Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 06:39 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Nope.. not wasting my time watching a comedian provide you with news and twist the facts.. The fact that he would compare a teacher to a wall street executive and you "fell for it" is all I need to laugh for the rest of the night..

Again, no comic relief complaining that janitors at an arena make less than the basketball players even though they are paid by the same people? How shocking.. I guess thats because it might take too much intelligence to figure out that they have different skills..

I sure do.. Dont need to provide a link.. do your own research because I'm not holding your hand.. Especially since you fell for the gimmick from the video comparing Wall Street executives to Teachers.. oooh I'm still laughing about that one..
You supported your specious argument with a factual accounting. Without substantiation your little story is just that, a fable. I'm perfectly willing to leave it at that.

As for the rest of your inane post - I am not going to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent - again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 06:40 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,455,621 times
Quote:
Nope.. not wasting my time watching a comedian provide you with news and twist the facts.. The fact that he would compare a teacher to a wall street executive and you "fell for it" is all I need to laugh for the rest of the night..

Again, no comic relief complaining that janitors at an arena make less than the basketball players even though they are paid by the same people? How shocking.. I guess thats because it might take too much intelligence to figure out that they have different skills..

I sure do.. Dont need to provide a link.. do your own research because I'm not holding your hand.. Especially since you fell for the gimmick from the video comparing Wall Street executives to Teachers.. oooh I'm still laughing about that one..

What was being compared, was contractual agreements in place for teachers to contractual agreements in place for Executives from companies that received bail out funds.

As far providing a link or not, ok well, since you don't want to provide a link we will do the research for you, just give the name of the school district.

Old 03-04-2011, 06:40 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,093,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Pot calling the kettle black??
Nothing of substance? Not able to dispute the fact that its ridiculous to compare a teacher to a Corporate Executive? Where is the comparison and outrage over the janitor making less than the basketball star even though they get paid by the same people? shhhh, lets avoid discussing the topic now because it doesnt support you..

I'm not surprised..

Old 03-04-2011, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
What was being compared, was contractual agreements in place for teachers to contractual agreements in place for Executives from companies that received bail out funds.
Which is EXACTLY what I said it was doing.. Thanks for confirming the stupidity of the left for comparing the two.. Thats like comparing the salary of a janitor, and the basketball player.. again, paid by the same individuals..
Quote:
As far providing a link or not, ok well, since you don't want to provide a link we will do the research for you, just give the name of the school district.
Couldnt tell you.. lives in a different state, and I really dont care enough about it.. Why are you trying to change the subject ? Because you admit its stupidity to compare the two?

p.s. here is one such school district paying those wages, starting wage for some, $74,796.. + extras..
http://www.cps-humanresources.org/Careers/salary.htm
$59,335 - $64,808 (M.A. +45) (Lane 5, Step 1 – Lane 5, Step 3)
$61,087 - $66,560 (Ph.D./Ed.D.) (Lane 6, Step 1 – Lane 6, Step 3)

And here is another one
http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=...C02S7LjhJaArmg
Add in the extras like coaching, which is a bonus, testing pay, and regional bonuses, you can EASILY hit $75K

Old 03-04-2011, 06:46 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,455,621 times
Quote:
Which is EXACTLY what I said it was doing.. Thanks for confirming the stupidity of the left for comparing the two..

Couldnt tell you.. lives in a different state, and I really dont care enough about it.. Why are you trying to change the subject ? Because you admit its stupidity to compare the two?
Fox had major problems with cutting pay for Executives making millions from tax payer funds via bailouts, but are fine with huge cuts to teachers making $50,000 from taxpayer funds. Fox tried to portray two teachers with a combined income of $100,000 as doing very well, but tried to portray someone making $250,000 as barely above poverty. Comprehend??

What state are you talking about? What part of the state?

Old 03-04-2011, 06:46 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,692 times
Quote:
Nothing of substance? Not able to dispute the fact that its ridiculous to compare a teacher to a Corporate Executive? Where is the comparison and outrage over the janitor making less than the basketball star even though they get paid by the same people? shhhh, lets avoid discussing the topic now because it doesnt support you..

I'm not surprised..
Seriously? From the person who can't substantiate (provide substance for) his own argument? Yet another example of the pot calling the kettle....

Old 03-04-2011, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Fox had major problems with cutting pay for Executives making millions from tax payer funds via bailouts, but are fine with huge cuts to teachers making $50,000 from taxpayer funds. Fox tried to portray two teachers with a combined income of $100,000 as doing very well, but tried to portray someone making $250,000 as barely above poverty. Comprehend??

What state are you talking about? What part of the state?
Fox had a problem cutting pay of PRIVATE employees.. do you understand the difference between a PRIVATE employee, and a PUBLIC one? Do you need someone to hold your hand and explain to you that government shouldnt dictate what we make if government isnt paying us?

A teacher earning $100K is doing very well.. They are TEACHERS.. They get great benefits, and depending on where they live, they can live a fabulous life.. A Corporate executive on Wall Street earning $250K though isnt living high on the hog. Its NYC.. Do you not have a clue about cost of livings and again, does someone need to explain to you the parts that the government shouldnt dictate private business pay?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Seriously? From the person who can't substantiate (provide substance for) his own argument? Yet another example of the pot calling the kettle....
yet another worthless posting with no substance and showing the inability to compare a corporate executive, which is a private employee to a public one.. Thanks for sharing, but your postings are becoming troll like...

Old 03-04-2011, 06:54 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,807,239 times
Quote:

You have your own reality.

Old 03-04-2011, 06:55 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,604,542 times
Quote:
Fox had a problem cutting pay of PRIVATE employees.. do you understand the difference between a PRIVATE employee, and a PUBLIC one? Do you need someone to hold your hand and explain to you that government shouldnt dictate what we make if government isnt paying us?

A teacher earning $100K is doing very well.. They are TEACHERS.. They get great benefits, and depending on where they live, they can live a fabulous life.. A Corporate executive on Wall Street earning $250K though is just living above poverty.. Its NYC.. Do you not have a clue?

yet another worthless posting with no substance and showing the inability to compare a corporate executive, which is a private employee to a public one.. Thanks for sharing, but your postings are becoming troll like...
From the link you provided. Which is NYC...FYI. So if 250K is poor in NYC what is 51K?

Teachers who have a master’s degree but no
teaching experience will start at $51,425.

So are you in favor of privatizing education? So the better teachers can get what they are worth?

Old 03-04-2011, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
You have your own reality.
Yep.. one no one has disputed.. Just more name calling and changing of the subject.. I guess thats all thats left when someone laughs in your face because you dont understand the differences between a public and private employee, and because you guys though there was a point behind a comic, comparing a teacher to a CEO.

Whats the matter, cant dispute that janitors should be paid different than the basketball player, even though they are paid by the same individuals? No wonder you cant comprehend that a teachers salary and a CEO one would be worlds apart..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies