Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 03:57 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,581,961 times

Advertisements

I find it odd that there are millions of first hand sources out there that can answer the question, yet people still think there is no way to find out of being gay is a choice or not, yet I've met very few straight people who say that they chose to be straight. Also, why are gay people's views on this subject not taken seriously since they would be the primary sources to ASK? Why do many straight people feel that they know more about this than actual gay PEOPLE? I'm gay and know NOTHING about what it's like to be straight and would never CLAIM TOO, but the opposite is not true.

Old 03-17-2011, 03:59 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,877,927 times
Because if you ask anyone with a mental issue they're likely to tell you they don't have one. Most alcoholics and drug addicts deny they have a problem.

Old 03-17-2011, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Because if you ask anyone with a mental issue they're likely to tell you they don't have one. Most alcoholics and drug addicts deny they have a problem.
I don't have a mental issue and I"m gay. I fail to see a comparison with the disease of alcoholism. homosexuality isn't a behavior. You don't have to do anything other than be born.

Old 03-17-2011, 04:03 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,584,000 times
Well when you have people like Meredith Baxter changing from hetero to lesbian and then saying she was in such denial she never knew she was gay it gets confusing. There are plenty who in later life suddenly come to the realization they aren't straight after all. Asking those people will get you no where. IMO so many people are mixed up and confused about their sexaulity they are not a good source to ask. How can you ask a troubled person to explain why they are having problems. If they knew they could fix it, don't you think? If they had that much insight.

Old 03-17-2011, 04:04 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,617,211 times
Quote:
The fact that you'd try to draw any sort of comparison between homosexuality and mental illness/drug and alcohol use discredits any and everything you say from this point on. Move along now.

Old 03-17-2011, 04:05 PM

4,085 posts, read 4,363,714 times
Strange, the usual gay obsessed posters have not made any threads for several days, now this.

Old 03-17-2011, 04:06 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,584,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
I don't have a mental issue and I"m gay. I fail to see a comparison with the disease of alcoholism. homosexuality isn't a behavior. You don't have to do anything other than be born.
Your mind does not line up with your body. That is a problem for most people. If it doesn't bother you then good for you.

Old 03-17-2011, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Well when you have people like Meredith Baxter changing from hetero to lesbian and then saying she was in such denial she never knew she was gay it gets confusing. There are plenty who in later life suddenly come to the realization they aren't straight after all. Asking those people will get you no where. IMO so many people are mixed up and confused about their sexaulity they are not a good source to ask. How can you ask a troubled person to explain why they are having problems. If they knew they could fix it, don't you think? If they had that much insight.
Fix WHAT? So you're saying all gay people are 'mixed up' and confused just because some TV celebrity was? That's kinda strange. I've ALWAYS known i've gay since as far back as i can remember. There was no 'confusion' And what is there to 'fix'? Should I be like michael Jackson, and try to fix what I was naturally born with?

Old 03-17-2011, 04:07 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,185,617 times
It's amazing how quickly the bigots and homophobes get here and start pontificating their discredited "theories."

I would be another gay man who says it's not a choice.

Old 03-17-2011, 04:09 PM

956 posts, read 1,117,414 times
Quote:
That explains why conservatives are always in denial. You learn something new everyday
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies