Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 05:54 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,090,222 times

Advertisements

Liberalism is dying because they are more exposed to the public like never before. Between cable TV and the internet, the sane people really get a good look at what liberals are really like and they don't like it one bit. 20% and dying - YES!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2011, 05:54 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
While the Conservatives and the Liberals keep each other distracted the real rulers of the government and the economy are concentrating the wealth and power into their own accounts. The Aristocrats of money and politics have far more in common with the oil monopolists than with any American that actually has to work for their income.

While we fight they win. I think it is time for both working Conservatives and working Liberals to discuss the really important topics of economics, military security and the difference between earned and inherited wealth.

Old 03-03-2011, 06:15 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,301,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderful Jellal View Post
AMERICAN LIBERALISM, synonymous today with big government, the exact opposite of the liberalism of Edmund Burke and other British champions of individual liberty, arose essentially from the use of the state to alleviate the most severe economic inequalities in society. In Great Britain this began in the competition between the Liberal and Conservative leaders, William Ewart Gladstone and Benjamin Disraeli, between 1865 and 1880, and among major European powers with the quest for an unthreatening working class with the founder and first chancellor of the German Empire, Otto von Bismarck. Britain had a great battle over pensions under the chancellor of the exchequer just before the First World War, David Lloyd George.

The American Spectator : The Decline of Liberalism

Oups, sorry for the thumbs up, it's a mistake !
Aside from that it's an interesting article.I don't think liberalism will die, but it'll decline (same thing for the social conservatives, both can't fit in a moderate nation)
This decline you are talking about isn't reflectived in recent polling information.

State of the States

Basicially it show the nation is fairly split when it comes to Liberals and Conservatives.

Old 03-03-2011, 06:20 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,301,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
LOL, wrong again.

The most important news and commentary to read right now. - The Slatest - Slate Magazine (http://slatest.slate.com/id/2278743/ - broken link)

"Electoral power may shift from Democratic to Republican strongholds as the U.S. doles out its 435 House seats according to census data released on Tuesday, reports the Wall Street Journal."

Demographics very much favor conservatives in electoral politics!
Actually it isn't and here's why. The most Republican leaning states tend to have lower populations. That hurts Republicans in Presidential elections.

Also according to polling data the Republicans and Democrats are pretty evenly split.

State of the States

Last edited by JazzyTallGuy; 03-03-2011 at 06:33 AM..

Old 03-03-2011, 06:22 AM

93 posts, read 116,002 times
i enjoy looking at the states maps for this kind of polling information but what would be way more interesting to me is to see it all mapped out at county level!

Old 03-03-2011, 06:22 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Oooh, an opinion piece from a conservative rag.
Another anti-liberal screed.

Always trust a site that offers:
The Largest Selection of Liberal-baiting Merchandise on the Net!
What She said!
Casper

Old 03-03-2011, 06:30 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Actually it isn't and here's why. The most Republican leaning states tend to have lower populations. That hurts Republicans in Presidential elections.

Also according to polling data the Republicans and Democrats are pretty evenly split. In fact the lastest Gallup polling shows more people slightly leaning Democrat on a national basis.

State of the States

Registered Democrats have almost always outnumbered registered republicans. It is the independent voters that ultimately determine elections.

Obviously, Obama has performed terribly as POTUS. However, let us not forget that Jimmy Carter was LEADING Reagan in the polls two months prior to the election. Who knows what drives voters, as many times it is not common sense. It is possible, despite his record, that Obama may win again.

Old 03-03-2011, 06:34 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Liberalism survives by essentially bribing an electorate to place them in power in exchange for benefits.

Now that we are broke, the liberals will lose power, as the bag of treats that they have to offer in exchange for votes is empty. Witness Wisconsin- libs are essentially funded by the unions and the trial lawyers association as well. Remove a large source of funding for liberalism and you have defanged the animal.

Best post thus far, IMO. This is very true. And now that the money is gone as you stated so well, the bag of treats will end and they will lose the grip they have had for decades.

Old 03-03-2011, 06:44 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
Best post thus far, IMO. This is very true. And now that the money is gone as you stated so well, the bag of treats will end and they will lose the grip they have had for decades.
You and your bud are perfect examples of what happens when someone actually starts believing the Propaganda that they themselves spread. Do you actually believe that the only people that vote for Dems are those needing a handout? Never mind I know that you do. The term Delusional comes to my mind when I read such statements. Keep believing and living in your fantasy land, the rest of us will live in the Real world.
Casper

Old 03-03-2011, 07:29 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,090,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
You and your bud are perfect examples of what happens when someone actually starts believing the Propaganda that they themselves spread. Do you actually believe that the only people that vote for Dems are those needing a handout? Never mind I know that you do. The term Delusional comes to my mind when I read such statements. Keep believing and living in your fantasy land, the rest of us will live in the Real world.
Casper

How do you think hussein obama got into office?

"Bammy is gonna pay my morgage and pay for my gas.

"I'm here to get my obamacash!"

"And where does he get the money?"

"I don't know. From his stash! Ha Ha Ha!"

hussein obama "I'm going to spread the wealth"

The promise of handouts and freebees. That's the Democrat voters in a nutshell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies