Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2011, 11:16 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
LOL, like he had a choice. I love it that to get his deal he had to agree to not appear on television. Forever would not be long enoughZ!
7 million over two years without having to do anything. That is a deal I would like to have...Now he will be free to donate some of that money to some liberal groups without being fired. I think he wins. Concast made a bad decision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2011, 11:17 AM

1,869 posts, read 1,093,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
It's a little sad the way you guys can't face reality. You sound like abused spouses in the full throes of Stockholm Syndrome making excuses to the cops.
Huh?

Old 01-22-2011, 11:19 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
CORRECTION: Keith came in second in a 3 boat race. And when the race started, his time slot was a poor third..

The new Republican Comcast owners are what this is about, not ratings..
Are these the same "owners" who contributed to obama and the dems way more than to republicans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
I totally agree. The "New Republican Comcast owners" have silenced a strong and popular liberal voice.
See above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Apparently it was Keith's decision.

Keith Olbermann's Exit -- Secret Deal | TMZ.com
Yeah, sure sounds like dobie's decision.

He was canned, MSNBC was just waiting for the opportunity after the last debacle. Of course, he wants to try and save face in the humiliation of getting thrown in the ditch of the "baby" he helped create.

Old 01-22-2011, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
7 million over two years without having to do anything. That is a deal I would like to have...Now he will be free to donate some of that money to some liberal groups without being fired. I think he wins. Concast made a bad decision.
It's $14 million, $7 million each year for two years.

I find comcast's decision very disturbing. Politically motivated and the country has lost a daily and effective counter to the extremely right wing contingent on FOX news. However, Olbermann countered more than just FOX news. He recently attacked Obama. He named corruption where he saw it, and backed up his views with FACTS.

Old 01-22-2011, 11:21 AM

898 posts, read 827,922 times
Whee! Ding dong, the witch is dead! I laugh in the general direction of the left who don't seem to realize America wants no more of you.

Old 01-22-2011, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Are these the same "owners" who contributed to obama and the dems way more than to republicans?

See above.

Yeah, sure sounds like dobie's decision.

He was canned, MSNBC was just waiting for the opportunity after the last debacle. Of course, he wants to try and save face in the humiliation of getting thrown in the ditch of the "baby" he helped create.
Yes, they are. Money BUYS access. Everybody contributes to BOTH sides.

Don't believe for one second that MSNBC was "waiting" for the opportunity to get rid of Olbermann. The timing of his firing is just too obvious. The comcast deal get final approval and then within less than a week Olbermann is fired.... You may live in a world with no connections, but I don't. Giving money to an opposing political party means nothing. However, having an opposing point of view expressed daily on TV is quite another issue. That sort of thing has a tendency to influence public opinion and VOTES.

Old 01-22-2011, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
It's a little sad the way you guys can't face reality. You sound like abused spouses in the full throes of Stockholm Syndrome making excuses to the cops.
Actually, it's very pathetic from my perspective the way you guys are so deeply deceived.

Old 01-22-2011, 11:28 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,090,222 times
All I want to know is do you think it is too early in the morning for Palin and Beck to break out the champagne?

Old 01-22-2011, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomba View Post
Whee! Ding dong, the witch is dead! I laugh in the general direction of the left who don't seem to realize America wants no more of you.
Ah, yet ANOTHER who believes life in America would be perfect with just ONE POLITICAL PARTY and ONE POINT OF VIEW. Let's see. Where might we find a place like that? Does Cuba ring a bell, folks? LOL How about China? Iran? lmao. You never heard the expression that power corrupts?

Old 01-22-2011, 11:35 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
Ah, yet ANOTHER who believes life in America would be perfect with just ONE POLITICAL PARTY and ONE POINT OF VIEW. Let's see. Where might we find a place like that? Does Cuba ring a bell, folks? LOL How about China? Iran? lmao. You never heard the expression that power corrupts?
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...t-concast.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies