010, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
This child will grow up no more confused than any other - no more, no less, with or without gay parents. We all grow
up a little confused, until we find our way. It's called life

Seems Elton is a home body - not exactly your "hard rocker" lifestyle. Elton has been sober since the 1980's.

You must be around a lot of uptight old people The one's I know that are in their 70's have more patience than their 20-30 year old counterparts.

Some how, I don't think the child will be plopped in front of the boob tube 24/7. Looks like that piano of Elton's is not collecting dust

Yep - this child is going to have such an awful life - living in five homes in Atlanta, Italy, England, and the south of France. Meeting talented, interesting, and intelligent people. I bet meeting the Queen of England will be a real traumatic time for the lad The injustice of having a child that will be given every opportunity in life - "Oh, the inhumanity" of such a thing

The only problem they will have is child proofing their homes when their son starts the "Terrible Two's" of which
my son didn't have - he had what I called the "Ferocious
Four's"

Maybe I'll even put myself in a basket on his doorstep of his home in the south of France with a note stating
"I want this life"

A Tour Of Elton John’s Atlanta Home | popdirt.com
Can you include me in that basket? Actually, rather than photos all over the walls (though I do have a few of those) I have dolls all over the house.

Old 12-29-2010, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandEddie View Post
What does that have to do with the topic at hand?

Old 12-29-2010, 01:17 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,068,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
Tell ya what, if any man ever acted like that around me, he'd be pounded into the ground so hard, it would take him a week to come up far enough to even see.

Not much of a sense of humor there champ? I was agreeing with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies