Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2011, 08:40 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,668,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
When will you be moving to your uninhabited island? If you can't find one that has the food you need to exist, maybe you could haul some to some mountain top.
One should NEVER leave the place of their birth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2011, 08:45 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,269,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Not even for a vacation??

Old 02-13-2011, 08:46 PM

1,391 posts, read 2,647,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Uh, I think somebody forgot to pass that memo to Christopher Columbus. Or to any of the colonialists to follow in the coming centuries.

Oops.

Old 02-14-2011, 12:52 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,382,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DasDinganSich View Post
Actually I am just moving because I prefer the culture and lifestyle more. I just like to bash the USA a lot because the right wingers get so upset.
Don't worry. The hypocrisy of both sides of the aisle (as we Americans love to so strictly define things in left and right) is absurd.

With the right, the absurdity lies in the fact that right wingers will attack you for supposedly being un-American when you make certain comments, but then you'll find them later that day spending hundreds at Wal Mart, and then later that evening complaining about loss of jobs and foreign evils. I'm dumbing it down, but its pretty much that dumb in some cases.

Old 02-14-2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
So, you're not looking for a country with greater freedom, you're looking for a country with greater controls & protections, about 180 degrees from free.
Nothing over there is more free than the US & nothing is arguably better. Heck they are playing catch up even now with their laughable EU debacle, have fun, we dont need people like you anyway.
We don't really need Americans who try to laughably exile other Americans simply because they see how other societies may work better, according their own perspective.

The "ugly American" never understands the stereotype of the "ugly American" - which is typically indicative of uniformed patriotism, inflated narcissim and historical ignorance.

Germany is not 180 degrees from free. As an American, you do not hold the universal definition of what free is, so you are not to determine this.

Old 02-14-2011, 01:22 PM

514 posts, read 765,424 times
Lightbulb argentina perhaps?

Quote:
But it wasn't a one front war. Nazi Germany was fighting two fronts, an island and a large cold barren land with a spread population. Ever noticed how no super power throughout history could never conquer all Europe? Congrats now you know.

USA only sped the eventual process.

Argentina would be good for you. There are still remnants of your great people down there.

Old 02-14-2011, 01:39 PM

514 posts, read 765,424 times
Lightbulb huh?

Quote:
If I ever met my ancestors I would slap them in the face for leaving Austria to begin with.

Son, you are really an ungrateful moron. You have some serious bitterness problems down inside that I hope you'll discover and get help for. Many of us have gone through what you're going through but NONE of us would ever say that about our ancestors. Get some help, man.

Old 02-14-2011, 01:42 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,083,461 times
America is at least free enough that anyone who doesn't want to live here doesn't have to.

Old 02-14-2011, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan in san diego View Post
Argentina would be good for you. There are still remnants of your great people down there.

I doubt the Nazi's that escaped down there are living the good life. Guilt is a bit*h and will ruin every experience of an otherwise rustic and lovely landscape.

Old 02-14-2011, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
America is at least free enough that anyone who doesn't want to live here doesn't have to.
That is indeed another aspect of truly "free"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies