Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 06:34 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,095,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
What happened to Rush (becoming addicted to a prescription drug) has happened to many, many other people.

Here is a portion of a letter which was printed in a local newspaper a few weeks ago:
"At the age of 19 my son, who shunned drug use, injured his back and was given Oxycontin by a doctor; he became seriously addicted. He lost his job, became a thief to support his habit, was eventually homeless and ended up in the emergency room after an overdose.

Many people do not know that opiate addicts become heroin addicts when they cannot get their pills.

I contacted his doctor and told him that my son was taking a potentially lethal combination of pills. The doctor said writing my son prescriptions was perfectly legal and that the addiction was not his problem..."

Nothing really to grin about, is there?
My dear, I am the daughter of an RPh, I grew up in a drug store....ironically, only 60 miles north of where Rush grew up.
Anyway, my point is this, you cannot tell me anything I have not seen with my own eyes about the frailty of the human condition.
I've seen much worse than you can imagine drag itself into our store, and watched my parents deliver mercy and compassion, not to mention taking folks that really needed it to rehab 60 miles away in St Louis countless times, and then finding ways to help people pay for it, or, more than once, pay for it themselves, or with the help of all the medical folks in our tiny town.
I'm sorry, but an addict like Rush has choices.
The folks that I speak of didnt.
I hope your son has gotten straight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2012, 06:40 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,976,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I thought the excuse for Rush was because pills are legal?
No the pills were addictive..........something his doc failed to tell him!!

Mine would be Keith Richards, now if I could just understand him when he speaks That's okay I just like to hear him play guitar. Old rockers are the best!!

Old 04-06-2012, 06:41 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,396,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post

Mine would be Keith Richards, now if I could just understand him when he speaks That's okay I just like to hear him play guitar. Old rockers are the best!!
Please. Anyone who takes pills KNOWS they can be addictive. LAME excuse. "I didn't know" is a bunch of BS.

Old 04-06-2012, 06:46 PM

27,741 posts, read 16,250,450 times
big farm loves a druggie

The Pusher - YouTube

Old 04-06-2012, 06:53 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,138,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
big farm loves a druggie
Back in the day, we made our own.

Old 04-06-2012, 06:59 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,168,644 times
Jim Morrison and Keith Richards

Old 04-06-2012, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post

I'm sure you have an informative link to back up the bolded.
BTW, if you cant understand what Keith says, you dont really get rock.
Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post
Please. Anyone who takes pills KNOWS they can be addictive. LAME excuse. "I didn't know" is a bunch of BS.
This.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:11 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,168,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I'm sure you have an informative link to back up the bolded.
BTW, if you cant understand what Keith says, you dont really get rock.
Sorry.

This.
If Limbaugh really claims that he didn't know opiates were addictive, he is dumber than his audience.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
If Limbaugh really claims that he didn't know opiates were addictive, he is dumber than his audience.
Exactly!

Old 04-06-2012, 07:17 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,396,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
Since half of his audience needs an adult to tie their shoes, that's really saying something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies