Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 07:25 PM

919 posts, read 1,782,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I posted the link, and even explained it to those who couldnt scroll down to the second page to see $70,495 and $74,796 STARTING wages for those with licenses and bachelors.. If you cant scroll down to the 2nd page on the link provided, then I'm not coming to hold your hand..

Another poster who didnt look at just one of the links provided which shows a $70K+ starting wage..
here, since you guys need your hand held, here it goes again..
http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:0TsIBwwK7cMJ:schools.nyc.gov/NR/rdonlyres/EDDB658C-BE7F-4314-85C0-03F5A00B8A0B/0/salary.pdf+starting+wage+teachers+master+degree&hl =en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEEShqfWl70dbEDyS2Ob05zTH XttF6LIMw61DF9Jz1Xcnx9DDNqnd36dioyEN1QZZ-uHkpvm62L7SGhcbcQBPDYRbz4bhokc2J6RVelglYaywnGDfgUN pww-sRE9qJUrOoMqVd9VS6&sig=AHIEtbSy8FYY9BnUdXq8C02S7Lj hJaArmg

The taxpayers did not pay the salaries of the executives. In fact many of them would have been fine had the taxpayers NOT given them money.. Ford is a prime example.. GS another, which could have gotten money elsewhere.. (Especially considering Warren Buffet is the primary owner)..

And yet again, comparing executives making millions NOT paid by the taxpayers, (again, the companies were LOANED money), and teachers who ARE is ridiculous..
You stated that a second year teacher that you knew made 75k. What you posted doesn't read that second year teachers make that kind of money. Tell us which school district she works and we'll verify.....TIA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 07:25 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loloroj View Post
The questions were what were the institutions which made the "loans" e.g. Federal Reserve, which institutions were given the "loans" and what was the schedule of repayment of those "loans." Try again.....TIA.
Considering there were nearly 400 institution who received TARP, all with seperate repyament schedules, I'm not going to sit here and post them.. Why? Whats that got to do with the topic? You can easily research them yourself..

Old 03-04-2011, 07:27 PM

Quote:
You stated that a second year teacher that you knew made 75k. What you posted doesn't read that second year teachers make that kind of money. Tell us which school district she works and we'll verify.....TIA.
yes it does.. it says STARTING wage OVER $70K, SCROLL DOWN TO PAGE

AGAIN
I posted the link, and even explained it to those who couldnt scroll down to the second page to see $70,495 and $74,796 STARTING wages for those with licenses and bachelors.. If you cant scroll down to the 2nd page on the link provided, then I'm not coming to hold your hand..

Old 03-04-2011, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Considering there were nearly 400 institution who received TARP, all with seperate repyament schedules, I'm not going to sit here and post them.. Why? Whats that got to do with the topic? You can easily research them yourself..
The questions were which institutions made the "loans" e.g. The Federal Reserve, which institutions took the "loans" and what was their repayment schedules. If you don't have that basic information, then you have no basis for any of your claims.

Old 03-04-2011, 07:29 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,340,548 times
Quote:

Another poster who didnt look at just one of the links provided which shows a $70K+ starting wage..
here, since you guys need your hand held, here it goes again..
http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:0TsIBwwK7cMJ:schools.nyc.gov/NR/rdonlyres/EDDB658C-BE7F-4314-85C0-03F5A00B8A0B/0/salary.pdf+starting+wage+teachers+master+degree&hl =en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEEShqfWl70dbEDyS2Ob05zTH XttF6LIMw61DF9Jz1Xcnx9DDNqnd36dioyEN1QZZ-uHkpvm62L7SGhcbcQBPDYRbz4bhokc2J6RVelglYaywnGDfgUN pww-sRE9qJUrOoMqVd9VS6&sig=AHIEtbSy8FYY9BnUdXq8C02S7Lj hJaArmg
Your OP referred to your friend and his wife. You provided a link to CPS, which I assumed was where your friend's wife - who made $75k as a second year teacher - worked. My post was in reference to that exchange of posts.

The above link is for a NYC salary schedule. Now I understand - you are fishing around until you find a salary schedule that fits your story, rather than providing THE salary schedule that supports your story.

In any event, the max a teacher with two years of experience can make on the NYC salary schedule is $60k - and that's only if they have enough credits for a PhD. Still $15k short of $75k.

Last edited by ray1945; 03-04-2011 at 07:43 PM..

Old 03-04-2011, 07:31 PM

33,548 posts, read 37,151,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
It's amusing that the loudest FOX haters
get their "news" from Comedy Central.
\

Certainly more accurate than Fox...Why do you think Fox is a subject on Comedy Central?....I'll tell you....Fox news is a joke.

Old 03-04-2011, 07:31 PM

Quote:
yes it does.. it says STARTING wage OVER $70K, SCROLL DOWN TO PAGE

AGAIN
You said that your friend wife was making that kind of money in her second year teaching. What you referenced isn't about second year teachers....

Old 03-04-2011, 07:36 PM

Quote:
The questions were which institutions made the "loans" e.g. The Federal Reserve, which institutions took the "loans" and what was their repayment schedules. If you don't have that basic information, then you have no basis for any of your claims.
Technically they were not LOANED money.. The US Treasury BOUGHT assets off corporations, (be them again, stocks, bonds, warrants).. which the company used to fund operating expenses.. Then the US Treasury SOLD the bought assets later at a PROFIT..

As for what their repayment schedule was, again ALL COMPANIES HAD DIFFERENT SCHEDULES.. It was up to the US Treasury to determine WHEN they would get repaid because they SOLD their assets.. WHEN THEY WANTED TO...

When the assets were SOLD to the Treasury, the funds they received they could do whatever they wanted it.. ITS THEIR MONEY.. We got ASSETS, they got cash..

If you dont know this basic information, then dont ask me to explain it to you again...

Old 03-04-2011, 07:37 PM

Quote:
You said that your friend wife was making that kind of money in her second year teaching. What you referenced isn't about second year teachers....
The link is the wages of first year of teaching.. Is it your argument that their wages would go down?

Old 03-04-2011, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Your OP referred to your friend and his wife. You provided a link to CPS, which I assumed was where your friend's wife - who made $75k as a second year teacher - worked. My post was in reference to that exchange of posts.

The above link is for a NYC salary schedule. Now I understand - you are fishing around until you find a salary schedule that fits your story, rather than providing THE salary schedule that supports your story.

In any event, the max a teacher with two years of experience can make on the NYC salary schedule is $60k - and that's only if they have enough credits for a PhD. Still $15k short of $75k.
You guys claimed that people dont make $75K beginning their teaching.. I clearly showed you that they can.. depending on where they live.. I already said I dont know their school district nor do I care.. The fact is THEY DO make that, and the posts validate that others also do.. While all of you guys said they dont.. in fact numerous posters said its impossible.. clearly its not.. so take your bs and move on.. The fact that you dont believe they earn that is your problem, not mine.. I've seen their tax returns because they became investors in one of my projects, and in order to do so, they had to be a credited investor, meaning they earned over $100K a year.. They had to prove that they did, and they do.. I'm not criticizing their salary, I'm stating they earn it.. its you guys off on some tangent of disbelief despite links showing numerous school agencies pay this.. Call the school district and ask them because I didnt make the charts..

As for your claim they can only make $60K a year, you dont know how to read a chart.. Move to the right, and then scroll down, before it hits bold, because the bold indicates 5 years.. before that its beginning salaries.. See the lines 7B, 8A, 8B.. scroll.. try to learn how to read a chart..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies