Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2011, 10:12 AM

5,546 posts, read 10,002,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
News about Beck and Palin supporting violence?

Why no, I haven't heard anything about that.

Either provide a link or admit you're lying.
Easy enough to do. Hard choice is which link to post...

Did Glenn Beck's rhetoric inspire violence? - CSMonitor.com

And this from the crosshairs map article:
Giffords' Tea Party opponent in the 2010 election, Jesse Kelly, went even further with the violent rhetoric. Kelly's campaign held an event called "Get on Target for Victory in November." Description: "Help remove Gabrielle Giffords from office. Shoot a fully automatic M16 with Jesse Kelly."

Shot Congresswoman Was In Sarah Palin's 'Crosshairs'

Old 01-09-2011, 10:14 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
This is obviously shaping up to be the single most shameful perfomance by the "drive by" media in my lifetime. (This includes all of the regular, talking-head contributors). Which is TRULY saying something!
And yet shame will elude these folks, of course.
Anything-goes liberalism, by definition, holds that they can say or do whatever they want, if they think it might help they side. Thus, we will not get a circumspect, thoughtful response from the leftist media (or that Tucson sheriff or other leftists). To paraphrase Rahm Emmanuel, never let a good crisis or tragedy go to waste...
Conservatism, by definition, is circumspect and waits.
Look, this is going to have terrible repercussions on the following: The Republican Party, the anti-open borders movement, and the freedom agenda. The congresswomen was a Democrat. And the media WILL be able to dig into this sociopath's background and find one or more ties, no matter how tenuous, which can be stretched to insinuate and cast aspersions on the above three causes. They are doing it already, with fervor.
The American people will buy it.

Sad but true.

After reading this thread I can see how much the left truly loves to hate.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
That's because it is irrelevant. Were the other victims also on Palin's map? YOU are sounding unhinged with your hate. Nice that you take a tragedy and make it political. There IS more to this world.
What - do you need to wait until the others are shot before you believe it had to do with anything?

I am not unhinged with hate. But I am sick and tired of the Palins, the Becks, the Tea Partiers, etc. They add an unwelcome element to this country's political scene.

You right wingers want this thing to be hushed up. That is why you accuse me of making it political. You don't want the dirty little secret dragged into the light for all to see. The dirty little secret that it is the right wing commentators that sling around the hate speech, not the left.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:17 AM

46,963 posts, read 26,005,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
California - #1 in homicide

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is against the tos
Math is hard.

Last edited by Yac; 03-08-2011 at 07:31 AM..

Old 01-09-2011, 10:20 AM

8,634 posts, read 10,155,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
What - do you need to wait until the others are shot before you believe it had to do with anything?

I am not unhinged with hate. But I am sick and tired of the Palins, the Becks, the Tea Partiers, etc. They add an unwelcome element to this country's political scene.

You right wingers want this thing to be hushed up. That is why you accuse me of making it political. You don't want the dirty little secret dragged into the light for all to see. The dirty little secret that it is the right wing commentators that sling around the hate speech, not the left.
I do not label myself Democrat nor Republican, but you HAVE made this political and you're full of absolutes.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Conservatism, by definition, is circumspect and waits.
Really? Is that why things like crosshair maps exist?

Conservatism, by nature, wants to preserve the status quo.

What you all really want is for this thing to go away. You don't want it discussed, you don't want the hate speech discussed (which comes from the right), you don't want to be exposed as the party of hate.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:21 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,944,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post

Project much? Exact same thing can be said of your side. You are participating in the vitriolic hate rhetoric that you feign here to disparage. Figure it out. If you think the commentators on MSNBC and CNN are not slinging hate speech your filter of reason is broken.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
I do not label myself Democrat nor Republican, but you HAVE made this political and you're full of absolutes.
No, I don't want to see more Gabby Giffords and other innocents shot. I want all hate speech to stop so that at least that element is removed.

There will always be crazies true. Let's not make it so easy for them to get guns. Let's do all we can to make sure this doesn't happen again. The time is NOW to have this discussion - not after the next tragedy.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:24 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times
I as well as a few cops I know feel that the Sheriff used the tragedy to make a political statement. It was embarrassing to watch him.
With little evidence at the time he made quite a few statements that could only be considered political grand standing. Typical hack.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:24 AM

898 posts, read 828,061 times
Misty, people like you don't want to "discuss", you want to rant and accuse and blame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies