Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 05:04 PM

607 posts, read 958,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Right now, as I write, I'm actually listening to a REAL radio station out of Phoenix discussing this situation. I doubt you can say your radio station is discussing the same.
I am also listening to a "real" radio station out of NY. But you are correct, they are NOT discussing the same.

They rarely do on sports radio, though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
And those five things I posted? Those were all FACTS, even though there were misspellings.
I never questioned the validity of what you posted, only that you posted a specific post that supported you, is all.

Old 01-12-2011, 06:50 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,427,256 times
On the issue upthread about the issue of where Mrs. Loughner works:

Amy Loughner got a job with the county parks and recreation department just before Jared was born, and since at least 2002 has been the supervisor for Roy P. Drachman Agua Caliente Park on the outskirts of the city. She earns $25.70 an hour, according to Gwyn Hatcher, Pima County's human resources director.

So much for her being the Sheriff's supervisor, or even working for the Board of Supervisors, as the blog cited in the posts upthread indicate.

Old 01-12-2011, 06:58 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
He said he wanted people to tone down their rhetoric. Now, I don't see a connection between anyone's rhetoric and the killings, but how was his statement partisan, or even political?

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.
Oh come now. You don't see a political statement when he is blaming ONE side for the "heated" rhetoric? When he is blaming ONE side for stopping the other side from policies that are unpopular, by framing it that the dems are out to do what's good for the country? By blaming talk radio and "right" side personalities on TV? No mention of doberman or any other Left flamethrower.

By criticizing ONE side, whether it be Palin, Beck, Rush, Tea Party, with not a shred of evidence, just his belief, he is engaging in the very same rhetoric he is criticizing in others.

The guy is a partisan hack

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/12/us...pagewanted=all

Quote:
TUCSON — The police were sent to the home where Jared L. Loughner lived with his family on more than one occasion before the attack here on Saturday that left a congresswoman fighting for her life and six others dead, the Pima County Sheriff’s Department said on Tuesday.

A spokesman, Jason Ogan, said the details of the calls were being reviewed by legal counsel and would be released as soon as the review was complete.
Why the review? To cover the sheriff's butt maybe? Looks like his office knew the guy, told the people targeted with death threats the guy was being taken care of by the mental health system, even though the mental health system hasn't heard of the guy before. Looks like this sheriff dropped the ball...big time.

Old 01-12-2011, 07:00 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,738,186 times
I never heard Dupnik mention one side or the other ...

Old 01-12-2011, 07:04 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,028,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Tucson Shooting: Arizona Sheriff Clarence Dupnik Blasts Rush Limbaugh for Spewing 'Irresponsible' Vitriol - ABC News

Old 01-12-2011, 07:12 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
RealClearPolitics - Video - AZ Sheriff Dupnik: "No Doubt" Limbaugh, "Hate" Talk Radio Had To Do With Shooting

I guess everything and everyone that EXPOSES the lies, failures, scandals more lies of the democrats/obama/Left are engaged in "hate".

See, that's what the dems/libs don't like - they don't like their talking points being challenged, they don't like it when their policy failures are exposed and reported, they don't like it when the other side of the story is given, they don't like it when they have to explain their behavior to an angry public. But most important, they don't like it that their left-wing agenda has been stopped cold by an historic loss in the most recent election. This is exactly what the sheriff was complaining about.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepu...11tue1-11.html

Quote:
Dupnik needs to recall that he is elected to be a lawman. With each additional comment, the Democratic sheriff of Pima County is revealing his agenda as partisan, and, as such, every bit as recklessly antagonistic as the talk-show hosts and politicians he chooses to decry.
This is an arrogant SOB who has no idea he is engaging in the exact same rhetoric he is complaining about from others.

Why is that behavior so prevalent with dems/libs?

Old 01-12-2011, 07:19 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,354,876 times
I don't hear Sheriff Dupnik criticizing the death threats against Sheriff Joe Arpaio. Oh, I forgot -Dupnik only climbs on his soapbox in defense of the Liberal Democrat agenda.

Sheriff Arpaio says he will continue doing his job and they can "put that in their pipe and smoke it." You go, Sheriff Arpaio! You rock!!!!!!!

Old 01-12-2011, 07:20 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,875,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
You do not listen well then.

He specifically mentioned Rush Limbaugh.

Old 01-12-2011, 07:42 AM

24,418 posts, read 23,076,143 times
Sheriff " Dumbnik" is a disgrace to his profession. I assume the senile old hate monger is retired, ne needs to shut his fool mouth and go find rocking chair some where.

Old 01-12-2011, 07:43 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,738,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Sheriff " Dumbnik" is a disgrace to his profession. I assume the senile old hate monger is retired, ne needs to shut his fool mouth and go find rocking chair some where.
hate much?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies