Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2011, 06:46 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,531,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
The people who insulted the OP deserve to be deported as far as I'm concerned.
Deserve to be deported!!! Oh my!

And where might I ask would you like to "deport" them to? Where would they go?

You want to expel them from the country for exercising their right of free speech?

This seems like quite an over reaction and quite a severe punishment for voicing of an opinion.

Are you against freedom of speech now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2011, 06:54 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,668,826 times
You can't have both freedom and laws.

Old 02-13-2011, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
You can't have both freedom and laws.
So you believe in anarchy?
You want our country to be devoid of all laws? This is your definition of freedom?

I am a law abiding citizen and I feel quite free. If I didn't follow the law of the land I might end up behind bars. I wouldn't feel free at all there. I would rather follow the laws and be able to go about my business and travel about the country within the parameters we have all agreed upon.

Old 02-13-2011, 07:51 AM

Yes, laws are a restriction on real freedom.

The fact that you feel constrained to follow them or risk being incarcerated is proof enough. You should do as you like without repercussions.

Old 02-13-2011, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Yes, laws are a restriction on real freedom.
So you want anarchy?

Old 02-13-2011, 07:53 AM

Yes. Anarchy is the only real freedom.

How many times need I say it?

Old 02-13-2011, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Yes. Anarchy is the only real freedom.

How many times need I say it?
Just once actually. Which you failed to do until now. I was just clarifying.
And no, I don't obey laws because I fear incarceration. But as a free-spirited freedom loving person I do take heed to the laws of the land.

I in fact help make laws so I feed connected to my country. I vote and take part in the democratic process.

We needs some laws as a civilized society. YOu want people to be able to rob and steal and take what is not theirs and come into your home at night?

Old 02-13-2011, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Just once actually. Which you failed to do until now. I was just clarifying.
And no, I don't obey laws because I fear incarceration. But as a free-spirited freedom loving person I do take heed to the laws of the land.

I in fact help make laws so I feed connected to my country. I vote and take part in the democratic process.

We needs some laws as a civilized society. YOu want people to be able to rob and steal and take what is not theirs and come into your home at night?
I've said "yes" a few times. And "freedom from government", which I advocated, is generally accepted as a definition for "anarchy".

I don't value society. What keeps people from doing those things to me? Not laws, people who would do that wouldn't obey any laws anyhow. What keeps them from doing it to me...is ME. You only have such rights as you can personally defend.

Your belief in the "democratic process" is laughable, you don't have any real power.

Old 02-13-2011, 08:15 AM

Quote:
I've said "yes" a few times. And "freedom from government", which I advocated, is generally accepted as a definition for "anarchy".

I don't value society. What keeps people from doing those things to me? Not laws, people who would do that wouldn't obey any laws anyhow. What keeps them from doing it to me...is ME. You only have such rights as you can personally defend.

Your belief in the "democratic process" is laughable, you don't have any real power.
Well if is obvious that you feel powerless.
I do value society. You might have a moral compass that keeps you from engaging in harmful activities in society but not everyone does.

We need laws if we are indeed going to live side by side with others. This is obvious.
You can't have it both ways. You can live on 100 acres and be alone, grow your own food and be self sustaining. However if you want to engage in trade and help others we need laws. Simple.
You may not want to admit this but you are dependent on other people in the society we live in.

Old 02-13-2011, 08:45 AM

No, we don't.

We can simply mind our own business. If someone interferes with our ability to live our lives, we remove the threat. But as long as they are minding their own business, they would not threaten us.

I choose to live a life without other people in it. I have NO desire to see anyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies