Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 10:40 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,631,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I stand by my comment and I'll raise it. She is evil and cold blooded. Who the hell is she to make these decisions when there is a choice to do otherwise!
Obama said when the odd aren't good, just give them a pain pill. Maybe he could call Brewer and suggest that, besides pain pills are very cheap. He's full of great ideas for solving problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2011, 10:53 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,742,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Obama said when the odd aren't good, just give them a pain pill. Maybe he could call Brewer and suggest that, besides pain pills are very cheap. He's full of great ideas for solving problems.
Can you please send me a link to this statement?

What the hell does Obama have to do with the decision of the state of AZ to stop the funding of those who need transplants to survive?

Old 01-20-2011, 11:48 AM

59,083 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
No place in my posts will you read that I believe that life is not hard nor is it fair & I speak from experience.
Believe me my rosy glasses have been crushed a long time ago.
As far as 'my lack of knowledge' read the 14th amendment.

They ARE taking away the right to pursue life when they suddenly say"oops the budget is bad so we will cut medical" as I have stated there were many other options suggested to this so called Governor.

The name calling you accuse me of was describing those who believe it is perfectly fine & dandy if people in this great country just die because politicians decide they should, as long as it isn't themselves of course.
Sid,

I apolgize for my rant. We can agree to disagree.

Old 01-20-2011, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Sid,

I apolgize for my rant. We can agree to disagree.
I am sorry that we disagree. I will never be OK with the decisions of a few that allows a certain group of citizens to die because they are sick.
2 have already died & the others surely will without treatment.
This is a death sentence without a trial because of a particular illness.
It sickens me & saddens me to the depths of my being.

Old 01-22-2011, 10:00 AM

More cuts to come as the AZ state legislature just proposed to cut about 240 thousand people off the state run medical program AHCCS.

The AZ Council of Human Service Providers thinks this will create a frightening future for thousands of families employed in the health care system as some Hospitals may close. It is estimated that approximately 45 thousand people will lose their jobs.
Although this state had some options such as a number of tax credits that could be eliminated such as 'the exemption for country club memberships' the legislature was unwilling to look at the revenue opportunities such as this.

Those who need help for themselves & their children will no longer even be able to get the most basic of services.
Thanks Jan for having a hand in creating more job loss in our state. No cuts in your office though eh?

Old 01-22-2011, 10:32 AM

This new proposal was called 'penny wise & pound foolish' by Dr. Robert Aaronson of Tucson Medical Center who said the Federal Government matches dollar for dollar what the state pays.

This will leave Hospitals & Medical centers without DRs. during a time when we already have a critical shortage of physicians in AZ.

Weren't we told that the penny tax we got would prevent us from cutting medical services to the poor?

Old 01-22-2011, 10:35 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
I am not asking for any of the above. I simply ask to at least live in a state where they have a high risk pool. AZ does not. One either has a LOT of money to pay mega insurance premiums and go broke or one is SOL. Either way, one is SOL.

I don't think those who reside in other states can really understand just how bad it is here. Jan Brewer really IS evil and I am starting to even have some respect for John McCain, which is very scary. Brewer is in a class by herself. Someone said she is the Wicked Witch of the West and she truly is.

Two AZ citizens have died at the hands of Jan's "death panel." I wonder how many more will. If I can help it, I won't be one of them. I'd rather die anywhere else, except TX (but I hear Austin is not so bad).
If you want to live in a state that has a high risk pool, move. Simple, really.

Old 01-22-2011, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
If you want to live in a state that has a high risk pool, move. Simple, really.
To bad you don't get the impact of this......those who have stated many times that children are ALL covered in our country now have to admit that they were wrong......this is about leaving those who are sick & poor to die in our country....you OK with that?

Old 01-22-2011, 01:13 PM

59,083 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
I am sorry that we disagree. I will never be OK with the decisions of a few that allows a certain group of citizens to die because they are sick.
2 have already died & the others surely will without treatment.
This is a death sentence without a trial because of a particular illness.
It sickens me & saddens me to the depths of my being.
I think you are too emotional on this subject. People have been dying for years. That's life. At what point do we as a society say enough is enough.

Please give us the details about the 2 people that have died.

thank you.

Old 01-22-2011, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I think you are too emotional on this subject. People have been dying for years. That's life. At what point do we as a society say enough is enough.

Please give us the details about the 2 people that have died.

thank you.
One of the transplant patients who was at the hospital was sent home because when the hospital tried to verify payment it was denied. The organ was given to someone else who had insurance.
I do not know of the details of the other.

Emotional? Everybody in this country should be as passionate as I am about the value of human life & should never quietly except that fellow Americans should die due to lack of money.
"That's life" should never be the the answer although unfortunately in this country that is the sentiment of many.....until hard times befall them & they possibly find themselves in a position to need some help.
I guess it is the way to get rid of the poor though eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies