Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 06:18 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescityleon View Post
......but to ignore the tools at hand to help improve out chances , is like a man who sets out to build a house without counting the cost....sound familiar?
Then write your Senators and Congressmen asking them to amend the constitution to change the standards for President.

Otherwise, its against the law, much like a religious test for office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2011, 06:22 PM

2,430 posts, read 2,768,111 times
Default sHE WAS NO sHOE IN

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
had clinton won the nomination she would have been potus so yes woul be my answer
................OBAMA was an amazing fit............just like the Republican ticket signaled.......Weak Ticket. It was sold to the publc like soap. (sound familiar)

Old 03-06-2011, 06:26 PM

694 posts, read 745,690 times
Quote:
.................please think in terms of the thread, thank you
I will, but realize the post I was answering was not thread related.

Charles Sands
Smyrna, TN

Old 03-06-2011, 06:28 PM

Default How about HARRY CORN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doobage View Post
I think it'd be great if we had a female president. Even nicer if she were a minority. Of course, provided that she was also a good president. This is supposed to be a country where everyone has an equal chance, so what's the problem with a woman being president?
People like to say that they don't want to hear about "the first black president" and "the first female president" or whatever and I suspect that sentiment comes mostly from whites and/or men. If qualifications and ability to do the job were the only thing that mattered, we would already have had plenty of minority and female presidents.
......................Harry's Law....Harry Corn....would she threaten Congress with a .45.-

Old 03-06-2011, 06:31 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,994,806 times
Default No More 'Pea Brains" ... DO THE SCAN !!!

Quote:
.........does Americia have the political will to drug test and brain scan any one seeking public office, or is rolling the dice O.K.?
bluescityleon !!! ... BRAVO !

Indeed ... The brain scan suggestion would be most helpful ! What ?

Especially considering the current inept "Nightmare" in the " Ole Yankee WH " ! It would be most comforting to actually know if future candidates were in possession of brains that were at least bigger that a garden pea !

Y'all think about it ! / Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 03-06-2011, 06:35 PM

1,583 posts, read 3,677,776 times
Quote:
......................Harry's Law....Harry Corn....would she threaten Congress with a .45.-
I don't understand? Who's Harry Corn?

Old 03-06-2011, 06:39 PM

Default Borderline Intelligence what a concept

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Funk View Post
bluescityleon !!! ... Great Subject Matter !

Indeed at this absolutely horrendous time in America's so called "Political History" as we sadly consider the "Epic Failure" of "The One & Crew" in the ole Yankee WH ... Even Mr. Ed "The Talking Horse" of T.V. fame, (if he were available for the next election) would be a most welcome change indeed !

At the very least Mr. Ed was portrayed as having borderline intelligence for Pete's sake !!! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGH !

You've never heard of a talking horse ? Talk to Mr. Ed !!! Harr ... Har !

Cheerio Mates / Old Sgt. Lamar
...I think they have bottled it. But you are supposed to be 21 in most states......maybe a doctor with BI can help our under age friends who feel the need to lower their IQ. I have no opinion on how to speak HORSE......thanks for your borderline comments....lfd.

Last edited by bluescityleon; 03-06-2011 at 06:59 PM..

Old 03-06-2011, 06:44 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
I do not know but Can it happen. Maybe if she had Military experience, business and wasn't too pretty. old or too ambitious, or connected or beholhing.............nah not yet.

I don't know. But I do know for certain that America is ready for a DIFFERENT president.

Old 03-06-2011, 06:44 PM

694 posts, read 745,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
God also said to murder homosexuals, do you do that as well? Do you like pork? Do you work on Saturday or use any other kind of modern machinery on the sabbath? I bet you go to church on Sunday too don't you?

I have been told to stay with the thread topic, but since you asked...

The killing of homosexuals in not part of the forgiveness of Jesus. Remember him... he's the one who told us not to go by an eye for an eye, changing it to turn the other cheek in Matthew. I believe that all animals were made clean my Jesus in Mark so pork is cool. Sometimes I have to work and drive on Sunday and I do go to church on Sunday not Saturday. By the way, I am not Jewish.

Quote:
Funny how people pick and choose what they want to believe is the "word of God".
Do you mean as opposed to the fact that most people adhere to NONE?

Charles Sands
Smyrna, TN

Old 03-06-2011, 06:53 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,655,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpsTN View Post
As a Christian, I believe the Bible is the Word of God. I am not speaking for God. I am simply saying what God said, as I believe it. If you people actually believed in anything concretely, you wouldn't have to say such dumb things as "You speak for God." Sheen DOES have a big Ego and truly need help.

Charles Sands
Smyrna, TN
You are saying what God said as You believe it.How do you know you are correct in your interpetation that God does not want a female president when many other Christian nations have had women leaders Who are " you people" ??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies