Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 10:43 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,517,565 times

Advertisements

His comments could mess up he killers trial. Why he didn't know this is beyond stupid.

Old 01-12-2011, 10:53 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,734 times
Yes, he was covering....

Old 01-12-2011, 11:07 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,524,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post

Trying to pin anything on him (after the fact) is pathetic. He's been in law enforcement since 1958 and should be shown more respect than stupid questions being bandied about on the Net.
It sure seems like the Sheriff & Jared were not strangers

http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kgun/...%20release.pdf

Sheriff releases Jared Lee Loughner records - KGUN9 On Your Side, Tucson News, Weather & Sports (http://www.kgun9.com/Global/story.asp?S=13831965 - broken link)

Being in Law Enforcement since 1958 does NOT give
someone a pass for poor Character & Policies

He brought this on himself once he saw an opportunity
to push an agenda to a national audience without facts !

What ever was he thinking of besides himself

Old 01-12-2011, 11:39 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,485,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Hasn't this been asked before in another thread?

Trying to pin anything on him (after the fact) is pathetic. He's been in law enforcement since 1958 and should be shown more respect than stupid questions being bandied about on the Net.
Really? We shouldn't engage in unfounded assertions and allegations? Reminds me of something............

Old 01-12-2011, 11:51 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,028,329 times
I do not have a very high opinion of this sheriff's actions in this tragedy. He did not act professionally when he decided to bring politics into the fray. The country was looking to him for information in his position as sheriff; we have enough pundits. Additionally, his office did visit this home several times and were also informed by the Pima Community College of Loughner's bizarre and disturbing behavior. The sheriff's office was utilized to deliver the letter from the college saying that Loughner could not return to school until he got a mental evaluation.

At what point would this have signaled a red flag for this office? As officers of the law, they can use their discretion and professional judgement when speaking to someone to determine if further investigation is needed. The sheriff's office could have utilized many of these opportunities to have Loughner checked out by the local ER, which apparently is a bit easier to do in Arizona than in other states.

Ultimately, this sheriff, regardless of the years of service he already has behind him, showed an appalling lack of professionalism and does make one question his ability to perform his duty well.

Old 01-13-2011, 02:17 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,354,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Sheriff Doofnik, AKA "Sheriff Doofy" politicized it so he no doubt was thinking he had to shift the blame away from himslef and his office. I don't think he or anybody in law enforcement alone could have prevented it. It was a combination of failures from all those around Loughner. But the sheriff is guilty of unprofessionalism, lack of character and poor judgement in the handling of his office.

Old 01-13-2011, 02:27 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,354,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
Unless more information comes to light, I don't believe the Pima County Sheriff failed in terms of law enforcement actions. He had no way of knowing this guy was about to explode. Not even the guy's parents had a clue.

Sheriff Dupnik appears to have done everything he could as a county sheriff. As I see it, his lone fault was to use his office to early politicize a tragedy that was yet to be investigated. However by doing this, he only revealed his deep-seated prejudices to his constituents who may take it into consideration in his reelection.
Yeah, how could they?

A shrine made of rotten organges, topped by a skull in a flowerpot in their OWN YARD.
Dropping out of high school
Getting kicked out of college
Notification from college stating he needs mental health evaluation
Numerous visits from law enforcement to their home
Drugs
Firearm possession

Had one of my kids done even ONE of the above, I would have had them in intervention immediately.

What is wrong with those people?

Old 01-13-2011, 02:44 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,479,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
Was Pima County Sheriff really just covering-up for his own failure?
What did he fail to do?

Old 01-13-2011, 11:40 AM

15,446 posts, read 21,360,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Had one of my kids done even ONE of the above, I would have had them in intervention immediately.

What is wrong with those people?
I hesitated to add the parents because I really didn't know if they had a clue or not.

BTW, I had firearms as a child and my child has a firearm. My grandchidren will also have firearms as soon as they are old enough to show me they are responsible. However, I do not wish to change the subject of this thread which is the Sheriff's responsibility in this incident.

Old 01-13-2011, 11:55 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Wow, haven't seen the progressives get this pwned this quickly for a while on CD. Good job! +1

That's because they know very well all roads lead back to this Sheriff Department. Now after having spent the first few days trying desperately to hang this loon around the neck of Palin, Limbaugh and the Tea Party movement generally, they know they really stepped it. He's a pot-smoking a-political Atheist with no connection to any conservative organization whatsoever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies