Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 07:28 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,760,703 times

Advertisements

It is clear the guy is being partisan to deflect from the fact that he is responsible for not doing something about this guy before he killed. It is clear he is incompetent.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:30 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,878,379 times
Well well well....quite a development.

It seems the Sheriff dept. REALLY messed this up.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:36 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,029,970 times
I do wonder, given the past complaints, why his office did not do more to pursue these threats. Having seen interviews with his teacher at Pima CC and those of his peers there, it appears that the sheriff's office was both notified and aware of his continued threats. Mayhap the investigation will show that not enough was done or that there is little that can be done with clearly mentally ill people given current laws. I will be interested in the outcome of this.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:42 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,291,205 times
b-b-b-b-b-b-b-ut...Palin and her map!

Old 01-10-2011, 07:46 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,352,455 times
I sure wouldn't want to be the one who had to defend this incompetent boob in a civil suit.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:05 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,869,339 times
WOW!!!

I wondered if he was trying to cover something up. You just don't see professionals tossing out opinion in an investigation like that. Usually cops answer as few questions as possible and decline comments during an investigation. Just seemed odd that he offered up so much. If this is true...he needs to be called out on it. It would make perfect sense to try to redirect the blame, even though the shooter alone pulled the trigger.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:16 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
What do you know about Sherrif Dupnik's political affiliation?
When Fox News shows its quotes from the good sheriff made today, they list (D) with his name. Also, his words today say that it is surely Palion who is to blame although he didn't talk like that Saturday. Is there a chance that the Dems hadn't developed their talking points about this crisis yet on Saturday but have by now? I think that is just what happened.

The young man had scared the pee out of many of his classmates at Pima JC months ago and they had plenty of reason to tell him to stay away from the campus. Students at the JCs were mostly afraid to be in a class room with him. He broke out laughing sometimes for some reason nobody understood.

Push and shove but so far you are very wrong about this subject.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
Are you talking about his part in the press conference right after the shooting? If that's what you're saying, then can you explain what was partisan, political and divisive about his statement? (FYI, speculation is just that; it is not evidence). Especially that part about his statement being "divisive".

BTW, do you remember that it was he who refused to apologize for saying that state(s) should not be obligated to educate illegal immigrant children?
Should he retract or apologize for that comment, or is it only the comments you disagree with that require clarification?
Is there a chance that you haven't heard his very partisan sounding words today? I would say that there certainly is just that since today he took directly to the Democrat and media talking points about this tragedy.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
sanrene, the shooting in Tucson is a federal crime; why would a local sheriff be investigating it? I fail to see how you think he is jeopardizing the investigation or that he even could do that.

I thought Eric Holder was the most unprofessional law enforcement official you have ever seen
I would say that you don't realize that Arizona and the US may get into a real argument over prosecuting this crime. I hope you know that the murders of the people that crud killed are all state crimes and only if Giffords dies will the Feds have anything to say. What you are saying is too much like an opinion piece I read today about the people in charge in DC wanting to increase our dependency on them in any way they can. THERE IS NO FEDERAL CRIME AGAINST MURDER EXCEPT THAT OF A FEDERAL OFFICER. Unless Giffords dies they will be on the outside looking in and it appears that unless something unknown takes place she won't be cooperating with them.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:26 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,029,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I would say that you don't realize that Arizona and the US may get into a real argument over prosecuting this crime. I hope you know that the murders of the people that crud killed are all state crimes and only if Giffords dies will the Feds have anything to say. What you are saying is too much like an opinion piece I read today about the people in charge in DC wanting to increase our dependency on them in any way they can. THERE IS NO FEDERAL CRIME AGAINST MURDER EXCEPT THAT OF A FEDERAL OFFICER. Unless Giffords dies they will be on the outside looking in and it appears that unless something unknown takes place she won't be cooperating with them.
Federal judge was killed and it is a federal crime to harm a federal elected employee. That's why the federal charges were filed and why the FBI is investigating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies