Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2011, 04:55 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llewelyn View Post
LOL I liked that song when I was an impressionable 13 year old. Why haven't I gone out and murdered people?

Do you suggest we ban all forms of art that depict violence?
Well - you liberals are trying to ban and censor all conservatives like Beck and Rush and Palin because you think you're going to make political hay out of this liberal pot smoking worm committing violence.

What to censor? If you could link this to Palin, you certainly would - and then demand she be destroyed and never allowed to speak, but a violent song he posted cannot of course be censored. Not very consistent are we?

Old 01-09-2011, 04:56 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,602,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Did you hear the song he had on his favorite video? The one where he burned the US flag?

"let the bodies hit the floor, let the bodies hit the floor,.....can't take much more,...nothing wrong with me, nothing wrong with me, nothing wrong with me, something's got to give, something's got to give, let the bodies hit the floor, let the bodies hit the floor"

It would be difficult to claim that the lyrics of that song had zero effect on him, it was the song and lyrics he used for his favorite video. I suspect those lyrics played over and over in his mind.
Yeah but it wouldn't make him a murderer. That was a very popular song at one point (early 90s?). We didn't all run out and kill people.

Old 01-09-2011, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
This act of violence, no, I had no influence on that event. However, I think there is a larger problem involved, one that many people contribute to, myself included. The rhetoric level, much of it completely unfounded, is affecting people who have a diminished capacity to recognize there is a difference between hateful talk and hateful action.
Yes but it turns out he was a leftist. If politics influenced him it was rhetoric from the left, the liberals. He hated the USA and God. Obviously that tells us what influenced him more.

Old 01-09-2011, 04:57 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,351,944 times
Let's wait for more information to come out before we start mud slinging. This is a terrible tragedy. Can't we all just truce for a while and focus on praying for this poor woman?

Old 01-09-2011, 04:58 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,930 times
That's terrible. I wish her and all of the other people injured a most speedy recovery. How can someone hurt people like this? I could and would never hurt another human being in my life except in self defense.

Old 01-09-2011, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Well - you liberals are trying to ban and censor all conservatives like Beck and Rush and Palin because you think you're going to make political hay out of this liberal pot smoking worm committing violence.

What to censor? If you could link this to Palin, you certainly would - and then demand she be destroyed and never allowed to speak, but a violent song he posted cannot of course be censored. Not very consistent are we?

We just want them to be more responsible in what they say since they have listeners who consider them their leaders.

I've been saying this about Palin since she arrived on the scene and I saw how rabid some of her fans were. She doesn't realize her power. Or doesn't care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
Yeah but it wouldn't make him a murderer. That was a very popular song at one point (early 90s?). We didn't all run out and kill people.
Is it that dense? He didn't likely listen to Palin at all but you people want to blame it all on Palin and conservatives. Yet you want to be sure nothing that he obviously was associated with could be said to have influenced him.

Get it? If the guy was influenced, certainly his favorite song was an influence, his hate of the USA and hate of God was an influence, his leftist leanings were an influence. Absolutely nothing ties him to Beck, Palin, God, the Bible.

5,758 posts, read 11,636,388 times
Pot-smoking and atheism are both apolitical. People across the political spectrum smoke marijuana (a lot of them quietly and privately when others aren't looking...), and there are atheists and agnostics of all types, from very conservative to highly liberal.

But the suspect in this case probably wasn't even capable of a coherent political outlook, due to his various mental problems.

Old 01-09-2011, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
We just want them to be more responsible in what they say since they have listeners who consider them their leaders.

I've been saying this about Palin since she arrived on the scene and I saw how rabid some of her fans were. She doesn't realize her power. Or doesn't care.
Let the bodies hit the floor, let the bodies hit the floor, let the bodies hit the floor, somethings got to give, something's got to give, nothings wrong with me, nothings wrong with me, nothings wrong with me, let the bodies hit the floor, let the bodies hit the floor -

That was his song. But you cannot provide a single source to show he ever attended a Tea Party or listened to Palin. It's time for you to take responsibility for him rather than blame the right as he was one of yours.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 01-09-2011 at 07:11 AM.. Reason: Rude

Old 01-09-2011, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Is it that dense? He didn't likely listen to Palin at all but you people want to blame it all on Palin and conservatives. Yet you want to be sure nothing that he obviously was associated with could be said to have influenced him.

Get it? If the guy was influenced, certainly his favorite song was an influence, his hate of the USA and hate of God was an influence, his leftist leanings were an influence. Absolutely nothing ties him to Beck, Palin, God, the Bible.
You just don't get it. You want SOME things to have influenced him, but not others. Palin - not an influence. Weird song from 90s - an influence. Sorry, you don't get to pick and choose.

Hatred of the USA? He was anti-government. Hatred of God? He was an atheist. Sounds very Timothy McVeigh-ish.

My point about the song is that the song wouldn't create a murderer where there wouldn't be a murderer before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies