Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 06:48 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,207,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetuna View Post
"Palin Can't Win the Presidency"

Neither can Obama. He is one and done.
He may not get the nomination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2011, 06:51 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,619,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I want Palin to win the Republican nomination because it would mean Obama would win. Should Democrats keep telling Republicans that Palin can't win and that they would be idiots to nominate her just because in their world everything Democrats stand for and think is wrong, so therefore they automatically think the opposite?
I honestly don't care. If she blocks any RINO Republicans from gaining the nomination, then her job is done. I don't want some milktoast moderate republican that is really just a democrat-lite getting into office and merely slowing the decline instead of actually fixing it. It's not about the party--it's about the platform. In 4 more years of President Skippy's time in office people will be begging her or another conservative to run.

Old 02-03-2011, 06:57 AM

486 posts, read 984,398 times
Actually,
I'm not a liberal. I'm very moderate and center. But this lady has indeed made a fool of herself! She's not a politician anymore. she's more like a reality TV celebrity. She resigned, and now has her own TV show. So that's not smearing her, that's just saying the truth. I have nothing against her being a celebrity on TV but her as a politician. No thanks.

Even my Republican fiancee thinks she loves to make a fool of herself and he's pretty conservative. So please, don't turn this into oh poor Palin, people and the media are picking on you. If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen! She loves every minute of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
That is a matter of opinion. But thanks for proving my point about the smears.

Why is it though that people never attack her message they just attack her personally.

Old 02-03-2011, 07:08 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I don't want her to run for the same reason. Huckabee/Rubio for 2012!
Here we go with that Rubio stuff again. Another Republican "rising star."

Old 02-03-2011, 07:12 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
If she were elected President I would enjoy watching the catastrophe from Canada.

Old 02-03-2011, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
I honestly don't care. If she blocks any RINO Republicans from gaining the nomination, then her job is done. I don't want some milktoast moderate republican that is really just a democrat-lite getting into office and merely slowing the decline instead of actually fixing it. It's not about the party--it's about the platform. In 4 more years of President Skippy's time in office people will be begging her or another conservative to run.
This is funny. Uh...when is the last time you nominated a Republican who ISN'T milktoast moderate? The following presidents couldn't win the Republican nomination today:

Ike, Nixon, Ford, Reagan, and both Bush's. None of them could win if they actually had to use their record as Republican presidents as a resume. Ike, too liberal and presided over high taxes....AND defended those high taxes as well as social programs. Nixon for obvious reasons, not to mention his price controls. Ford because he's well...Ford. Reagan raised taxes, gave amnesty, and spent like a drunken sailor. The first Bush raised taxes. And GWB doesn't even need an explanation.

"Begging her or another conservative to run?" LOL...you guys don't elect conservatives. Get real.

Old 02-03-2011, 07:29 AM

486 posts, read 984,398 times
No brainwash here. Like I said before I'm not left, I'm center.
Anyone with two eyes and ears that hears this woman open her mouth can conclude, she's an attention wh*re! She loves the spotlight and does whatever it takes to be in it. Including, but not limited to, making herself look like a fool. That has nothing to do with teachers or world events that is simply how I see it.
PS I didn't do most of my elementary schooling in this country so I wasn't brainwashed by the so-called left leaning teachers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
Because they've been brainwashed since elementary school by the left leaning teachers they had, backed up by a biased media, who doesn't report the true and accurate happenings of this country, never mind the world.

Old 02-03-2011, 07:31 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,619,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
This is funny. Uh...when is the last time you nominated a Republican who ISN'T milktoast moderate? The following presidents couldn't win the Republican nomination today:

Ike, Nixon, Ford, Reagan, and both Bush's. None of them could win if they actually had to use their record as Republican presidents as a resume. Ike, too liberal and presided over high taxes....AND defended those high taxes as well as social programs. Nixon for obvious reasons, not to mention his price controls. Ford because he's well...Ford. Reagan raised taxes, gave amnesty, and spent like a drunken sailor. The first Bush raised taxes. And GWB doesn't even need an explanation.

"Begging her or another conservative to run?" LOL...you guys don't elect conservatives. Get real.
That's my point, actually. I'm sick of voting for democrat-lite candidates. I hope with the rise of the Tea Party that the country will FINALLY realize that we are in for some serious financial problems in this country if we don't stop the spending.

Old 02-03-2011, 07:31 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,356,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
As a conservative, I do not want Sarah Palin as President.
I do not want her to run and I have said that to her face.

Old 02-03-2011, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
That's my point, actually. I'm sick of voting for democrat-lite candidates. I hope with the rise of the Tea Party that the country will FINALLY realize that we are in for some serious financial problems in this country if we don't stop the spending.
Tigers don't change stripes. You've been electing moderate Republicans for years, and you've done so because they're electable. This is a moderate country....we're not going to elect Jeff "Beauregard" Sessions for president. LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies