Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 12:10 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,843,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Washington State ranks 11th in the nation in the number of illegal immigrants with an estimated 150,000. They make up 2% of the state's population, but account for 4.5% of those in Washington prisons
...and yes, most illegals are Hispanic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2011, 01:47 AM

352 posts, read 187,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronous View Post
Living the DC metro area I encounter a decent sized Hispanic/Mexican population (they maybe 10% of the population). Most of them seem hard working though poor. I seem to see little indication of criminality among the populace. However, I see from the statistics that Hispanic males have a disproportinate representation in prisons (lower than African Americans but more than White and Asians). Where does this come from? Near the border or something?
It comes from committing crimes at a far higher rate than the average, aka white/asian population

Old 01-08-2011, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
A good bit of it comes from prejudicial prosecutions.
Yah, upwards of .0001%, maybe .00015%

Old 01-08-2011, 02:37 AM

3,485 posts, read 7,312,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flordelis View Post
It comes from committing crimes at a far higher rate than the average, aka white/asian population
Tell it like it is.

Old 01-08-2011, 04:40 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,872,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
one word

Gangs
Macho Culture also, which means more fights and drinking . Remove alcohol and you would see a big reduction.

Hispanic males that I've known have a strong drinking culture and unlike the Irish in S. California and others that drink in establishments, young Hispanic males love to drink in public.

The odd thing I've noticed reading the OrangeCounty Register (Calif.) is the near total domination Hispanic males have in stabbing assaults,it seems that the vast majority of stabbing stories involve Hispanic (primarily Mexican) males and it usually starts out with an argument and/or drinking.

Shootings and other crimes involve just about any Race but in stabbings they are way over repped.

Old 01-08-2011, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
Tell it like it is.
Thank you for noting that I always tell it like it is.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:07 AM

45 posts, read 46,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Is it possible that every one of them that is an illegal alien is a criminal from the beginning of his time here?
I meant more disreputable crimes like robbery, muggings, assault, etc. Illegal immigration is a crime though it is only a misdemeanor and it does not seem as wrong as say theft.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:17 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Quote:
I meant more disreputable crimes like robbery, muggings, assault, etc. Illegal immigration is a crime though it is only a misdemeanor and it does not seem as wrong as say theft.
It most often involves other crimes like Identity theft and document fraud. But also to get over the border illegally very often involves an association with violent criminals - the cartels which control the border itself and all the trafficking and smuggling routes into the USA. They smugglers work for the cartels and just the willingness to pay them requires a certain lower level of ethical values.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:20 AM

486 posts, read 984,353 times
Mainly because of Gangs for younger guys. For the older hispanic men it's drinking too much and letting the "macho" get the best of them. Very stupid mentality if you ask me but happens too often not to point out the trend. :-( And before anyone jumps on me for this one....I'm not being steriotypical, I'm Hispanic too, it's sadly true that many Hispanic let the "macho" within take over.

Quote:
Living the DC metro area I encounter a decent sized Hispanic/Mexican population (they maybe 10% of the population). Most of them seem hard working though poor. I seem to see little indication of criminality among the populace. However, I see from the statistics that Hispanic males have a disproportinate representation in prisons (lower than African Americans but more than White and Asians). Where does this come from? Near the border or something?

Old 01-09-2011, 01:27 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,284,533 times
Quote:
We limit educated people from coming into the country, so we get these people with a second grade education from a third world country. Regarding crime, what else would you expect?
Then many are transporting drugs for cartels here. Too bad anyone buys that stuff. It promotes more crime and kidnapping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies