Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2011, 02:10 PM

46,948 posts, read 25,984,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
She supported MORE border control....
Yes, on the federal level. Not on the state level. And not via SB1070. Which is why I typed she spoke out against SB1070 - because she did. According to your own cite, even. Just admit that you were wrong, then we can both get on with our lives, mmkay?

Old 01-09-2011, 02:12 PM

256 posts, read 664,504 times
I belief the Sheriff was correct in what he had to say.

Whether people want to believe it or not, this country is divided. All you have to do is look at the comments-everyone is blaming this on one political group or another with no true facts to back it up. This kid was crazy. All you have to do is watch the videos to see it. It is a fact, according to police, that he targeted the Congresswoman. Instead of coming together, we are all fighting about it and trying to place blame on everyone else. It's exactly what the Sheriff was talking about. I'm sure we'll hear lots of good stuff on the radio and media waves tomorrow.

Personally, I think BOTH sides should tone it down. But they won't.

Old 01-09-2011, 02:25 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,822,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Though I hope this is the END of Sarah Palin and the idiot TeaParty, I am fearful there are still a few young men out there like this guy with a chip on the shoulder willing to "carry" out the 20 Pac initiative in the name of "taking back this country" and all too willing to PULL THE TRIGGER in the name of federalism....
He did NOT follow Sarah Palin or the Tea Party so WHY should this be the end of them?

Old 01-09-2011, 02:28 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
The Sheriff may have a point, but I think it was inappropriate for him to insert his commentary into his public briefing. The shooter and those who worked with him to commit the crime are the only ones who should be held responsible by the judicial system.

Old 01-09-2011, 02:29 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,868,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Yes, on the federal level. Not on the state level. And not via SB1070. Which is why I typed she spoke out against SB1070 - because she did. According to your own cite, even. Just admit that you were wrong, then we can both get on with our lives, mmkay?
Perhaps because she did not "speak out" against it???

You made that up.

Okay?

Old 01-09-2011, 02:32 PM

8,615 posts, read 10,146,663 times
Authorities are now saying that the "2nd man" was cleared of any involvement in the shootings as he was the taxi driver who drove Jared to the store.

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region...ucson-shooting

Old 01-09-2011, 02:38 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,173,569 times
If you spew hate in that type of way, it will incite violence. When you map out people that need to be "gotten rid of" with a target... and crosshairs, are you not implying that they should be TAKEN OUT. When you have someone like Bachmann who says "I Want People "Armed And Dangerous" Over Obama Tax Plan" or Palin's 'Don't retreat, reload" or Jesse Kelly who says "Bring the M16 and shoot with me" or Angle who says "2nd Amendment remedies are a cure for Harry Reid", you are, in essence, inciting violence to people who are already 5 cans short of a 6 pack. Telling people that their lives are over and the country is going to end if we don't do something by any means necessary..Basically, scaring the crap outta people, people react.

Old 01-09-2011, 02:47 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
There is plenty of hate to spew around from both our lovely Dems, and Repubs. They both breath and take in hatred. Neither party is innocent of not having hatred, how could anyone feel that one party is better then the other, nonsense. We as the people need to be tougher on both parties even that of our choosing.

But i do feel that there has been more hatred coming from the democratic party, and the bull they feed us. I have family who also live in Arizona, depending on where you live there, it is getting on the dangerous side, depending on where you live. I do believe that the dems, helped the hatred going on within Arizona.

Both parties really need to take a real hard good look at themselves, and what message they really want to convey to us. And then act upon it, not just talk about it.

Old 01-09-2011, 02:48 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,868,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoBlue View Post
If you spew hate in that type of way, it will incite violence. When you map out people that need to be "gotten rid of" with a target... and crosshairs, are you not implying that they should be TAKEN OUT. When you have someone like Bachmann who says "I Want People "Armed And Dangerous" Over Obama Tax Plan" or Palin's 'Don't retreat, reload" or Jesse Kelly who says "Bring the M16 and shoot with me" or Angle who says "2nd Amendment remedies are a cure for Harry Reid", you are, in essence, inciting violence to people who are already 5 cans short of a 6 pack. Telling people that their lives are over and the country is going to end if we don't do something by any means necessary..Basically, scaring the crap outta people, people react.

Old 01-09-2011, 02:54 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,173,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post

I just watched the founder of the Tea Party, who basically said this guy was nuts, and the prevailing violence-tainted ads and political rhetoric had nothing to do with the shooting. He forgot to mention that the Tea Party candidate running against her had a campaign that he called the m-16 party, and that it was time to blow away the opposition. Now, that didn't give anybody any ideas, did it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies