Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 04:15 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,894,387 times

Advertisements

If they are going to spoend money then print the results for thsoe who paid for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2011, 06:42 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,290,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
How many threads on this are you planning on starting?

From your OTHER thread

I'm confused...

The CDC's website lists the Abortion Surveillance Systems data here:

CDC - Data and Statistics - Reproductive Health

CDC - Data and Statistics - Reproductive Health

To date, the data ends in 2005 with a notice that the next up date will be the stats for 2007 which will be posted on February 25, 2011.

So what am I missing here?
[+] Rate this post positively
I posted another thread with a link. Also, I asked one specific mod to delete this one since I failed to put the link on it.

You have been doing some real looking, I see. According to my man this report has always been published in the last week in NOvember or the first week in December for 40 years and all of a sudden it didn't show up. The blog called and called and got no report from them but once they put the lack of this thing on the blog it took 2 hours for them to call and tell them that the report would soon be reported. At first they refused to answer telephone calls and more or less said to not get excited since they wouldn't be reporting the number of abortions in the nation according to Guttman or whatever that group that fails pretty severely is named.

Check the links on the other thread to see what I think is going on.

Old 02-04-2011, 06:44 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,290,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Again,

When the federal government cuts a needless study to save money, everyone cries foul.

Ugh.
Sorry the federal government reports what that other group reports and in this case it is abortions and I don't think that CDC intended to publish it this year after never failing for 40 years. It is true that the year to be reported now that they have been forced to do the annual report is for 2007, not any of Obama's years.

Old 02-04-2011, 06:51 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,193,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Again,

When the federal government cuts a needless study to save money, everyone cries foul.

Ugh.
Again...got a link making this statement?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies