Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 09:43 PM

1,332 posts, read 1,990,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
Unless more information comes to light, I don't believe the Pima County Sheriff failed in terms of law enforcement actions. He had no way of knowing this guy was about to explode. Not even the guy's parents had a clue.

Sheriff Dupnik appears to have done everything he could as a county sheriff. As I see it, his lone fault was to use his office to early politicize a tragedy that was yet to be investigated. However by doing this, he only revealed his deep-seated prejudices to his constituents who may take it into consideration in his reelection.
You make valid points...though this sheriff and his department apparently are not "poster boys" for Homeland Security...Aren't we all asked to look for anything suspicious?

He should simply resign...He's an idiot.

And blaming cable TV shows for anyone's actions is equivalent to crediting infomercials for economic recovery.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:46 PM

Default Stop being so sensitive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Wow. You started with a legitimate question about the Sheriff and then veered into bizarro-world, ending with childish comments about Nancy Pelosi's health and Barney Frank's sexual orientation.

It's hard to take such an unhinged rant seriously.
Apparently you are offended by my comparisions...It was a comparision, not an accusation.

And try to have a sense of humor...

7,474 posts, read 22,885,783 times
Lots of pressure coming down on him to resign. I hope they force him into retirement, he sure isn't doing his job..!

5,546 posts, read 10,002,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
You make valid points...though this sheriff and his department apparently are not "poster boys" for Homeland Security...Aren't we all asked to look for anything suspicious?

He should simply resign...He's an idiot.

And blaming cable TV shows for anyone's actions is equivalent to crediting infomercials for economic recovery.
This may come as a shock to you, but law enforcement personnel don't double as shrinks.

10,420 posts, read 10,832,599 times
Yep

Old 01-12-2011, 09:47 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,678,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
Apparently you are offended by my comparisions...It was a comparision, not an accusation.

And try to have a sense of humor...
I didn't see any intention of humor on your part. And no one else seems to be laughing either.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:49 PM

Default He does not deserve respect..he acted like an idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Hasn't this been asked before in another thread?

Trying to pin anything on him (after the fact) is pathetic. He's been in law enforcement since 1958 and should be shown more respect than stupid questions being bandied about on the Net.
It was a question, wasn't it?...And quite a valid question.

The man is not competent for the office...Apparently he is where he is because of the defective party politics in this country...

Old 01-12-2011, 09:51 PM

Default You've been elected to speak for everyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I didn't see any intention of humor on your part. And no one else seems to be laughing either.
You represent everyone on this board?...Everyone that reads these posts?...I didn't get a ballot...Who else was running?

Old 01-12-2011, 10:02 PM

Default Nor do members of any political party, nor cable show hosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
This may come as a shock to you, but law enforcement personnel don't double as shrinks.
Yet he can place blame on a political group, implying that they should have known that this single individual would do this act? Even though he has no association with them?...Or that cable show hosts should analyze every single member of their listening audience, and take responsibility for each of them?

Well, he has the same responsibility for everyone in his county...he's the sheriff....Same logic, isn't it?

And that's no logic at all...

The man simply made an idiot of himself at the worse possible time...It shows that he cannot handle pressure.

Old 01-12-2011, 10:08 PM

24,417 posts, read 23,076,143 times
Sheriff Doofnik, AKA "Sheriff Doofy" politicized it so he no doubt was thinking he had to shift the blame away from himslef and his office. I don't think he or anybody in law enforcement alone could have prevented it. It was a combination of failures from all those around Loughner. But the sheriff is guilty of unprofessionalism, lack of character and poor judgement in the handling of his office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies