Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2011, 03:29 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,875,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
I applaud you on your research, but what you say above is simply not true. I refer to the keeping of some crazy list here.
Yes it is,you are ignorant of the gun laws.

Old 01-09-2011, 03:31 PM

5,546 posts, read 10,002,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Yes it is,you are ignorant of the gun laws.
Prove it.

And here you go, based on this criteria, this guy would have been able to buy a gun:

http://crime.about.com/od/guns/a/handgun_check.htm

As noted, not all data gets entered. The only item in question would be the pot. But who knows? He might have been a minor in which case it might not have ever been entered. And not every state complies with this. And I can guarantee in this state a LOT does not get entered.

Old 01-09-2011, 03:31 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,265,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
You know what is really sad, when JFK was killed, when RFK was killed, and when Reagan was shot people in this country put their differences aside.

Several people have been killed including a 9yr old child, and listen to some of you go back and forth.

Shame on you. Just reinforces my belief that this country will implode from the inside.
Excellent point. During the 60's we lived in a true us-them world which was so pronounced it tore apart families. But these things were bigger. We didn't want to live in a society where presidents were shot. And remember Kent State? The extreme us-them world exploded and the shock of it in the end made *everyone* take a deep breath.

What I see now is us-them growing every worse. How many comments are made that immediately get a political slant from both sides? The problem is our challenges take everyone but if you point a finger at "them" you aren't helping, just making it worse.

I too share the concern that we will simply implode into useless yelling until somebody comes along who knows how to use it.

Old 01-09-2011, 03:32 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,758,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoBlue View Post
There is no way to spin this one. Yet within a few weeks these people will have everyone thinking that Palin did nothing wrong, the shooter was a liberal nut, and unicorns fly out Rush's butt.

It's ridiculous and totally incompetent and down right stupid to put anything on a webpage or say anything in public that deranged individuals can use as motivation to take out public officials. The world is too crazy right now to suggest a...nyone should be at the end of rifle scope...meaning cross hairs. She knows EXACTLY what that implies. Otherwise why the hell would she take it down if she didn't think anyone would think anyone would take it as a crosshair? She's a fu*king idiot and it angers me that they play so stupid and innocent.

No way to spin this? The left is twisting themselves into pretzels trying to do just that. Unfortunately for them they are alienating the American people by attempting to exploit this tragedy for political gain. There is no evidence the shooter ever heard of Palin, Limbaugh et al. much less acted as a result of their words. Their is overwhelming evidence he is a nut motivated by insanity.

By the way Daily Kos used the exact same imagery you are so worried about. How do you know that didn't influence him?

Old 01-09-2011, 03:35 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,091,500 times
That piece of crap sheriff is USING this horrible event for his left wing political agenda. No one should give him airtime until he looks up the word professionalism. He is doing exactly what he is accusing others of.

Old 01-09-2011, 03:36 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,046,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
I think the Democrats have definitely created a climate of hate with their vitrol directed at those who are different from them (i.e. the rich, the religious, the conservative, or the hardworking)
No, Democrats aren't to blame for the political hate climate.

Politics are to blame as well.

Which includes Republicans.

Sorry, Republicans are just as liable as Democrats when it comes to the partisan hackery this country has become.

Old 01-09-2011, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
That piece of crap sheriff is USING this horrible event for his left wing political agenda. No one should give him airtime until he looks up the word professionalism. He is doing exactly what he is accusing others of.
Why does his telling the truth rattle so many? It's not like AZ wasn't on the map before for having some very questionable things going on here.

Old 01-09-2011, 03:40 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,875,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Prove it.

And here you go, based on this criteria, this guy would have been able to buy a gun:

Handgun Background Check - Handgun Background Check System Has Loopholes

As noted, not all data gets entered. The only item in question would be the pot. But who knows? He might have been a minor in which case it might not have ever been entered. And not every state complies with this. And I can guarantee in this state a LOT does not get entered.
As I stated,you are ignorant of the gun laws.

This guy was never judged to have a mental illness,on what grounds should he have been barred from purchasing a firearm?

Old 01-09-2011, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
As I stated,you are ignorant of the gun laws.

This guy was never judged to have a mental illness,on what grounds should he have been barred from purchasing a firearm?
I already said the pot, if he was ever charged. And how do you know he was never judged to have a mental illness? How do you know he never saw a shrink or therapist? There are too many unknowns at this point.

Did you not even read that link I posted?

ETA: Basically, anyone can own a gun, as I thought...

http://crime.about.com/od/gunlawsbys...gunlaws_az.htm

The only thing that has changed is it's ok to conceal without a permit now.

Old 01-09-2011, 03:45 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
He is not right or left, he is simply saying what someone needs to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies