Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 09:38 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,207,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Logic fail!

Everyone needs money.

You don't necessary need a gun. In fact I've lived my entire life not owning one.

that is you, and you dont need money either to live your life either, as I know more than one person that has no money and lives completely without it.

I on the other hand would rather have my firearms than have some more money as they are the protector of my freedom, whereas money does not offer that to me.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:46 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,496,439 times
Air guns--I suppose I need to become more informed about this, too.

Safety of Air Soft Guns | eHow.com

'Air soft guns are fake guns that shoot bright orange plastic pellets. Air soft guns are used in target practice and for playing games. Young and older teens are attracted to the idea of playing air soft gun games. Parents may not know what an air soft gun is, or the risks involved. Parents might assume it is just a toy, and grant permission. Air soft guns can be dangerous if safety procedures are not practiced.'

http://injury.findlaw.com/personal-i...soft-guns.html

'Furthermore, individuals in the U.S. must be 18 years of age or older to purchase an Airsoft gun. On the other hand, Airsoft guns are not classified as firearms and are legal for use by all ages under federal law. However, some municipalities and states place restrictions on Airsoft guns. New York City, Washington, D.C., Chicago, San Francisco, and parts of Michigan outlaw Airsoft guns entirely. '

They certainly look authentic>>
http://www.airgundepot.com/airsoft-shotguns.html

Marui Sr-16
http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/tokyo-mar...rsoft-aeg.html

Last edited by TakeAhike; 01-06-2011 at 11:42 AM..

Old 01-06-2011, 10:47 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,136,221 times
Guns are tools.

So are some gun owners.

Old 01-06-2011, 01:51 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,676,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
Where are your statistics to back up this statement? I'm going to assume that it is an opinion so I will give mine as well. Most people are hard working, honest, upstanding citizens and it is the small percentage of violent thugs (or wannabe thugs) that ruin it for all of us. Laws are passed aimed at controlling the subset of the population but the impacts of these laws are widespread.

And I broke my self-imposed rule of responding to one of your posts in a gun thread.
Little boys in particular, will take whatever toys you give them and find ways of playing with them violently. It's a part of human nature, no statistics are necessary when it's close to 100%.

Old 01-06-2011, 02:15 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,943,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Little boys in particular, will take whatever toys you give them and find ways of playing with them violently. It's a part of human nature, no statistics are necessary when it's close to 100%.
The statement you made for which the backup was asked was that "Most people are unstable and prone to violence." That's a far cry from little boys pretending at violence. I'd also like to see either something resembling proof of that statement or an acknowledgement that it was nothing more than ridiculous hyperbole.

Old 01-06-2011, 02:17 PM

I think that if you simply look at human nature, you'd discover that most people are violent.

Take any basic psychology course, and you can get that item of knowledge.

Old 01-06-2011, 02:19 PM

Quote:
I think that if you simply look at human nature, you'd discover that most people are violent.

It's your opinion, and not knowledge at all.

Old 01-06-2011, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
It's your opinion, and not knowledge at all.
It's not my opinion, it's psychology's opinion.

Psychology is a science.

Old 01-06-2011, 02:27 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,953,749 times
Quote:

People possess the potential to be violent. However in our society a realitly minor percentage choose to act out violently. This would be consistent with gun ownership and the relatively small percentage of legal gun owners who use their firearms in violent acts of murder/violent crime.

Gun Ownership Rises to All-Time High, Violent Crime Falls to 35-Year Low

Old 01-06-2011, 02:29 PM

Quote:
It's not my opinion, it's psychology's opinion.

Psychology is a science.
So it should be easy for you to quote for us some science that backs up your claim that MOST people are unstable & prone to violence. Please go ahead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies