Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2011, 09:55 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times

Advertisements

Laws and prisons make the elite money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Yes. Anarchy is the only real freedom.

How many times need I say it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2011, 10:28 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
It is equally a crime for a rich man or poor man to steal a crust of bread or sleep on the sidewalk...

Old 02-13-2011, 10:39 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,530,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
No, we don't.
We can simply mind our own business. If someone interferes with our ability to live our lives, we remove the threat. But as long as they are minding their own business, they would not threaten us.
I choose to live a life without other people in it. I have NO desire to see anyone else.
Yes. I have seen you make the same statement in other posts regarding choosing to live without other people, yet here you are again interacting with we, the dreaded people, on a discussion forum. And don't get me wrong I'm glad you are.

But unless you area hermit and self sustaining, or Ted Kacynsky I think it would be near impossible in todays world.
Thus we do need laws in a civilized society.

Old 02-13-2011, 10:47 AM

341 posts, read 641,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DasDinganSich View Post
We are run by corporations and theocratic lunatics. We complain about government interference but some don't hesitate to push agendas with subtle religious morality attached. We are also brainwashed to obey anyone wearing a military uniform. It is impossible to question any military action in this country, even if it is just mindless murder like in Iraq.

I for one am getting out of here as soon as I graduate with a degree.
First ask people what "democracy" is...if they know...

Old 02-13-2011, 12:30 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Yes. I have seen you make the same statement in other posts regarding choosing to live without other people, yet here you are again interacting with we, the dreaded people, on a discussion forum. And don't get me wrong I'm glad you are.

But unless you area hermit and self sustaining, or Ted Kacynsky I think it would be near impossible in todays world.
Thus we do need laws in a civilized society.

You might as well not exist, if you're on the Internet. Nothing more than words on a screen. I can type words to myself, and often do. Very solipsistic.

Also, I can simply turn you off at the end of the day, and you have no impact on me. I don't let people have much impact on me at all, but I have had to hit people before....

By the way, there are too many people on the planet, consider the directive of the Georgia Guidestones for a more appropriate world population.

Old 02-13-2011, 01:05 PM

155 posts, read 146,665 times
Wow I go away for a few days and this thread is still alive.

Anyways a few more things I want to add. If this is a free country why can't gay people get married?

I mean I am by no means gay but I know people who are and they are very friendly people who just want to be treated normal. The fact every time they express their freedom of speech, right winged lunatics call it a "conspiracy" and "forcing their kids to be gay." It makes me sick.

This country is only free if you see your personal agenda pushed on others.

Old 02-13-2011, 01:11 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,530,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DasDinganSich View Post
Wow I go away for a few days and this thread is still alive.
Anyways a few more things I want to add. If this is a free country why can't gay people get married?
I mean I am by no means gay but I know people who are and they are very friendly people who just want to be treated normal. The fact every time they express their freedom of speech, right winged lunatics call it a "conspiracy" and "forcing their kids to be gay." It makes me sick.
This country is only free if you see your personal agenda pushed on others.
Gay marriage is waay off topic.

Go see the other 2,000 threads on this topic though if you have an urge to debate it.

In fact I believe the poster AnAnonymousMale just started another one of his many gay-themed posts, this one (you might like) is something about marrying a robot!

Old 02-13-2011, 02:43 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
One thing that stood out that this soldier said, which rings true is this:

I know I have more in common with an Iraqi family than I do with the monsters running this country and the mega corps and banks that deal with them.
Will you be moving to the Middle East any time soon? You may find some of the racism you blame Americans for.

Old 02-13-2011, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
How many Native Americans do you know? Are you aware of their proud tradition of service in the US armed forces?
I live next door to an old Indian man who is very proud of his service in the Army of the US during WW II and have never heard him say a bad word about the 19th century Indian wars.

Old 02-13-2011, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtornado View Post
If this country is so free, let me make a call or email (which can be tracked now by the government).. Try to get some marijuana for a chronic pain condition, marry if I am gay, broadcast some 4 letter words over the air on broadcast (yet this can be heard on any cable station or internet site), enlist in the draft, even if the wars are something I totally oppose, have cops set up DUI points all over a town to cash in instead of work to find people who murder others... Is that enough examples??
I guess we aren't nearly as free as people as I thought. I also guess that you need to get yourself to another country that you would have more freedom in.

I love seeing people talk about the police arresting DUIs before they can kill others plying their freedoms to drink themselves into that state. Freedoms sometime belong to other people on the road and the DUIs deserve to spend some time in jail before they do kill someone. Also, I see that you don't agree with our laws about using certain other drugs but medical people keep saying that judgement is affected by marijuana, also. I don't think you understand that freedom is not anarchy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies