Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 03:06 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,323,493 times

Advertisements

Good, I hope this bill passes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2011, 07:25 PM

513 posts, read 581,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
You are entitled to your belief......so don't have an abortion. I am entitiled to my belief, there is no child involved in an abortion, a fetus is not a child......so I have the right to act according to MY belief and abort if I choose to.

Republicans are all about visciously slashing social programs, while coddling the rich, so don't try to tell us you care about children or life.

This thinly veiled attempt to ban abortion should be a wake up call to all pro-choice voters..........DO NOT VOTE REPUBLICAN.......EVER.

Republicans are determined to have government take control of women's bodies.....they will never give up.....and pro-choice voters must remain ever vigilant.
And I take it you support my right to own slaves if I so desire? After all if you don't like slavery, you free not to own any slaves, but who are you to tell me what to do with my slaves, my property?

Old 02-14-2011, 05:50 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,052,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
And I take it you support my right to own slaves if I so desire? After all if you don't like slavery, you free not to own any slaves, but who are you to tell me what to do with my slaves, my property?
Stupid analogy.

You cannot compare a fully developed, thinking, feeling, human being to a clump of cells that does not even have a fully developed brain.

Old 02-14-2011, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Well, you can certainly believe this, although it's not true in the slightest. I have noticed this is one of excuses abortion supporters use in order to justify abortion on demand.

See, if that "fetus" were left on it's own for nine months - what would be the end result?

Oh, the GOP has a majority in the House AND a majority in the Senate - thanks to the drubbing the democrats took in Ohio in Nov - and they have the governorship.

This looks like a done deal.
A fetus on it's own would be nothing. It is a nothing without a woman to incubate it. It can only develope with the consent of the woman......as it should be.

Old 02-14-2011, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg So View Post
There is a slight problem with this type of logic. Essentially what you are saying is, "If I don't feel that you are a person, I have the right to kill you if I should so choose; and you are not a person, you are just a piece of scum to me." This same logic would apply regardless if we are talking about a fetus, a newborn, or an adult. It can't be based on beliefs. It must be based on legal definitions.

By legal definition, a fetus is not a person, yet pro-lifers still claim abortion is murder. You cannot murder something that is not a person.

Old 02-14-2011, 06:01 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,618,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
True these young girls that get pregnant at such early ages, if they are going to play grown up, hope they at least know whey they are preganant. Most do not know until a couple of weeks. There should be exceptions to this rule if this passes, what about women who are raped.
Because the kid's not human then? Is it really going to help the girl by killing her child?

Quote:
By legal definition, a fetus is not a person, yet pro-lifers still claim abortion is murder. You cannot murder something that is not a person.
At one time a black person wasn't considered equal to a white man. Did that change the actual fact?

Old 02-14-2011, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Because the kid's not human then? Is it really going to help the girl by killing her child?

Aborting a fetus is not killing a child.

Yes, a girl getting an abortion if she wants one, will help her. Forcing her to carry a pregnancy to term against her will, will hurt her. Having a child she cannot support, will hurt her. Having a child she has to give up for adoption, will hurt her.

At one time a black person wasn't considered equal to a white man. Did that change the actual fact?
The key word here is person, a fetus is not a person.

This analogy is bogus.

Old 02-14-2011, 06:39 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Quote:
A fetus on it's own would be nothing. It is a nothing without a woman to incubate it. It can only develope with the consent of the woman......as it should be.
Oh, you know what I mean. If that "clump" of cells were left to grow, what would it turn in to?

Does that clump of cells stop being a "clump" when legs, fingers, heart, brain become discernible?

Old 02-14-2011, 06:44 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,226,365 times
Quote:
Be definition the Jews were sub human and that why the Germans did what they did.
was it right because its legal

Old 02-14-2011, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh, you know what I mean. If that "clump" of cells were left to grow, what would it turn in to?

Does that clump of cells stop being a "clump" when legs, fingers, heart, brain become discernible?
No. Partially formed parts do not make a person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies