Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2011, 09:34 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,872,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Fact: She released a map with crosshair targets, and the word "RELOAD" to take back our country, and one of the targeted officials was shot today. If you don't at least see the irony in these facts, I think you are being intentionally obtuse.

Again, that doesn't mean I took her map & words literally, nor do I think she condones violence... but if somebody from the Democrat's map had been shot instead, I'd be saying the same exact thing. It's ironic, sad, and COULD be an indication of political violence erupting in this country - and I'm afraid this isn't the end.

So you think the dailykos could be at fault too then, right?

Old 01-09-2011, 09:41 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,727,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Fact: She released a map with crosshair targets, and the word "RELOAD" to take back our country, and one of the targeted officials was shot today. If you don't at least see the irony in these facts, I think you are being intentionally obtuse.
The other thing is that when Giffords talked about Palin's map with gun sights on her, she said that these kinds of actions have consequences.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:51 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,424,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Link(s)?

Any credible sources?
Watching the news now.

"Contrary to the opinion of several bloggers following the shooting, there is no evidence that Sarah Palin or Glenn Beck had any influence on Loughner. On the contrary, according to Caitie, at the time she knew him, he was left wing, quite liberal, and “oddly obsessed with the 2012 prophecy.” “He wore shirts & bracelets about it. & liked to discuss 2012 w/ everyone!”

Their group was “liberal in wanting to change the way the world was run, we both wanted to. He took it to an extreme I never would’ve.” She said he was a “political radical” long before the teaparty, Glenn Beck, or Sarah Palin came on the scene."

An interview with someone who they said knew him.

I said its everything I've seen so far. Honestly, there isn't enough evidence either way to say one way or another yet. His own writings I've seen run the full spectrum of left and right.

On one hand he's against big government, on the other hand he thinks that the government is making people poor.

I'm just saying that the first indications are that he was radical, left or right may not apply.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:00 AM

5,546 posts, read 10,012,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Considering I read the whole thread and have not seen you express any sympathy for the victims I guess you aren't in much of a position to speculate.

She thought of those involved...you thought of hate.
She thought of covering her butt, the 2012 election and getting that crosshairs map off the NET pronto!

Old 01-09-2011, 10:02 AM

5,546 posts, read 10,012,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The other thing is that when Giffords talked about Palin's map with gun sights on her, she said that these kinds of actions have consequences.
YES, YES, YES! This cannot be said enough but people seem to not pay attention to this important factoid.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

When Gifford read her portion of the constitution on the floor of the house, she read the portion on the right to bear arms. Did that have any bearing on this tragedy? Can you jump to any conclusions there?

The Daily Kos also had an ad with targets and referred to Gifford. It's a ridiculous arguement.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:08 AM

8,650 posts, read 10,180,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
YES, YES, YES! This cannot be said enough but people seem to not pay attention to this important factoid.
LOL...How can we NOT pay attention when it is almost every other post??

Old 01-09-2011, 10:09 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,920,999 times
This is obviously shaping up to be the single most shameful perfomance by the "drive by" media in my lifetime. (This includes all of the regular, talking-head contributors). Which is TRULY saying something!
And yet shame will elude these folks, of course.
Anything-goes liberalism, by definition, holds that they can say or do whatever they want, if they think it might help they side. Thus, we will not get a circumspect, thoughtful response from the leftist media (or that Tucson sheriff or other leftists). To paraphrase Rahm Emmanuel, never let a good crisis or tragedy go to waste...
Conservatism, by definition, is circumspect and waits.
Look, this is going to have terrible repercussions on the following: The Republican Party, the anti-open borders movement, and the freedom agenda. The congresswomen was a Democrat. And the media WILL be able to dig into this sociopath's background and find one or more ties, no matter how tenuous, which can be stretched to insinuate and cast aspersions on the above three causes. They are doing it already, with fervor.
The American people will buy it.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post

That's because it is irrelevant. Were the other victims also on Palin's map? YOU are sounding unhinged with your hate. Nice that you take a tragedy and make it political. There IS more to this world.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:12 AM

898 posts, read 828,974 times
Only the left will buy it, not the country at large. The left will use this as they always use tragedies to further their own sick and twisted world view but no one in mainstream America is buying that nonsense anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies