Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2011, 12:19 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,980,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
What - do you need to wait until the others are shot before you believe it had to do with anything?

I am not unhinged with hate. But I am sick and tired of the Palins, the Becks, the Tea Partiers, etc. They add an unwelcome element to this country's political scene.

You right wingers want this thing to be hushed up. That is why you accuse me of making it political. You don't want the dirty little secret dragged into the light for all to see. The dirty little secret that it is the right wing commentators that sling around the hate speech, not the left.
I'm also sick and tired. Tired of the left spreading lies about things they've decided they don't like. I'm sick of being called an "unwelcome element" just because I have a different political view than they do. I'm sick of being called racist because I oppose decisions our president makes. I'm sick of being accused of hate speech when I express my views, just because they're aren't Leftie enough.

You're wrong - we don't want this hushed up. The light of day will show that this man was a nutjob, and I'm just guessing that his views lean more left than right.

I also don't think you're unhinged by hate. I think you're unhinged by fear.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:21 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
I do not know to what you are referring but will not argue its "truthiness." So, one lone lunatic. Is that the best you can do to substantiate a claim that the left is a guilty as the right when it comes to fomenting hate??

More than one C-D poster has derisively pointed out that the 'left' can't support a talk radio station. And that Fox's ratings are twice that of MSNBC.

Folks on the 'left' are just not as receptive to being mentally manipulated as are folks on the 'right'.
Well - how about this from a liberal talk show host - and posted on his CBS television show:

The liberals make no effort to conceal their goals.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:21 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,391,475 times
Default Sheriff is right - bigots are crybabies now

Quote:
Originally Posted by maureensacks View Post
Is the politics of hate climate underlying cause of todays tragedy or is it an isolated incident?? What do you think??
I think the current representation of GOP is most ignorant, petty, and small-minded group of individuals since the Jim Crow era. They preach fear because they are without viable solutions to any of the problems that plague this country. They are driven insane because we have a successful black man as president. Their ideology stinks and has no place in modern times. Being a Conservative of any form is synonymous with being a bigot and Conservatives have much more in common with the KKK than they do not. Naturally, the hate flows from this extreme ignorance. Quite pathetic.

So absolutely, this incident is a direct result of the vile, petty mindset that is the GOP and tea party. These people are borderline cannibals because of the success of Obama at the helm. I think they are worse than illegal immigrants and far more destructive to the betterment of this society than any "terrorist" from the middle east.

Harsh penalties are necessary for these barbaric savages.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:22 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,980,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I as well as a few cops I know feel that the Sheriff used the tragedy to make a political statement. It was embarrassing to watch him.
With little evidence at the time he made quite a few statements that could only be considered political grand standing. Typical hack.
I just finished watching his press conference. This guys NUTS. I lived in Tucson for a few years, and I was not happy there. For the most part, the people were nice enough, but the politicians were really weird. And corrupt. Sadly, I lived very close to this event. 20 years ago it was a decent neighborhood. Sad how the border situation has turned it into a dump.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:22 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,396,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Well - how about this from a liberal talk show host - and posted on his CBS television show:

The liberals make no effort to conceal their goals.
Link please.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
I think the current representation of GOP is most ignorant, petty, and small-minded group of individuals since the Jim Crow era. They preach fear because they are without viable solutions to any of the problems that plague this country. They are driven insane because we have a successful black man as president. Their ideology stinks and has no place in modern times. Being a Conservative of any form is synonymous with being a bigot and Conservatives have much more in common with the KKK than they do not. Naturally, the hate flows from this extreme ignorance. Quite pathetic.

So absolutely, this incident is a direct result of the vile, petty mindset that is the GOP and tea party. These people are borderline cannibals because of the success of Obama at the helm. I think they are worse than illegal immigrants and far more destructive to the betterment of this society than any "terrorist" from the middle east.

Snipers wanted. Of course it's fine and dandy when liberals openly call for the assassination of a president. Can't have censorship.

You people are absurd. It's anything goes when it comes to Carville's famous vicious politics, or Keith Olberrman's.

It's sick the way you will try to exploit this so you can shut down all political debate and use it to promote your liberal agenda.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Link please.
You're kidding? Craig Kilborn.

Kilborn, CBS Target Bush | The Smoking Gun

Of course this is something you all try to sweep under the rug now - but the liberals yukked it up for days after this was on their television show.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:27 PM

898 posts, read 828,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post

And there you have a San Francisco liberal, folks. Who's the one filled with hate???

Old 01-09-2011, 12:28 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,396,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Snipers wanted. Of course it's fine and dandy when liberals openly call for the assassination of a president. Can't have censorship.

You people are absurd. It's anything goes when it comes to Carville's famous vicious politics, or Keith Olberrman's.

It's sick the way you will try to exploit this so you can shut down all political debate and use it to promote your liberal agenda.
Ok, I just looked it up. This was in August of 2000 on the late late show.

How many people watch that, like 10?

Its not like it was on the evening news. It was a comedy bit gone bad wrong. Lets talk about.....

........a senate candidate saying that there are second amendment solutions to congress this year. Seems slightly more relevant.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:35 PM

2,304 posts, read 2,963,512 times
Yes, there are rabid left wingers, but mostly outliers at this point. On the right you have Senate and House wannabes and Presidential aspirants who lace their debates with gun references. Lock and reload, second amendment remedies, cross-hair targets. Major players, huge audiences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies