Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 10:06 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,505,779 times

Advertisements

I don't mean to diminish his authority, but sheriffs typically run the jail. They don't do as much law enforcement as the local police.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:18 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,998 times
It would be nice to see interviews from those he threatened in the past to see how it was handled.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:23 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
Prosecutors make inflammatory statements all the time when they have high-profile cases.
Sheriffs do? They make partisan, divisive rhetoric while railing on those that use partisan, divisive rhetoric?

I have never seen a sheriff investigating a crime that has made the kind of statements this guy is making. Megan Kelly called him out about his speculation with no facts to back it up, so did Dianne Sawyer, asking him if he should really be speculating when there is absolutely no evidence for his claims.

His snotty, pissy answer..."well, that's my opinion".

The point; it is NOT his pervue to be making political statements while investigating these murders...wouldn't you agree?

Old 01-10-2011, 10:31 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,832,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
This guy is truly the most unprofessional law enforcement official I have ever seen. It is NOT his job to give us his opinion on the state of political discourse in this country. His ONLY responsibility is to investigate this crime and report on the facts, which he is not doing.

He has not one shred of evidence to back up his partisan rhetoric. He should be replaced, as in my view, he is jeopardizing the prosecution of the murderer.
A political hack is a negative term ascribed to a person who is part of the political party apparatus, but whose intentions are more aligned with victory than personal conviction. The term "hired gun" is often used in tandem to further describe the moral bankruptcy of the "hack". Need we say more?

Old 01-10-2011, 10:36 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,093,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Sheriffs do? They make partisan, divisive rhetoric while railing on those that use partisan, divisive rhetoric?

I have never seen a sheriff investigating a crime that has made the kind of statements this guy is making. Megan Kelly called him out about his speculation with no facts to back it up, so did Dianne Sawyer, asking him if he should really be speculating when there is absolutely no evidence for his claims.

His snotty, pissy answer..."well, that's my opinion".

The point; it is NOT his pervue to be making political statements while investigating these murders...wouldn't you agree?
No, I don't agree. Sheriffs are often elected positions. IMO, he can say what he wants as long as he doesn't try to question the suspect on TV.....see Ted Bundy. You do know the difference between a Sheriff and a prosecutor, don't you?

Old 01-10-2011, 10:58 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,524,514 times
Sheriff Dupnik seems to know enough about Jared Loughner
from his own words and dealings in the past and this will
come out now that the Sheriff has pointed out where to look
for the details and will be held accountable.

I would not be surprised if someone misguided this alleged
murderer and being the mental case he is he screwed it up
taking things just a bit to far leaving the Sheriff scrambling to cover
his tracks by making the statements he did just to buy him some time,
and the people that don't agree with him fit perfectly into the diversion

Jared is just a bit to quiet for someone with an agenda unless someone convinced
him his efforts were for the better world he believes in, If his state of mind is truly
that of a mad man would he really know the difference
or care if he was given the impression that people supported
him for once

Old 01-11-2011, 05:23 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,288,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
No, I don't agree.
Since you do not agree, what purpose does it serve to make such statements?

Old 01-11-2011, 09:14 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,316,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I want to see the outcome but what I want to see is law enforcement people demanding laws to deal with people like this before they kill. I know that if he had been investigated by psychiatric people they would have wanted him locked up until some good info about him was made public. We have no laws to deal with people like him until after they commit a crime and then his problem will be used to defend him. It is too late for these people but we can still protect the next group or groups from his kind by developing laws to deal with them before they kill.
You can't have it both ways, Roy. You can't cut the funding for mental health care in a state by 50%---which Brewer did---and still expect the mental heath department to be able to treat and keep track of all the seriously disturbed people in the state. That just leads to more and more people falling through the cracks.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:47 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
This sheriff should be removed for inciting more violence into this.

By him taking a political statement like he did and attacking and blaming radio and TV for this incident the nut needs to look into his own backyard before sticking his foot into his mouth.

If anything he has failed to protect the citizens he is getting paid to protect and failed because he knew something was wrong and did nothing.

Sheriff it is time for you to step down as it is clear you cannot do your job correctly.
Thanks for seeing the truth be told here. You have said it all, this is not the place or time, to bring in political statements, and throwing attacks, and insults and blame to radio and TV for this tragedy. One lone nutcase, should be responsible for his own actions, and no one else.

This Sherrif needs further looking into. You know something is so wrong and you do nothing, who is sick here.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:55 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,875,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
You can't have it both ways, Roy. You can't cut the funding for mental health care in a state by 50%---which Brewer did---and still expect the mental heath department to be able to treat and keep track of all the seriously disturbed people in the state. That just leads to more and more people falling through the cracks.
When was funding cut?

Was this guy receiving any treatment funded by the state?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies