Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 05:16 PM

22,192 posts, read 19,473,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
not even going to bother to watch.. One is paid by the taxpayer, the other one isnt.. To compare the two is ridiculous..
Actually they were talking about bonuses, payouts and $$$ to CEO's from companies that got the bailout funds in 08.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 05:19 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Actually they were talking about bonuses, payouts and $$$ to CEO's from companies that got the bailout funds in 08.
Bailout funds paid by..........................the taxpayer!!

Old 03-04-2011, 05:26 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Ahh that would be LOANED by the taxpayers
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Bailout funds paid by..........................the taxpayer!!
That owe what currently to the taxpayers? Hint.. ZERO..
That cost the taxpayers what? Hint.. ZERO..
In fact, those salaries, bonuses to the CEO's, PROFITED the taxpayers..

Again, to compare the two is laughable.. Thats like comparing the salaries of a Janitor who cleans up an arena, and the basketball player who played the game..

Liberals show their inability to understand reality, and fall for this typical left wing bs over and over again..

Old 03-04-2011, 05:33 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,443,092 times
Quote:

You mean actually watch the video the OP is about? Foolishness! No need when you know what it's going to say anyway. Wait. What? Is that wrong? ::sigh:: It's incredible how many posters around here spout off without bothering to know what they're even spouting about. Several posters did the same thing in a thread of mine today. And they freely admit their ignorance. I don't know, if it were me, I'd be ashamed.

Jon Stewart is brilliant. The juxtaposition of those -- what do I call them, they're not "news"casters -- Oh!, I know! -- oozecasters, on the one hand screeching about how teachers are overpaid at $50k + healthcare benefits and future pensions (you know, the unions' version of 401K plans), but on the other hand, decrying how $250k for a family of 4 is darn near poverty level! POVERTY level, people! P-O-V-E-R-T-Y. At $250,000 a year. And of course there's something very, very wrong with the government dictating salaries of wealthy banking CEOs who were being paid with taxpayer dollars, but dammit, taxpayers pay teachers, so we should put the screws to those lazy louts!

Old 03-04-2011, 05:38 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
You mean actually watch the video the OP is about? Foolishness! No need when you know what it's going to say anyway. Wait. What? Is that wrong? ::sigh:: It's incredible how many posters around here spout off without bothering to know what they're even spouting about. Several posters did the same thing in a thread of mine today. And they freely admit their ignorance. I don't know, if it were me, I'd be ashamed.
I would be ashamed to compare a job paid by the taxpayers, to those NOT paid by the taxpayers.. And then to equate they are equal.. I dont need to watch the video to see the ridiculousness of it.. I can see the title of the thread.. Nope.. dont need to even get passed that to see how ashamed liberals should be for even pretending they are similar..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Jon Stewart is brilliant. The juxtaposition of those -- what do I call them, they're not "news"casters -- Oh!, I know! -- oozecasters, on the one hand screeching about how teachers are overpaid at $50k + healthcare benefits and future pensions (you know, the unions' version of 401K plans), but on the other hand, decrying how $250k for a family of 4 is darn near poverty level! POVERTY level, people! P-O-V-E-R-T-Y. At $250,000 a year. And of course there's something very, very wrong with the government dictating salaries of wealthy banking CEOs who were being paid with taxpayer dollars, but dammit, taxpayers pay teachers, so we should put the screws to those lazy louts!
I have a friend who is a teacher, and so is his wife.. they are both pulling in $75K a year, despite the fact that his wife is teaching in her SECOND year.. Thats not too shabby, so stop moaning and groaning about how much they are hurting.. Their $250,000 home is paid off, they travel to other countries EVERY summer,.. (they joined me for one trip which was a month long vacation out of the country).. and their age..mid 30's

Spare me the whining and moaning, as if that has anything to do with the topic and the ridiculousness of comparing them to NON TAXPAYER FUNDED businesses anyways..

Dont know the difference between one you CHOOSE to support, and one you are FORCED to.. then you are the one that should be ashamed..

Old 03-04-2011, 05:39 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,586,090 times
Quote:
not even going to bother to watch.. One is paid by the taxpayer, the other one isnt.. To compare the two is ridiculous..
Of course it's ridiculous!

Teachers are paid with tax dollars.

Wall St bankers earn their billions. They never suck up taxpayer dollars by the hundreds of billions. For bailouts, bonuses, or anything else. Never.

Old 03-04-2011, 05:41 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,341,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Nobody does it better than the Daily Show when it comes to showing Fox News for what it is!

Old 03-04-2011, 05:42 PM

914 posts, read 4,446,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Big deal.

Watch how CNN and MSNBC covered the Tea Party when G.W. Bush was president and see how quickly they changed when Obama became president. The hypocrisy is shameless.

P.S. The Tea Party didn't change tunes. The media did.
It is sad when people blow off major hypocrisy from the media because other media outlets "do it to." It should never be okay news media outlet to be a political mouthpiece regardless of what party they represent. Our media is a mess right now, but nothing is getting done about it because people are too busy pointing fingers at the other side. (Much like our country.)

So thanks a pant load to all those who didn't see how much this kind of thing undermines our country and our freedoms.

Old 03-04-2011, 05:42 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,586,090 times
Quote:
Ahh that would be LOANED by the taxpayers

That owe what currently to the taxpayers? Hint.. ZERO..
That cost the taxpayers what? Hint.. ZERO..
In fact, those salaries, bonuses to the CEO's, PROFITED the taxpayers..

Again, to compare the two is laughable.. Thats like comparing the salaries of a Janitor who cleans up an arena, and the basketball player who played the game..

Liberals show their inability to understand reality, and fall for this typical left wing bs over and over again..

If what you say is true, then the federal budget is in pretty good shape.

Why all the whining about deficits?

Old 03-04-2011, 05:43 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,341,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
The only "hoodwinking" going on here is the hood the left wing media pulls over the heads of the far left daily!

Give me a break. Jon Stewart is such a political heavyweight! lol.

And teachers don't work as much as business owners and Wall Street execs. Deal with it!

Teachers usually work 9 months of 7 hours days and get generous holidays off at Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, Spring Break, Labor Day, Memorial Day. Plus the summer off. Let's atleast be honest.

One of the reasons the bad teachers don't want to leave is because it is pretty cushy. And they certainly couldn't find a better job. Again. Deal with the truth for once.
Straight out of the mouths of Fox News talking heads....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies