Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2012, 12:56 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Which also happens to a lot of other people.

Not defending him; just posting some facts.
But you do agree that he did get addicted only because of back pain? And you do realize the difference between taking drugs by choice and taking them to treat an illness?
I have not seen his chart, so I cannot say whether he got addicted or not solely due to back pain.
I can say this with some authority, he had enough money to avail himself to the best pain clinics.
But, he failed to do that didnt he?
Hence, the fabled stories of pills littering the manicured lawn of his Palm Beach estate.
-sic-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2012, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Actually, doctor shopping was never proved!! What does this say about the "housekeeper"

He did have a prescription.......I'm not saying what he did was right, but it's the same as Whitney Huston and addiction is an addiction and some get cured and some die. The biggest difference between the two Limbaugh's friends claim they never knew, Huston all of her friends knew.

By the way, he had been in rehab twice before he got caught. If you've never seen normal people become addicted to pain medication, you've really never seen a person in extreme pain. Back pain is one of the leading causes of suicide.
Chronic Low Back Pain and Suicide
Yeah, he had a scrip.....from how many docs?
Your defense of his addiction is just pathetic.
Really.

Old 04-07-2012, 01:00 AM

30,354 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Amy Whinehouse, only because I'm shocked that she's still breathing.
Well, that's kinda sad and ironic to read now... not that anyone was surprised when she died, but still.

Old 04-07-2012, 01:04 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I have not seen his chart, so I cannot say whether he got addicted or not solely due to back pain.
I can say this with some authority, he had enough money to avail himself to the best pain clinics.
But, he failed to do that didnt he?
Hence, the fabled stories of pills littering the manicured lawn of his Palm Beach estate.
-sic-
As I said, would you say the same thing if he was a liberal Democrat?

If you haven't seen his chart, why are you making allegations?

Even the best pain clinics can only do so much. He didn't fail to control the pain; sometimes it can't be controlled. But because he's Rush, you won't cut him any slack, right?

Old 04-07-2012, 01:07 AM

Quote:
They are anti-Rush so don't be surprised at what they say.

You think they would congratulate him for beating an addiction... an involuntary addiction. They would if he was a Democrat!
Every addiction is involuntary, unless you believe people start out thinking "this will be fun getting addicted to drugs!!" And it doesn't matter if the drug of choice is prescription from a doctor, or bought off the streets... they're still drugs, and every semi-intelligent person knows Rx pills can be even more addictive & deadly than street drugs. I turn down pain meds for a reason, as my medical marijuana does the job better and with fewer side effects. And given my addictive tendencies, I have the foresight to realize accepting something like Oxy could send me down a dangerous path. Rush is smart enough to know this too, and could have either sought natural (or non-narcotic) alternatives or requested strict control/monitoring.

I forget the exact words he used, but Dr. Phil was discussing pill addiction on his show the other day (I swear I'm not a regular viewer - it was like 3am with nothing good on my DVR, hehe). He said something along the lines of "the minute you start 'shopping' for doctors to obtain your pills, you are NO BETTER than somebody who walks the streets looking for crack dealers." He's not always my favorite person, but those were some fairly profound words right there.

Old 04-07-2012, 01:10 AM

Quote:
As I said, would you say the same thing if he was a liberal Democrat?

If you haven't seen his chart, why are you making allegations?

Even the best pain clinics can only do so much. He didn't fail to control the pain; sometimes it can't be controlled. But because he's Rush, you won't cut him any slack, right?
You obviously have no medical background.
Charts make no declinations as to ones political affiliation.
I wouldnt really care if he was the dogcatcher, he screwed the pooch with the pill shopping thing.
The only one making this political would be you.
Hmmmm.
Get over it.

Old 04-07-2012, 01:11 AM

P.S. I would say (and have said) the same exact thing as above if he were a Democrat... so please don't try to think/speak for others, as some of us are able to analyze this topic without obsessing over party affiliations.

Old 04-07-2012, 02:17 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,074,793 times
Quote:

And I don't see they hypocrisy. Rush was referring to illegal drugs... drug dealers who sell illegal drugs.

NO, he said ADDICTS should be locked up for life or executed, all while he was one of those addicts.

It is moot anyway, in his case they were illegal drugs since they were illegally obtained.

He wasn't just a little addicted, but big time addicted, he was taking enough pills to kill most people and enough to destroy his hearing, requiring Cochlear implants.

Old 04-07-2012, 02:28 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
NO, he said ADDICTS should be locked up for life or executed, all while he was one of those addicts.

It is moot anyway, in his case they were illegal drugs since they were illegally obtained.

He wasn't just a little addicted, but big time addicted, he was taking enough pills to kill most people and enough to destroy his hearing, requiring Cochlear implants.
When he said it (years ago) he was referring to drug dealers of ILLEGAL drugs. Drugs illegally obtained are much different from an illegal drug.

The other person I outlined also was big time addicted; what's your point? You do know why Rush became addicted right? Do you praise the fact that he did get treated for it? Do you agree that it is better to seek treatment than to do nothing about it? Do you agree that many, many people from all walks of life get addicted to Oxycontin?

Old 04-07-2012, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
He did have a prescription.......I'm not saying what he did was right, but it's the same as Whitney Huston and addiction is an addiction and some get cured and some die. The biggest difference between the two Limbaugh's friends claim they never knew, Huston all of her friends knew.
How does that make any difference? Obviously Whitney's friends weren't able to stop her, so whether or not Rush's friends & family knew (I'm sure they did) has little relevance.

Quote:
By the way, he had been in rehab twice before he got caught. If you've never seen normal people become addicted to pain medication, you've really never seen a person in extreme pain. Back pain is one of the leading causes of suicide.
Chronic Low Back Pain and Suicide
I suffer from chronic back problems myself, and manage the pain with marijuana alone... maybe a Tylenol or Advil if it gets really bad. I understand some people need a stronger level of pain control, but they do have non-narcotic alternatives or strict monitoring for addicts. That's what they typically suggest for recovering addicts suffering from pain, and Rush could have requested help once he realized it was a problem. I'm not judging him, as I'm the last person to judge when it comes to this subject - just saying that your excuses for him are feeble & ill-informed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies