Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 03:03 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,290,033 times

Advertisements

For 40 years the CDC has posted numbers about the number of abortions in the US in either the last week in November or the first week of December. This year the report didn't show up and a blog has pushed them to get something done about it. Even Congressmen are after them to turn out the report and I can't wait to see the outcome of this one.

Here are two links that tell too much about this story. Anyone who really cares about bureaucratic coverups must read them.

Obama Administration Covering Up Abortion Data *Updated* | RedState

http://www.redstate.com/rs_insider/2...llance-report/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2011, 03:09 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,953,749 times
Quote:
UPDATE: Congresswoman Vicky Hartzler (MO-4) has provided RedState with the following statement:
“This is the epitome of hypocrisy being exhibited by the Obama Administration as it hides facts and figures on abortion while claiming to want more transparency in government. This is a pattern that has become all too common with the Obama Administration, ranging from its distortion of the facts on taxpayer funding of abortions under ObamaCare to manipulated information to support repeal of the military’s Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell policy. It is time for the Obama White House to put a stop to its disregard for openness in government and to end its practice of distorting data for blatantly political purposes.”
Another Freshman Conservative Rep. making waves!

Old 02-04-2011, 03:17 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,172,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
For 40 years the CDC has posted numbers about the number of abortions in the US in either the last week in November or the first week of December. This year the report didn't show up and a blog has pushed them to get something done about it. Even Congressmen are after them to turn out the report and I can't wait to see the outcome of this one.

Here are two links that tell too much about this story. Anyone who really cares about bureaucratic coverups must read them.

Obama Administration Covering Up Abortion Data *Updated* | RedState

Congress Responds to CDC’s Decision to Deep-Six Abortion Surveillance Report | RedState
Wow, that opening quote in the link could be the subject of a thread all by itself.

Quote:
Let’s be clear: promoting science isn’t just about providing resources – it is also about protecting free and open inquiry. It is about letting scientists … do their jobs, free from manipulation or coercion, and listening to what they tell us, even when it’s inconvenient – especially when it’s inconvenient. It is about ensuring that scientific data is never distorted or concealed to serve a political agenda – and that we make scientific decisions based on facts, not ideology.

-President Obama, March 9, 2009.
..and he even emphasized the importance of the quote with his double barrel "I'm not kidding" phrase.

Old 02-04-2011, 03:20 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,306,705 times
Transparency in government?

Old 02-04-2011, 03:24 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,953,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Transparency in government?
Obama promised, don't you remember?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU0m6Rxm9vU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXWTd...eature=related

Old 02-04-2011, 03:25 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,403,011 times
We're trying to cut back on government spending, and reports like this cost money.

Abortion is a personal choice, and it shouldn't matter to you, me, or anyone else how many are being conducted.

It never fails to amaze me that the people who scream about cutting spending, fiscal responsibility, and government waste freak out when the government cuts out a report.

Old 02-04-2011, 03:27 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,193,417 times
I am more interested in why the data has not been released, what is there to hide? It is legal so why not report?

Old 02-04-2011, 03:29 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,193,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
We're trying to cut back on government spending, and reports like this cost money.
Do you have a link to this information stating it is a cost cutting plan?

Old 02-04-2011, 03:29 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post

Abortion is a personal choice, and it shouldn't matter to you, me, or anyone else how many are being conducted.

It never fails to amaze me that the people who scream about cutting spending, fiscal responsibility, and government waste freak out when the government cuts out a report.
That would be OK if they came out and said that.
But the CDC didn't provide any answers to anyone.

Should everyone just ASSume they are cutting back ?
And if so how many jobs aren't needed anymore ?

Sheeple ASSume and then forget..don't be a sheeple.

Old 02-04-2011, 03:47 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,070,009 times
I'm confused...

The CDC's website lists the Abortion Surveillance Systems data here:

CDC - Data and Statistics - Reproductive Health

To date, the data ends in 2005 with a notice that the next up date will be the stats for 2007 which will be posted on February 25, 2011.

So what am I missing here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies