Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2011, 03:46 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,086,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Why does his telling the truth rattle so many? It's not like AZ wasn't on the map before for having some very questionable things going on here.

I don't think you are hearing what he is saying and how he is saying it.

Old 01-09-2011, 03:48 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,865,417 times
Quote:
I already said the pot, if he was ever charged. And how do you know he was never judged to have a mental illness? How do you know he never saw a shrink or therapist? There are too many unknowns at this point.

Did you not even read that link I posted?
Sigh....you CANNOT legally buy a firearm from a FFL without passing a NICS check.

Have you ever bought a firearm?

Old 01-09-2011, 03:48 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,104,013 times
Im going to go out on a limb and say that Sheriff Dupenik is a Democrat?

I realize that sheriffs are elected and that as such they are politicians first, and law enforcement/jail administrators second but whatever happened to putting his job ahead of politics? His statements reek of political bias and he should resign for embarrassing the law enforcement profession. The job of the sheriff is to run the sheriff's department ... not to get involved with politics.

Old 01-09-2011, 03:50 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,345,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydog32 View Post
Since when were Sheriffs politicians? Since when were sheriffs mental health professionals?

This guy needs to stop running his mouth and do his job. He needs to stay out of politics, stop speculating on the motives of criminal and DO HS JOB. Keep the public safe and start putting together a strong case against this cold blooded murderer.
(might be a little late to the discussion)
The "Sheriff" is usually elected. He is a politician.

Old 01-09-2011, 03:51 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,996,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I don't think you are hearing what he is saying and how he is saying it.
And I think I understand perfectly well what he is saying since I LIVE HERE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post

I realize that sheriffs are elected and that as such they are politicians first, and law enforcement/jail administrators second but whatever happened to putting his job ahead of politics? His statements reek of political bias and he should resign for embarrassing the law enforcement profession. The job of the sheriff is to run the sheriff's department ... not to get involved with politics.
The guy made a statement much like any of us on here could. It wasn't political (what I heard). He was simply saying that AZ has become a mecca for bigotry and prejudice. There is nothing political about that. I think he said something about this country needing to do some soul searching - again, this is not political.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
(might be a little late to the discussion)
The "Sheriff" is usually elected. He is a politician.
Well, if you're talking about the infamous Sheriff Joe, I'll agree 100%. I bet most in the country know who he is. However, this other sheriff is basically a no-name guy who offered his thoughts.

Last edited by observer53; 01-09-2011 at 04:03 PM..

Old 01-09-2011, 03:57 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,086,766 times
Quote:

You don't even need to climb the tree let alone go out on a limb. He has made his bigoted biased Democrat opinion very clear. Only the ignorant or the sheeple will miss it.

Old 01-09-2011, 03:59 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,996,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
You don't even need to climb the tree let alone go out on a limb. He has made his bigoted biased Democrat opinion very clear. Only the ignorant or the sheeple will miss it.
Can I ask? In what way was it political? What exactly did he say that was political? I must have missed this.

Old 01-09-2011, 04:00 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,969,909 times
Quote:
You must be joking. I live here and the Dems have very little, if any, influence at all. I ought to know, as I am a frustrated one of them. I went so far as to register as a republican just so I could vote and appear on their roster, as I mysteriously was disappeared as a Democrat in the 2004 election.
Where is "here". AZ in general, or Tucson in particular. Because Tucson is VERY liberal, and Dems have a LOT of influence.

Old 01-09-2011, 04:01 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,865,417 times
Quote:
Why yes he is....

Old 01-09-2011, 04:03 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,215,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He is not right or left, he is simply saying what someone needs to say.
What exactly was it that needed to be said?
That AZ is a mecca for racism? Because they are forced to deal with a problem long ignored by the federal gov?
That his Shreiffs dept possably dropped the ball on the back ground check? Oh wait he didn't say that. I don't believe that they did, nor did he mention the possability.
That this tragedy happened on his watch on his turf? No he didn't say that either.
What he did do is blame anyone and everything except himself and his dept.
Why didn't he mention violent video games or movies/ Why didn't he mention the media that glorifies these scum bags by giving them so much media attention?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies