Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 12:41 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,476,127 times

Advertisements

Good call!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2007, 02:28 PM

13,392 posts, read 45,115,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post
You're right. Genius would be a better word.

....then again, I've read your stuff too, and most of what I have to say probably just buzzes the tower rather than landing successfully.

~T
Too funny! And too true!
T, you're on a roll today.
I really appreciate what you took the time to type in your other well-written post in this thread, as well.

Old 07-26-2007, 06:49 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,225,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
What's funny is that there are so many people that vote Democrat that still think Democrats are like Kennedy's times. I have asked some friends that still vote Democrat from my hometown if they believe in things like abortion and abortion on demand, gay marrige or gay rights, legalizing drug use, the "politically correct" bologny, open borders, the ACLU. They all say h*ll no, we hate liberals! It seems there are many people livining in the past and have not kept up on what it means to be a liberal now days.
Sounds like your hometown friends are not really Democrats, but Dixiecrats. I'll just guess that you are in the Bible Belt. How often do you call in on the Mike Gallagher talk show?

Old 07-26-2007, 07:02 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,476,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Sounds like your hometown friends are not really Democrats, but Dixiecrats. I'll just guess that you are in the Bible Belt. How often do you call in on the Mike Gallagher talk show?
Wrong. I have never been to any of the southern states. Mike Gallagher? Didn't he used to have a show in Sacramento. I am not sure who you are talking about.

Opps! I did go to Kentucky once for a vacation. Does that count?

Old 07-26-2007, 09:04 PM

11 posts, read 34,720 times
Beautiful! Liberal is being american, humanitarian, and evolved. I applaud you! I too am a proud american liberal!

Old 07-26-2007, 09:18 PM

467 posts, read 327,233 times
I am a proud liberal, too.

To me it means trying to make the world a better, safer, more tolerant place for my children. It doesn't mean I'm trying to take anything away from other people that I am not also willing to give.

If that makes me a terrible person then I guess I can accept that. I'm happy that I'm not walking around afraid of gays, angry with illegals, worried about gun control, terrified of muslims, and holding on to my money with a death grip. If that works for you - awesome. I'm happy for you. If you can convince the majority of Americans that you are right - great. If not, we win.

Old 07-26-2007, 09:56 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,738,537 times
That could not be farther from the truth.........

Carrie

Old 07-26-2007, 10:10 PM

467 posts, read 327,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
That could not be farther from the truth.........

Carrie
That was a little vague so I will ask you what about my statement (if that was the one to which you were replying) is wrong in your view?

I can tell you that - walking in my shoes - the reason I volunteer for campaigns, join organizations, attend rallies, call my representatves, vote, etc is all an effort to make the world a better place for my children. How could you possibly presume to know that is not true?

I assure you it is certainly not easy to be a Democrat in my position. My life would certanly be easier if I could call myself a Republican, but I just drink that koolaid. Just like it would be easier to be a Christian than agnostic, but I don't have the "faith" it requires.

I did forget one other thing that my liberal point of view is currently preoccupied with - Iraq. I believe the war in Afganistan was a just action, but I am ticking off the days until we can get our soldiers home from Iraq and safe.

Old 07-27-2007, 06:26 AM

6,760 posts, read 11,655,490 times
Anyone notice the big 3 Dem candidates try not to have the word liberal attached to them?

I personally agree with some liberal issues, and I agree with some conservative issues. Thats why I call myself in between, although I agree with a few more real conservative issues than real liberal issues.

Old 07-27-2007, 06:59 AM

41,458 posts, read 59,952,660 times
Trying this again:

I am a LIBERAL in the same sense that the people that put this country together were liberal. I am proud of being a liberal and will continue to support liberal and progressive causes. I am completely opposed to fascist government such as ours has become and to monopolistic business that can control the markets such as the oil and food companies infesting our economy. I also believe that a person is free to worship or not as they please and the government should stay out of religion and religion should stay out of government. I also believe that a government must control who and what crosses the borders if it is to remain sovereign. Yes, I am a LIBERAL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies