Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2012, 10:44 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,508,022 times

Advertisements

"Who's your favorite ex-druggie or current drug addict? "

Former President "W" Bush.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2012, 10:49 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,272,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post

And I don't see they hypocrisy. Rush was referring to illegal drugs... drug dealers who sell illegal drugs.
Um.....I'm pretty sure that when you acquire legal drugs illegally (as Rush was doing), then they become illegal. Or at least having them in your possession if you don't have a prescription for them is illegal. As in a crime.

Either way - he broke the law.

As do millions of other people who actually end up in (gasp!) prison.

Old 04-06-2012, 10:58 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,961,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post
Please. Anyone who takes pills KNOWS they can be addictive. LAME excuse. "I didn't know" is a bunch of BS.
You must've never seen someone become addicted to pills when pain is involved. Don't speak what you don't know. I've personally seen this and yes it happens and it takes someone that cares to confront the doctor to go another route. Pain is not easy to control and most people will do what ever it takes to make it go away.

Old 04-06-2012, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I'm sure you have an informative link to back up the bolded.
BTW, if you cant understand what Keith says, you dont really get rock.
Sorry.
He had back surgery that went wrong and that's what started the pain pill addiction, are you suggesting he was self prescribing??

Sorry probably get rock more than you!!! Yeah right, I'm sure you understand his every slur!!! I'm more of a fan of Mick!!

Old 04-06-2012, 11:05 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,272,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Pain is not easy to control and most people will do what ever it takes to make it go away.
Yes, including doctor shopping and sending your housekeeper out to "score" for you.

Of course, not everyone suffering from pain can afford to go to any number of doctors to get as many prescriptions as possible, nor do most people suffering from pain have housekeepers they can send out to buy from street dealers - the same dealers Rush was saying should get the death penalty.

And, of course, those people suffering from pain who get busted having pain pills they didn't have prescriptions for almost always end up in prison - because they're not rich fat white guys.

Old 04-06-2012, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Yes, including doctor shopping and sending your housekeeper out to "score" for you.

Of course, not everyone suffering from pain can afford to go to any number of doctors to get as many prescriptions as possible, nor do most people suffering from pain have housekeepers they can send out to buy from street dealers - the same dealers Rush was saying should get the death penalty.

And, of course, those people suffering from pain who get busted having pain pills they didn't have prescriptions for almost always end up in prison - because they're not rich fat white guys.
Actually, doctor shopping was never proved!! What does this say about the "housekeeper"

He did have a prescription.......I'm not saying what he did was right, but it's the same as Whitney Huston and addiction is an addiction and some get cured and some die. The biggest difference between the two Limbaugh's friends claim they never knew, Huston all of her friends knew.

By the way, he had been in rehab twice before he got caught. If you've never seen normal people become addicted to pain medication, you've really never seen a person in extreme pain. Back pain is one of the leading causes of suicide.
Chronic Low Back Pain and Suicide

Old 04-06-2012, 11:33 PM

24,517 posts, read 33,360,147 times
Quote:
Actually, doctor shopping was never proved!! What does this say about the "housekeeper"

He did have a prescription.......I'm not saying what he did was right, but it's the same as Whitney Huston and addiction is an addiction and some get cured and some die. The biggest difference between the two Limbaugh's friends claim they never knew, Huston all of her friends knew.

By the way, he had been in rehab twice before he got caught. If you've never seen normal people become addicted to pain medication, you've really never seen a person in extreme pain. Back pain is one of the leading causes of suicide.
Chronic Low Back Pain and Suicide
They are anti-Rush so don't be surprised at what they say.

You think they would congratulate him for beating an addiction... an involuntary addiction. They would if he was a Democrat!

Old 04-06-2012, 11:34 PM

24,517 posts, read 33,360,147 times
Quote:
You must've never seen someone become addicted to pills when pain is involved. Don't speak what you don't know. I've personally seen this and yes it happens and it takes someone that cares to confront the doctor to go another route. Pain is not easy to control and most people will do what ever it takes to make it go away.
Exactly.

Old 04-06-2012, 11:57 PM

2,160 posts, read 1,959,109 times
Edgar Allan Poe

Old 04-06-2012, 11:58 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,079,932 times
Jim Morrison

One of the coolest bands ever, led by Morrison, never put out a song I didn't love
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies