Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2011, 06:16 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,485,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluSpark View Post
There you go again...spewing your poltically biased viewed of the situation.

Why would a "liberal terrorist" kill a Democrat that voted for the heath care bill?

You make about as much sense as the rantings of this cold blooded killer.

Um, because he was insane? Are you forgetting that part? Or are you soooo anxious to pin this on "teabaggers" or Palin that you are willing to shut certain facts out of your mind?

This is sick. You and others like you are attempting to capitalize on this for political gain. Do you have no shame?

Old 01-09-2011, 06:17 PM

7,931 posts, read 9,158,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Did you hear what the Sheriff said during the TV conference. He blames the media for promoting hatred in the US, and that's what sets off these psychos. So Rush Limburger cheese, Glenn Beck, Howard Stern, etal, keep your mouths shut.
Pardon me if I wait until more investigation is done on this loser's background (meds taken, failed mental health interventions etc)before accepting everything an old Sheriff says.

Howard Stern, lol? Yeah he's so relevant lately

Old 01-09-2011, 06:19 PM

565 posts, read 486,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Here is the problem. When you start saying that assassination is okay like Palin and Huckabee said about Assange, when you start saying that torture is justifiable (yep, even waterboarding), when you use crosshairs on an opponent as part of your propaganda then you are sending a message to some people that violence is an acceptable means of political expression. Until people realize that, in a highly charged political environment, their words can have deadly consequences then we will continue to have a problem.
And when you say "It's time to take a stand" some weak minds may obey.

Last edited by henrjam; 01-09-2011 at 06:28 PM..

Old 01-09-2011, 06:19 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,539,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
I'm afraid when somebody says "Don't retreat, reload" they have to be held accountable for their rhetoric. When you combine her comments with using crosshairs to denote Congressional districts that should be "Targeted" the combination is one that leads to an enviormment where people with extreme views advocate violence. As a public figure Sarah Palin is responsible for contributing to the tone of political discourse in this country.

Old 01-09-2011, 06:22 PM

1,377 posts, read 1,054,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
I admit that was a good gif.

You may now go back to exploiting those deaths for partisan political advantage.
Since you are the one who keeps on repeating this statement over and over perhaps you are one who is using this tragic event for partisan purposes?

Old 01-09-2011, 06:25 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,485,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthBTold2U View Post
Since you are the one who keeps on repeating this statement over and over perhaps you are one who is using this tragic event for partisan purposes?
I think its more him defending himself against these vile insinuations.

Old 01-09-2011, 06:25 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,877,697 times
Targeteed disricts is nthig new in politics or any of the other talk. It certainly has nothig to do with shooting someone;anymore than we are going to kil them in football. This is just people trying to assign blame to people they do not lie for some political advantage in a tragedy;pure and simple. Its a shame really that it gets to9 that when assigning responsibility for what is a crime.If that were the case then alot of liberals would bare responsibilty for Reagan being shot with what was said..

Old 01-09-2011, 06:30 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,093,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
You simply can't deny flag burning is leftist imagery. While I think he is a psycho with no political motive, those insisting it is political must explain his copying of leftist imagery. Rather than try to invent connections to Palin.

By the way I have not heard many on the right advocate revolution, please point me to some evidence.
I said that I thought his politics were definitely scrambled....a little left, a little right. Do you really think that it's impossible for a madman to conjure up a political motive in order to take action?

Old 01-09-2011, 06:31 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,505,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
The guy was a flag burner. Just like the rest of those conservatives.

Oh wait............
Yep, at the Tea Party there's lots of conservatives who are dope smoking, atheist, flag burners who supported Kerry against Bush and listen to violent leftest punk music.

That's pretty much Beck or Palin in a nutshell.

Old 01-09-2011, 06:33 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
Yep, at the Tea Party there's lots of conservatives who are dope smoking, atheist, flag burners who supported Kerry against Bush and listen to violent leftest punk music.

That's pretty much Beck or Palin in a nutshell.
That's what the TP supporters on this forum have been trying to tell us, the TP has a lot of diversity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies