Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2011, 07:35 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,284,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
She was Jewish.

The shooter was a wacko who had Mein Kampf in his collection of books.
He was a crazy person on drugs. Never a good combination.

Old 01-09-2011, 07:37 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,207,970 times
Friends didn't say he was a "left wing" pothead--they said he was a pothead. I live in about as red state America as it gets. If being a pothead made you a liberal, most of the young people would be communists out here.

I'll be curious to see what they come up with--everything I've read said he seemed to be motivated by her healthcare vote, and he was a huge Sarah Palin fan. Whether you like it or not (and I know all the radical right wing nuts will rush to defend her), "lock and load" and encouraging people to take arms against the government (the AZ Senate race) can be taken literally by crazy people. Words have power, and failing to take responsibility for that shows a real lack of character.

I'm reading he may have had an accomplice. That puts a new twist on things as well--one crazy gunman is a whole different scenario than two people. We'll see.

Old 01-09-2011, 07:37 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,704,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
Who cares right now why he did it-I think we should all focus our thoughts/prayers on the victims-what a tragedy...
Then close our eyes and wait for the next one?

Old 01-09-2011, 07:41 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,622,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Then close our eyes and wait for the next one?

No, you may NEVER know why people feel the need to kill others-and who knows how it can be stopped-

Old 01-09-2011, 07:42 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,758,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, they would not. They couldn't have, since they did not exist at the time.

This incident is a result of political hatred and wanton spread of misinformation through certain media outlets and cetrain people in particular.
I don't think it is fair to blame MSNBC or Keith Olberman until all the facts are in.

Old 01-09-2011, 07:43 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
I don't think it is fair to blame MSNBC or Keith Olberman until all the facts are in.
Then don't blame them. I didn't name any names, you did.

Old 01-09-2011, 07:51 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,758,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Then don't blame them. I didn't name any names, you did.
Oh ok so who were you referring to? Certainly you had someone in mind. Who do you think is "spreading wanton hatred"?

Old 01-09-2011, 07:51 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,028,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Friends didn't say he was a "left wing" pothead--they said he was a pothead. I live in about as red state America as it gets. If being a pothead made you a liberal, most of the young people would be communists out here.

I'll be curious to see what they come up with--everything I've read said he seemed to be motivated by her healthcare vote, and he was a huge Sarah Palin fan. Whether you like it or not (and I know all the radical right wing nuts will rush to defend her), "lock and load" and encouraging people to take arms against the government (the AZ Senate race) can be taken literally by crazy people. Words have power, and failing to take responsibility for that shows a real lack of character.

I'm reading he may have had an accomplice. That puts a new twist on things as well--one crazy gunman is a whole different scenario than two people. We'll see.
I have honestly not seen anything, besides supposition by some posters here, that he was linked to any recent politics, such as the healthcare vote or Sarah Palin. Please post any of this evidence since I have been following this story pretty closely and have seen no mention of either of these things.

Old 01-09-2011, 07:53 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,509,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
P.S. Can you blame people for thinking of Palin, considering the history there? I didn't even know all of this, so I didn't speculate anything until reading this thread... when I first heard the story, I'd never heard of this woman, nor did I know which side she represented. My only thought was "OMG, how horrible!" Then I read about all the other stuff, and it was hard not to see the irony in everything. Still doesn't mean I blame Palin, but if nothing else this should be a warning to heed.
There is nothing in Palin's history that suggests she approves of violence. Nothing.

You should really stop using people's death to furthur hatred of Palin. It's disgusting.

Old 01-09-2011, 07:54 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,505,779 times
His highschool friend is now saying he was very active in supporting Kerry against Bush, and wore a pin about Bush being a one term president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies