Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 10:28 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
There's no obsession with "stupidfront" here, just the realization that some people will come to this board {including you} and immediately start in with the "look what black people" type of threads, and every thread will attempt to lay everything from jock itch to sperm whales dieing on black people. You don't come out an call anyone a ni33er but you insinuate none the less.
You have come here and labeled "all" black people one or more negative things.

I stated in another thread and I'll restate it to you, those that label "all" people in a particular group to be the same, those are not the ignorant people, you are!!

I live around many different people, socialize and interact with them, thank goodness they are bright enough to look at me and see a {criminal laden black culture} but that's what I get for not living around bigots.
Right on! They constantly talk about blacks as if they're experts. It's so tiresome!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2011, 03:58 PM

99 posts, read 193,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Excellent response, and I agree! They also failed to mention San Francisco, the "bastion" of liberal-ness, and we're pretty diverse... that is, if you don't think Black people are the only non-whites in this country.

Demographics of San Francisco:
* White alone - 367,507 (45.1%)
* Asian alone - 250,627 (30.7%)
* Hispanic - 117,492 (14.4%)
* Black alone - 47,596 (5.8%)
* Two or more races - 23,760 (2.9%)
* Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone - 3,706 (0.5%)
* Other race alone - 2,810 (0.3%)
* American alone - 1,859 (0.2%)

And if you do think only Black people count as "diverse," how about Oakland? Approximately 80% of Oakland residents voted for Obama (and 75% voted for Kerry), and their population is over 27% Black and 25% Hispanic. Then you have our other major city, San Jose, which actually has a larger population than San Francisco... they are heavily Democrat-leaning, and predominantly Hispanic & Asian. Whoops!
Alameda County does not equal Oakland. Oakland is about 10% or even more liberal (as far as voting patterns) than Alameda County. Yes Alameda County voted around 80% for Obama but Oakland voted over 90%. Alameda County voted 57% to legalize recreational marijuana use but Oakland voted 66% for it. Alameda County voted 62% against Prop 8 but Oakland voted around 70% against it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies