Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 04:17 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,579,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Almost every homosexual I know either proclaimed they were not gay at one point or were dating the opposite sex or married before they became a homosexual.

So how could they be born this way? One told me he couldn't "decide" at first but then decided he was gay. This is from the mouth of a homosexual male.

They made a choice IMO. Sexual choice. I personally have never met a gay child.
b.s. I have YET to meat a gay person who said that they were heterosexual FIRST. and I myself was gay RIGHT OFF THE BAT. When puberty hit my crushes were on BOYS not girls. I think you're lying. MOST of us would have done ANYTHING at one point in our lives to NOT BE GAY. So if was a choice, we wouldn't even be here.

Old 03-17-2011, 04:17 PM

44,258 posts, read 64,509,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Almost every homosexual I know either proclaimed they were not gay at one point or were dating the opposite sex or married before they became a homosexual.

So how could they be born this way? One told me he couldn't "decide" at first but then decided he was gay. This is from the mouth of a homosexual male.

They made a choice IMO. Sexual choice. I personally have never met a gay child.
Sounds like you haven't met a lot of people.

I know a lot of gay people who knew from childhood. I am one of them.

The reason, duh, that so many of them dated the opposite gender is that is what they see in mainstream life and what they think they are supposed to do. Many of them don't want to admit to themselves that they really are supposed to be or do something that would make their lives so much harder...they don't want to disappoint their parents and their peers. I mean, you honestly don't get that? Obviously not, given what you gave as an argument.

Old 03-17-2011, 04:19 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,870,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
b.s. I have YET to meat a gay person who said that they were heterosexual FIRST. and I myself was gay RIGHT OFF THE BAT. When puberty hit my crushes were on BOYS not girls. I think you're lying. MOST of us would have done ANYTHING at one point in our lives to NOT BE GAY. So if was a choice, we wouldn't even be here.
Exactly, I'm not sure why anyone believes that gay people choose to be gay when it's clearly just the hand they were dealt at birth.

Old 03-17-2011, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
Gays have no idea whether or not homosexuality is a choice or dna related. I'm straight. I have no idea why I want to sleep with women. Research into procreation does give us some insights of why I prefer women, but I'm not aware of any scientific study that claims to have solved the riddle that is homosexuality.
It's not a scientific question. When asked if you CHOSE To be straight you already answered you did not. That's the evidence. The actual STRAIGHT or GAY PEOPLE can TELL you if they chose to be straight or not. OF course, straight people are believed and gay people aren't for some reason

Old 03-17-2011, 04:23 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,538,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
You state that you "have yet to meat a gay person. . . " (is this some kind of canibalistic tendency beyond homosexuality!) Did you mean eat a gay person or meet a gay person.

And Oh, I'm soo offended that you think I'm lying! lol. As long as you promise not to try to eat me!

Last edited by Booya; 03-17-2011 at 04:36 PM..

Old 03-17-2011, 04:26 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,176,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
More ignorance.
It's not a gender identity issue.
Gay people are totally happy with their gender and their bodies.People don't ask gay people for the truth because they don't want to hear the truth.
It would remove all the fun from getting to feel good about themselves through bigotry.
I dunno about that. Depression has always plauged homosexuals. The whole reason we're all supposed to be all accepting of gay individuals is because of this issue. While being gay here in the western world may still be not totally accepted it's much closer than the rest of the world which really does persecute homosexual behavior. Still, it hasn't helped the mental health issues of gays.

source
Quote:
Depression and Mental Health Emerge as Major Concerns for the Community

Written by HealthyPlace.com Staff Writer

Sep 05, 2008 A + A - RESET

Community Health Survey Reveals Top Concern of Gay Men and Lesbians
A health survey conducted by K-Y Brand® Liquid at the Millennium March on Washington revealed that and mental health are among the most serious health concerns for gay men and lesbians. depression

Depression and mental health topped a list of health concerns that included, among other things, HIV/AIDS, , heart disease, aging and eating disorders. In fact, the issue of depression and mental health was the number one concern for lesbians and the number one concern for gay men after HIV/AIDS. drug use
"Depression and mental health are serious issues for the gay and lesbian community," said Dr. Stephen Goldstone, a physician who operates a predominantly gay practice in New York City. "This survey helps shed light on a problem that has long existed, but has received little attention."

Almost 75 percent of the respondents to the survey believe that depression is more common among gay men and lesbians than in the general population. Goldstone noted that it's no surprise that gay men and lesbians identified depression and mental health as a major concern, given the daily challenges that they face. Living openly or closeted each bring their own pressures that can affect a person's health and it can stem from a sense of isolation that so many feel, he said..................

Old 03-17-2011, 04:26 PM

29,981 posts, read 43,015,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
It's amazing how quickly the bigots and homophobes get here and start pontificating their discredited "theories."

I would be another gay man who says it's not a choice.
Amazing how fast homosexuals pull out name calling and derisive labeling against anyone who doesn't march to their "pride". Hypocritical much?

Old 03-17-2011, 04:28 PM

44,258 posts, read 64,509,841 times
Quote:
I dunno about that. Depression has always plauged homosexuals. The whole reason we're all supposed to be all accepting of gay individuals is because of this issue. While being gay here in the western world may still be not totally accepted it's much closer than the rest of the world which really does persecute homosexual behavior. Still, it hasn't helped the mental health issues of gays.

source
Did you even read what you quoted?

Do you understand cause and effect?

If people were always giving you crap about something you couldn't change, wouldn't that perhaps be depressing?

And it didn't at all address the part you highlighted from my post.

Old 03-17-2011, 04:30 PM

Quote:

source
hmmm. depression has't specifically PLAGUED gay people. and what's the point of your post? We didn't choose to be gay, yet you're tone is implying that it's a consequence of a CHOICE... Since that's not true, why even bother thinking about it the way that you DO?

Old 03-17-2011, 04:31 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,538,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Sounds like you haven't met a lot of people.
I know a lot of gay people who knew from childhood. I am one of them.

The reason, duh, that so many of them dated the opposite gender is that is what they see in mainstream life and what they think they are supposed to do. Many of them don't want to admit to themselves that they really are supposed to be or do something that would make their lives so much harder...they don't want to disappoint their parents and their peers. I mean, you honestly don't get that? Obviously not, given what you gave as an argument.
Uh yeah I have heard this argument ad nasuem. Surprise you are not the first (nor will you be the last) to drag out this tired old argument. Furthermore I was waiting for someone to address it.
And yes, I do "get it" lol. I just don't buy it.

My experience as I said, and one of my best friends son is homosexual, as well as quite a few co-workers, is that they are indeed, not "born that way." So you can make simplistic excuses like "sounds like you haven't met a lot of people" but the facts don't support what you are selling.

I don't doubt that some say they were attracted to the same sex from the beginning but there are plenty that this is not true.
A friend of mine, 28 years old who was completely "guy crazy" growing up, married several years, husband cheated and they divorced then at a party meet a woman and now is a homosexual. I know this is just one example. But there are many like this. This female did not have any religious reasons or family reasons not to "come out" She simply found an attraction to a female and decided to go with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies