Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 10:34 AM

1,377 posts, read 1,054,029 times

Advertisements

The GOP does not ignore the Hispanic population, why do you think the border is open to allow illegal crossings? Sure they talk the talk to confuse their base, but in the end everything stays the same. There was eight years of talk under Bush and nothing was done. It's a US policy to keep the flow going. Neither side will do anything because of the Hispanic vote and Corporations needing cheap labor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2011, 10:41 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitown85 View Post
What are "our" beliefs? Who is "our" to begin with? I assure you my views are more aligned with Hispanic Americans on nearly every issue than me with yours. And no, I am not Hispanic, though I am a member of another minority group.

If by "our" you refer to White Protestant or White Anglo Catholic (non ethnic Catholics as compared to ethnic white Catholics like Italians, Polish), then you are mistaken. White Protestants are no longer the majority in America.

"Our" is now a conglomeration of various ethnicities, religions, and ways of thinking. There is no universal "our" in America anymore.

The Republican win in the House was driven by the Midwest and East Coast, not the South. Also take note that many of the East Coast Republicans are pro choice, pro gay marriage (or civil unions), and generally not pushy on religious issues. The Southern GOP would call them fiscally conservative liberals.
abolutely you know i didn't mean that at all. I am talking about our country and our laws as Americans. Normally when someone brings up the subject of immigration they are talking about the plight of the illegals and that is where my blood boils.

As for no universal "our" anymore, I don't know what planet you have lived on but there has not been this for 100s of years. We are a country of people from all over the world. As someone who has lived all over this country I do not need an education on what type of Republicans live where. I will also add, I live in the south right now and no, not all of the GOP consider the New England REpublicans quite the way you see them, nor are we all Bible Belt and untra right wing. I, for one am fiscally very conservative and socially slightly t the right of center probably but am also leberal on many issues, especially gay rights. Now go preach somewhere else.

Nita

Old 01-15-2011, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
And what beliefs are those?

Republicans already pander to the Hispanic vote. They've been doing it for quite a while. All this talk about how "they are natural Republicans" (which is very patronizing BTW) because they're so "family oriented" (because the rest of us hate our families) is pandering at its finest. Not to mention the VIVA BUSH stickers that were so ubiquitous in the Bush era.

Don't get me wrong. I don't care if Hispanics get pandered to. More power to them. Every other group gets their behinds kissed, so they may as well get in on the fun.
I am referring only to the subject of immigration as normally when this comes up it is in relation to ammesty.

As for hispanics and Republicans pandering, you might have a point. We were very active in the party while living in NM and a huge number of those who were part of our county Republican organization were Hispanics. In fact probably 75% were. By the way, Hispanics are very family oriented as most of us know.

Nita

Old 01-15-2011, 10:48 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Jeb Bush is an idiot. A race pandering idiot.

Why does he assume that "hispanics" can't be concerned about jobs for Americans, border security, better wages, lower taxes just like other normal people? Why does he assume no "hispanics" want their children learning English and that all "hispanics" believe in unlimited illegal immigration by foreign "hispanics"?

Only a racist would believe that certain ethnic or racial groups have issues separate from Americans.

Old 01-15-2011, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post

Why does he assume that "hispanics" can't be concerned about jobs for Americans, border security, better wages, lower taxes just like other normal people? Why does he assume no "hispanics" want their children learning English and that all "hispanics" believe in unlimited illegal immigration by foreign "hispanics"?

Only a racist would believe that certain ethnic or racial groups have issues separate from Americans.
what are you babbling about? Where did you get the idea he believes "all" Hispanics have those views?

Nita

Old 01-20-2011, 01:00 PM

4,023 posts, read 7,374,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I am referring only to the subject of immigration as normally when this comes up it is in relation to ammesty.

As for hispanics and Republicans pandering, you might have a point. We were very active in the party while living in NM and a huge number of those who were part of our county Republican organization were Hispanics. In fact probably 75% were. By the way, Hispanics are very family oriented as most of us know.

Nita
New Mexico is very interesting because Hispanics there are very americanized.They are 44% of this state and GOP won (Susana Martinez governor), so maybe Americanized Hispanics are different of the more recent hispanics.

Old 01-20-2011, 01:04 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
By the way, Hispanics are very family oriented as most of us know.

Nita
And every other ethnic group hates their families? LMAO...WTH does that mean?

Old 01-20-2011, 01:06 PM

4,023 posts, read 7,374,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
And every other ethnic group hates their families? LMAO...WTH does that mean?
African Americans can't be considered as family-friendly, you know that right ? Single mothers aren't very rare for them...And it's very bad for the children.

Old 01-20-2011, 01:08 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post

Idiotic post above.

Jeb is married to a latina. People of hispanic origins make up a significant portion of the population in Florida. There is a real problem in Florida schools with attempting to get non-native populations to speak English in Florida classrooms instead of Spanish, including teachers. Did it ever occure to you that Jeb Bush's comments may actually be based in the experiences he has witnessed first hand in his own state?

Old 01-20-2011, 01:08 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,871,765 times
Most Americans are intelligent enough to ignore Jeb Bush and his son George Bush (Yes there are several idiots in that family with the same name).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies