Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 02:48 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,274,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Depending where you live, and the current economy, I do not doubt that. The latest crop of lawyers, those lucky enough to get employed, are a new breed. In this particular area, though, a lot of the lawyers are from second and third generation firms. They graduated from law school and had a job waiting in Daddy's or Grandpa's firm. Come spring, these guys are still on the links more often than in court or the office.

still generalizing

5 of the lawyers I know are family friends, all of whom have been in law practice (2 own their own practices) for well over 30 years (longer than I've been alive)

They don't golf.

3 of them had children, who all of which didn't go into practicing law.

The 2 that golf? They are actually the oldest of the ones that I know, and they don't have children.

Old 03-16-2011, 03:58 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,370,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
LOL! How else can anyone view HISTORY except in hindsight......OMG!
How about viewing history through truth and facts? Hindsight is distorted.

But truth and facts is not part of the left agenda.

Truth never has been part of the plan. The left/progressives distort truth and facts to further their ends. It's right there in the manifesto.

Old 03-16-2011, 04:01 AM

1,348 posts, read 2,859,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Obozo Golfing This Afternoon (again) And Partying (again) This Evening (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110312/ap_on_re_us/us_obama_preview_1 - broken link)

Nothing much going on...so party on Hussein!
Nonsense.

Last time I checked, Obama was the AMERICAN president, not the Japanese president.

Old 03-16-2011, 11:09 AM

1,324 posts, read 1,198,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacramento916 View Post
Nonsense.

Last time I checked, Obama was the AMERICAN president, not the Japanese president.
It must be embarrassing to have been so wrong about Obama . When you think back on the day you saw Hilary Clintons name in front of you but you pulled the lever for Obama , do you cry?

Old 03-16-2011, 11:22 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,698,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacramento916 View Post
Nonsense.

So why was Obama pissed about Tony Hayward's comments when Mr. Hayward is British and not American?

Old 03-16-2011, 03:44 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,477,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
The last I heard Barack Obama as President of the United States not Japan.
The results of the Japan earthquake no longer remains just a Japanese issue when a high deadly radio active cloud of dust threatens the West Coast, Alaska and Hawaii, and involves U.S. military Bases in Japan, not to mention tens of thousands of Americans that live or are traveling in Japan.

It does not look good (in fact it looks terrible) for Obama to be playing golf, partying, and picking his NCAA brackets on ESPN.

Obama has become the biggest clown in the world. No country takes him seriously, which is bad for all Americans. Ignorant and stupid people may not like it, but we have the absolute worse president in the nation's history. We're the laughing stock of the world when it comes to Obama, his cabinet members, the Democrats, and Obama's followers. Obama has done more damage to the U.S. from a worldwide respect standpoint than our worse enemy could covertly invoke in a lifetime. Throw in Obama's spending spree of trillions of dollar with virtually nothing to show for it...and you have the strongest country on planet Earth in a full meltdown. Our worse enemy could not have conjured-up such a destructive plan against the U.S. Obama has done an excellent job of destroying what has taken centuries to build. Sadly, the stupid and the ignorant aren't smart enough to understand. All they want is government handouts, redistribution of wealth, gay rights, unwarranted entitlements, and radical left-wing liberal agendas. With Obama - we are in a full-fledged meltdown of everything that America has strived to accomplish for well over 200 years... It will take many, many generations to repair the damage Obama has caused.

Last edited by highcotton; 03-16-2011 at 04:05 PM..

Old 03-16-2011, 03:46 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,085,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
It does not look good (in fact it looks terrible) for Obama to be playing golf, partying, and picking his NCAA brackets on ESPN.
He could cure cancer, and you would assert "it looks bad."

Please... there are real criticisms to be made of any politician. How hard is it really to find a legitimate one regarding president Obama?

Old 03-16-2011, 03:47 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,314,858 times
We need a leader, not a golfer.

Anyone have someone in mind who can actually DO THE JOB since Obama seems to be having trouble being a leader.

Old 03-16-2011, 04:05 PM

1,811 posts, read 1,210,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
He could cure cancer, and you would assert "it looks bad."

Please... there are real criticisms to be made of any politician. How hard is it really to find a legitimate one regarding president Obama?
It's not hard at all. In fact, he hands out legitimat ones all day long. Many of the posts you read here are about legitimate criticisms of Obama. To date, I don't recall one that wasn't legitimate - your warped assessment of their legitimacy not withstanding.

Old 03-16-2011, 04:10 PM

1,811 posts, read 1,210,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
We need a leader, not a golfer.

Anyone have someone in mind who can actually DO THE JOB since Obama seems to be having trouble being a leader.
I seem to recall they have a pet dog. Perhaps we could promote him to the oval office. One bark for yes, two barks for no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies