Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 06:07 PM

570 posts, read 882,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Any and every job that doesn't violate any laws is an honest job.

From burger flipper, to truck driver, to CEO.
are you one of those retired older people who believe the system is just?

Must be nice to be oblivious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2011, 06:39 AM

20,341 posts, read 19,925,039 times
Quote:
1bright_future;are you one of those retired older people who believe the system is just?
Retired? No.

Older? Than who?

Are you one of those younger, non-retired people who have all the answers to life?

Quote:
Must be nice to be oblivious.
Works for me.

It must be terrible to have the weight of knowing all about everyone and everything on your shoulders.

Thank you for your sacrifice.

I hope your outlook on the future brightens a bit.

Old 02-27-2011, 06:43 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
Both political parties are affiliated with privatized prisons: it's not exclusively "the right".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
We're going to see a lot more of this, too, if the Right has their way and privatizes more and more of our prison system.

Old 02-27-2011, 06:45 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
Democrats are extremely corrupt: wolves in sheep's clothing. Look at us we are "liberal". A bunch of liars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I live in this area and surprise, surprise.... this is solid Democratic area and everyone of them is Democrat except maybe 1 or 2. I believe the count is up to about 30 people either under indictment, plead guilty or is in jail from this scandal or other things they unearthed during it's investigation. he belief is there will be numerous more arrests and since it's all Democrats running the governement it's expected we'll have a few more of them going to jail.

Old 02-27-2011, 11:53 AM

1,391 posts, read 2,646,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
You are connecting dots that have nothing to do with each other.

Government hires private companies to do business all the time (road construction, etc). That does not mean it has to be corrupt. Prisons are no different.
I can see how I wasn't clear, so I shall add an additional detail in order to clarify my earlier remark:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♪♫♪♪♫♫♪♥ View Post
Could you imagine all prisons being privatized and giving bribes to public officials? <<shudders>> Thousands and thousands of judges all across the nation would be enriched beyond their wildest dreams for needlessly ruining a few lives. Seriously, what heartless p.o.s. wouldn't love that kind of get-rich-quick scheme?

I know that privatization is not inherently evil, we Americans benefit from it every day. But bribery is illegal for very good reasons, and any court worth it's weight (as in, ethical) will definitely see bribery in the form of backdoor kickbacks in exchange for destroying the lives of kids and their families.

Old 02-27-2011, 12:04 PM

3,189 posts, read 4,982,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
We're going to see a lot more of this, too, if the Right has their way and privatizes more and more of our prison system.

The Judge was a Democrat.

Old 02-27-2011, 12:35 PM

3,189 posts, read 4,982,620 times
Not only was the Democratic Judge completely guilty of corruption in the case of the taking money for kids, he was also in violation of campaign rules concerning donations to the Democratic Party during his re-election campaign:

Sights on Pennsylvania: Luzerne County Democratic Committee and Mark Ciavarella

Quote:
Maybe the Luzerne County Democratic Committee can explain these donations from former Judge Mark Ciavarella to their party during his retention campaign. Sitting judges should not be making political donations according to the judicial cannons.

But according to a couple posters here...it's all the Right's fault!

Old 02-27-2011, 03:19 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times
More money will be spent on protecting this rat in prison than was ever spent on the kids he put in prison. I lay money he does not survive.

Old 02-27-2011, 03:27 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,215 times
This is a corrupt judge. There is no partnership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
This is what happens when business enterprise and government try a partnership. We get frankenstien government and welfare queen corporations. The core mission of one or both seem to get corrupted/ undermined. We need to cut the cord of lobbyist money across the board. Campaigns can be financed through general funds for debates/ print interviews, and petitioning the law can be done online with transparency. No paper (currency or letter campaigns) necessary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies