Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2011, 04:49 PM

155 posts, read 146,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangrui View Post
According to you, those are not fre countries, since you can't gays can't get married in them. Vermont is much more free than any of them, according to your criteria, and you don't even need to change citizenship.
Actually I am just moving because I prefer the culture and lifestyle more. I just like to bash the USA a lot because the right wingers get so upset.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2011, 04:53 PM

866 posts, read 1,560,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DasDinganSich View Post
Actually I am just moving because I prefer the culture and lifestyle more. I just like to bash the USA a lot because the right wingers get so upset.
I can understand preceding another countries culture, I've already said that I plan to move to China. I like they're food better, like the climate better, I already speak Chinese, but I still love the United States. Bashing your own country to make others upset is just immature.

Old 02-13-2011, 04:56 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
I can understand preceding another countries culture, I've already said that I plan to move to China. I like they're food better, like the climate better, I already speak Chinese, but I still love the United States. Bashing your own country to make others upset is just immature.
Not all college students are as mature as you seem to be which I believe is the problem here.

You speak Chinese? Great as that will come in handy for all people your age sometime. I believe it will work much better than the Muslim teaching that is going to be forced on kids in Mansfield, Tex. soon. Yep, I believe the Chinese will win out in the end.

Old 02-13-2011, 04:57 PM

Quote:
I know but it brings me much joy to see people upset. I guess I am just an *******.

What part of China? Taiwan? Hong Kong?

Old 02-13-2011, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Not all college students are as mature as you seem to be which I believe is the problem here.

You speak Chinese? Great as that will come in handy for all people your age sometime. I believe it will work much better than the Muslim teaching that is going to be forced on kids in Mansfield, Tex. soon. Yep, I believe the Chinese will win out in the end.
And you are the reason people view this countrymen as ignorant.

I am sure you would have no problem if kids were forced to learn Christianity.

Old 02-13-2011, 05:01 PM

Quote:
I know but it brings me much joy to see people upset. I guess I am just an *******.

What part of China? Taiwan? Hong Kong?
I'd hope for Pearl River Delta, meaning Guangzhou/Shenzhen/Hong Kong, but this is all speculative still. I've got a LOT more school to go through before I worry about that.

Old 02-13-2011, 05:08 PM

Quote:
I'd hope for Pearl River Delta, meaning Guangzhou/Shenzhen/Hong Kong, but this is all speculative still. I've got a LOT more school to go through before I worry about that.
I see. I have two and a half more years of school to go through too. I am aiming at getting my masters in Berlin since the cost of living is cheap and the tuition at the school is free for the program I am looking at.

Old 02-13-2011, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post

Speaking Chinese has already been quite useful. I think everyone my age ought to speak a second language, it really helps open your mind and help get you to college as well. Seeing other countries makes you feel very grateful to be an American. Chinese people do not have as much freedom as we do in the US, but I am optimistic about change there. Most Chinese would love to have Americans lives, even though they are proud to be Chinese.

Old 02-13-2011, 05:11 PM

Quote:
I see. I have two and a half more years of school to go through too. I am aiming at getting my masters in Berlin since the cost of living is cheap and the tuition at the school is free for the program I am looking at.
Good luck, hopefully you get to where you belong.

Old 02-13-2011, 05:12 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,419,133 times
Quote:
They are actually.

The populaces are very politically educated and engaged. The nation truly looks out for its citizens rather than looking to fill out the corporate pockets. Worker's right in both countries are outstanding. The businesses and Unions respect each other and work together.

Oh yeah national health care since 1883.

So, you're not looking for a country with greater freedom, you're looking for a country with greater controls & protections, about 180 degrees from free.
Nothing over there is more free than the US & nothing is arguably better. Heck they are playing catch up even now with their laughable EU debacle, have fun, we dont need people like you anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies