Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 10:04 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,207,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Similarly, I would like Chairman Mao to win the democratic nomination, as it would ensure a republican win.
He's been dead (thankfully) for almost 40 years now. That might pose an even bigger problem than being born in Kenya. You could always try a write-in campaign though...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2011, 05:55 AM

1,935 posts, read 1,826,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Her Politics??????????????????

The left would be scared of her if she

(1) Had a Brain

(2) knew what she was talking about

(3) was a viable threat

Alas she is or has any of the above
Don't forget to speak coherently.

Old 02-07-2011, 06:16 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,863,405 times
She can always fall back on the fear pity. It may help her.

44 - Palin event canceled due to 'an onslaught of personal attacks'

Old 02-07-2011, 06:43 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
You get my vote for City Data's Most Brilliant Postor of the Century Award (even though the 21st Century hasn't ended yet).

I don't really understand the liberal obsession with Palin, but I guess in retrospect, Palin is the only thing liberals have. At least it keeps the focus off of Obama and the horrid job he's doing.
Let me ask this, if the Left had someone that had lost in the last election, quit their job as governor of their state and then went on to making political speeches, putting out books, attacked the right at every opportunity and had a fan club that wanted them to run for President would you talk about them? I am sure the answer is of course not, we would never attack someone that attacks us. That said, Palin did take some attacks during the tragic event in AZ which went too far. The rest of the critical comments are based on what she says and does and are well deserved. Plain seems to either not understand that when you place yourself in the spotlight, which she does on a regular bases, that you would have people commenting on your words and actions, or she knows quite well and just plays the victim to gain even more support. Say what you will but she WILL make a run in 2012 everyone knows it. The problem for the GOP is how to get her to drop out early and not run as an Independent, if they cannot manage to do that she will doom the OP chances of taking back the Whitehouse and probably hurt them across the board in the House and Senate elections. Palin serves the purposes of the GOP by getting more right-wingers out to vote but she can turn into a major headache for the GOP if she is not willing to step out of the way for another more viable candidate, which is the most likely scenario since she seems to actually think she is more popular than she really is. To win the Whitehouse a candidate must win over many Independent voters along with their Party faithful and that is something Palin cannot do. Right now all she can do is play spoiler for the GOP, which might actually be her plan, if they do not pick her she can punish them for it and at the same time give her four more years to make money off whining about a Dem in the Whitehouse. As many of us already suspect or know, Palin is about Palin and of course the money and attention she can get in the process. Personally I hope she does the right thing and lets us vote beween two qualified candidates, I just don't think she can help herself and will insist on making a run.
Casper

Old 02-07-2011, 07:23 AM

1,422 posts, read 2,304,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Let me ask this, if the Left had someone that had lost in the last election, quit their job as governor of their state and then went on to making political speeches, putting out books, attacked the right at every opportunity and had a fan club that wanted them to run for President would you talk about them? I am sure the answer is of course not, we would never attack someone that attacks us. That said, Palin did take some attacks during the tragic event in AZ which went too far. The rest of the critical comments are based on what she says and does and are well deserved. Palin seems to either not understand that when you place yourself in the spotlight, which she does on a regular bases, that you would have people commenting on your words and actions, or she knows quite well and just plays the victim to gain even more support. Yes - she just can't put herself out there enough but then whinges about invasion of her privacy - after signing up for a reality show - absolutely pathetic. And grossly hypocritical. Say what you will but she WILL make a run in 2012 everyone knows it. The problem for the GOP is how to get her to drop out early and not run as an Independent, if they cannot manage to do that she will doom the OP chances of taking back the Whitehouse and probably hurt them across the board in the House and Senate elections. Palin serves the purposes of the GOP by getting more right-wingers out to vote but she can turn into a major headache for the GOP if she is not willing to step out of the way for another more viable candidate, which is the most likely scenario since she seems to actually think she is more popular than she really is. Agreed. It's all about her. She doesn't give a fig about "real" politics or about the parties she claims to be "supporting". She'll screw it up wholesale for whoever she attaches herself to.To win the Whitehouse a candidate must win over many Independent voters along with their Party faithful and that is something Palin cannot do. Right now all she can do is play spoiler for the GOP, which might actually be her plan, if they do not pick her she can punish them for it and at the same time give her four more years to make money off whining about a Dem in the Whitehouse. As many of us already suspect or know, Palin is about Palin and of course the money and attention she can get in the process. Personally I hope she does the right thing and lets us vote beween two qualified candidates, I just don't think she can help herself and will insist on making a run. I'm not convinced she actually wants to run but I completely agree with your opinion on her personal agenda. She is not remotely interested in letting the GOP or the Tea Party field a viable candidate - she just can't get enough of herself and will milk those parties for everything she can for her own personal gain.
Casper
Well said Casper.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:39 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,446,125 times
Lightbulb Palin Can't Win the Presidency

Which is why she's concentrating on becoming Ann Coulter.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:53 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
While I am no fan of Ann I seriously doubt Palin is in her league. Plain would have to do a whole lot of studying and some classes in writing wouldn't hurt either. She seems to be more geared towards having her own talk show but I doubt she could handle any sort of debates so it would have to be a closed and scripted show. Even with all her failings she will still make Millions, there are always loons from the farside that will absolutely Love her, no matter her many faults, idol worship has that affect on the weak of mind.
Casper

Old 02-07-2011, 12:36 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,471,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I want Palin to win the Republican nomination because it would mean Obama would win. Should Democrats keep telling Republicans that Palin can't win and that they would be idiots to nominate her just because in their world everything Democrats stand for and think is wrong, so therefore they automatically think the opposite?
I don't even think she'll run anymore, she's low in the polls for the GOP nod.

Old 02-07-2011, 12:37 PM

1,811 posts, read 1,210,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
She is taking all the left's BS for a reason, and it isn't for herself, per se. You'll find out, but it will be too late.

Old 02-07-2011, 12:37 PM

545 posts, read 400,574 times
I am pretty right wing, a borderline anarchist....and I can't find the "obsession" with Pailn....Like I said in other posts, I don't have a real opinion of her, I am indifferent and I find her boring most of the time....so whats the deal lefties?

I mean, I frequent right-wing blogs and news sites and they don't have anywhere near the coverage of Palin as the left does....the only time they really report is when they are reporting stories of attacks on Palin made by the left...other then that, they don't have much to say....so from what I can see the left is far more interested in Palin then the right...why?...I mean whats the deal?

Some say she is "comical"....really?...I don't see a whole lot of humor from the left when they talk about her...."I can see Russia from my house.....see, that dumb b*tch, nasty redneck etc, etc"....yeah, when I find things "comical"...I laugh...I don't go off on hateful and insulting rants...

One minute they say they can't stand the fact that someone like her is so close to the WH...so they have to go after her to make sure that doesn't happen..the next minute they say she can't possibly win because she doesn't have the votes....the next they want her to run to ensure Obama win a second term, etc, etc....all the while claiming they are not "obsessed" and she is completely "unimportant".

Liberals, lets use that "superior intellect" you people seem to brag about:
Can't the dems and Obama stand on their policies and record to win his second term?..why do they need Palin?..."Look, I might not be the best around but at least I'm not Palin, so Vote for me"...the lesser of two evils?...can't we do better then that...

And ask yourself, do you even want to Vote for Obama again?...are you satisfied with your current vote?...or do you just hate Palin so much that none of that matters?...is voting party line that important?

.why do i see on these boards that people talk about polls, swing states, who could get the independent vote, the "black, gay, whatever" vote.........why don't you people talk about the issues that affect everyday people?......

For example, The Health Care Bill...countless waivers have been giving out by the Obama administration to some of his biggest supporters...so why do the average liberal argue to no end for this bill while those at the very top of the liberal "elite" exempts themselves from it?....why must you follow this law, but the actually law-makers and their cronies don't?....haven't you people thought of that?....but here you are, arguing non-stop for this bill....for what? ..just so you can have a "win" over the republicans?...is "winning" that important?

Last edited by EricGold; 02-07-2011 at 12:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies