Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2011, 07:44 PM

919 posts, read 1,782,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Technically they were not LOANED money.. The US Treasury BOUGHT assets off corporations, (be them again, stocks, bonds, warrants).. which the company used to fund operating expenses.. Then the US Treasury SOLD the bought assets later at a PROFIT..

As for what their repayment schedule was, again ALL COMPANIES HAD DIFFERENT SCHEDULES.. It was up to the US Treasury to determine WHEN they would get repaid because they SOLD their assets.. WHEN THEY WANTED TO...

If you dont know this basic information, then dont ask me to explain it to you again...
You posted that these were loans. So it wasn't me that made that claim you did. And why is the Treasury/FED selling off assets which the private corps could have done themselves? And if the corps could sell them off for a profit, then why didn't they? If they were profitable, then they would have had no need for the Treasury/FED to do it for them, they would have kept them and run their business. And how did these assets which the corps couldn't sell because no one wanted them because they weren't profitable suddenly become profitable once the gov got their hands on them? Explain how that worked.

And the point is that YOU don't have this basic information because you can't seem to post any of the repayment schedules. You see, if you're making this claim, its because someone told you that to be true, not because you have done any real research. Much like you walked face first into a lot of your own mess...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 07:45 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,470,309 times
Quote:
yes it does.. it says STARTING wage OVER $70K, SCROLL DOWN TO PAGE

AGAIN
I posted the link, and even explained it to those who couldnt scroll down to the second page to see $70,495 and $74,796 STARTING wages for those with licenses and bachelors.. If you cant scroll down to the 2nd page on the link provided, then I'm not coming to hold your hand..
What you are leaving out is the years of prior experience you need to have to get that starting salary....

Old 03-04-2011, 07:47 PM

919 posts, read 1,782,954 times
Quote:
You guys claimed that people dont make $75K beginning their teaching.. I clearly showed you that they can.. depending on where they live.. I already said I dont know their school district nor do I care.. The fact is THEY DO make that, and the posts validate that others also do.. While all of you guys said they dont.. in fact numerous posters said its impossible.. clearly its not.. so take your bs and move on.. The fact that you dont believe they earn that is your pboelm.. not mine.. I've seen their tax returns because they became investors in one of my projects, and in order to do so, they had to be a credited investor, meaning they earned over $100K a year.. They had to prove that they did, and they do.. I'm not criticizing their salary, I'm stating they earn it.. its you guys off on some tangent of disbelief despite links showing numerous school agencies pay this.. Call the school district and ask them because I didnt make the charts..
YOU made a claim that was supposed to have buttressed your point re: teacher's salary by citing your friend's wife who was in her second year teaching. YOU then provided a source which states no such thing. YOU were the one who brought in somebodies wife, and then didn't have the capacity to back up that claim. YOU lose....

Old 03-04-2011, 07:48 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,608,054 times
Quote:
You guys claimed that people dont make $75K beginning their teaching.. I clearly showed you that they can.. depending on where they live.. I already said I dont know their school district nor do I care.. The fact is THEY DO make that, and the posts validate that others also do.. While all of you guys said they dont.. in fact numerous posters said its impossible.. clearly its not.. so take your bs and move on.. The fact that you dont believe they earn that is your problem, not mine.. I've seen their tax returns because they became investors in one of my projects, and in order to do so, they had to be a credited investor, meaning they earned over $100K a year.. They had to prove that they did, and they do.. I'm not criticizing their salary, I'm stating they earn it.. its you guys off on some tangent of disbelief despite links showing numerous school agencies pay this.. Call the school district and ask them because I didnt make the charts..
you don't know how to read the salary schedule.

Old 03-04-2011, 07:54 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,775,066 times
Teachers here start out at about $29,000.

Filthy rich!!!

Old 03-04-2011, 07:56 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,340,548 times
Quote:
You guys claimed that people dont make $75K beginning their teaching.. I clearly showed you that they can.. depending on where they live.. I already said I dont know their school district nor do I care.. The fact is THEY DO make that, and the posts validate that others also do.. While all of you guys said they dont.. in fact numerous posters said its impossible.. clearly its not.. so take your bs and move on.. The fact that you dont believe they earn that is your problem, not mine.. I've seen their tax returns because they became investors in one of my projects, and in order to do so, they had to be a credited investor, meaning they earned over $100K a year.. They had to prove that they did, and they do.. I'm not criticizing their salary, I'm stating they earn it.. its you guys off on some tangent of disbelief despite links showing numerous school agencies pay this.. Call the school district and ask them because I didnt make the charts..

As for your claim they can only make $60K a year, you dont know how to read a chart.. Move to the right, and then scroll down, before it hits bold, because the bold indicates 5 years.. before that its beginning salaries.. See the lines 7B, 8A, 8B.. scroll.. try to learn how to read a chart..
The numbers indicate years of experience. A teacher on step 8a or 8b is not a second year teacher, he/she is a teacher with 8 years of experience.

You can't read a simple teacher salary schedule. I'd be really careful about investing in any of your projects....

Old 03-04-2011, 08:00 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loloroj View Post
You posted that these were loans. So it wasn't me that made that claim you did.
They were called loans at the time because the corporations rebought their assets.. The fact that the public called them loans, but they were actually sales of assets just shows how little the public knew about the progress..
Quote:
And why is the Treasury/FED selling off assets which the private corps could have done themselves?
Because the treasury/fed sold off the assets at a time they could make a profit from them.. The companies couldnt have done it themself at the time it was needed, but many of them didnt even need the loans.. (GS for example).. They borrowed even though it wasnt needed because they could borrow at 3% and reloan out at 4%, and earn a 1% spread..(interest rates made up just to show the example).. but thats what they did.. It was easier and cheaper to borrow from the Treasury than to go to the public because the govt could sideline a lot of the standard filing requirements.
Quote:
And if the corps could sell them off for a profit, then why didn't they?
They couldnt get the interest rate offered by the feds..
Quote:
If they were profitable, then they would have had no need for the Treasury/FED to do it for them, they would have kept them and run their business.
Thats not how businesses operate.. Businesses fund DAY TO DAY to run their corporation.. They borrow enough today to last till tomorrow, tomorrow they reborrow, and then again, and again.. There is no need to run a profit short term, and this allows businesses to invest their cash flow.. Stupid yes, but thats how its done and its actually what caused the collapse because companies couldnt borrow overnight, there wasnt money available.. (not the tens of billions needed daily).. In addition, the corporations created assets that were sold.. Warrants for example, used heavily by GM, were created during the bk process..
Quote:
And how did these assets which the corps couldn't sell because no one wanted them because they weren't profitable suddenly become profitable once the gov got their hands on them? Explain how that worked.
They were always profitable, but profits take somtimes years to materalize.. If you own an office building, it might take 30 years to see a profit from it. it doesnt mean they arent generating cash, it just means that they need to wait for the payoff. Insurance companies needed to sell divisions for example.. It takes time to sell off a division, and while the sale is taking place you cant have them sit idle not generating cash flow.. You cant have customers fleeing, you cant have insurance claims go unpaid.. You just need the business to operate until they are sold off.. AIG had divisions they were selling for billions of dollars.. but had those divisons not paid their bills and claims, they would have been worthless.. Normally they would have borrowed day to day to pay claims, but day to day borrowing disappeared..
Quote:
And the point is that YOU don't have this basic information because you can't seem to post any of the repayment schedules. You see, if you're making this claim, its because someone told you that to be true, not because you have done any real research. Much like you walked into face first into a lot of your own mess...
I'm not going to post the repayment schedules.. many of them were non existant.. again the TREASURY decided when to sell their warrants, stocks, bonds etc that they received.. THERE WAS NO SCHEDULE.. They still own GM warrants for example.. Is this beyond your capability of understanding? Compare it to your car.. when you buy your card do you have a schedule as to when you are going to sell it to pay off the loans? Or do you go day by day and when it makes sense to sell, you sell? Thats what they did.. there was no rush to sell because the assets were growing in value and many of the debts were being rebought back by the corporations that were "loaned", i.e. sold their assets..

Old 03-04-2011, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
What you are leaving out is the years of prior experience you need to have to get that starting salary....
That chart shows ZERO years.. you scroll down and see where it starts with FIVE years, i.e. the parts in bold.. The parts before that are NO years...

Old 03-04-2011, 08:02 PM

Quote:
YOU made a claim that was supposed to have buttressed your point re: teacher's salary by citing your friend's wife who was in her second year teaching. YOU then provided a source which states no such thing. YOU were the one who brought in somebodies wife, and then didn't have the capacity to back up that claim. YOU lose....
It indeed does say wages are in the $70K range. the fact that you cant read a chart isnt my fault.. judging from some of the posters here who cant read a basic chart, I'd say teachers might actually be overpaid...

Old 03-04-2011, 08:03 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,608,054 times
Quote:
That chart shows ZERO years.. you scroll down and see where it starts with FIVE years, i.e. the parts in bold.. The parts before that are NO years...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies