Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 04:09 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,875,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
I don't have a mental issue and I"m gay. I fail to see a comparison with the disease of alcoholism. homosexuality isn't a behavior. You don't have to do anything other than be born.
I didn't say homosexuality is a disease, neither is alcoholism in my opinion. I do agree that to be gay all you have to do is be born, I don't think people choose to be gay any more than they choose to be born with mental handicaps or learning disabilities. Children are born today with all sorts of mental and physical handicaps and live completely typical lives.

Old 03-17-2011, 04:10 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,542,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetuna View Post
Strange, the usual gay obsessed posters have not made any threads for several days, now this.
Too funny!

YOu mean until this one?
I mean seriously haven't we been down this road before.
And the homosexuals have asked and answered a million times.

Old 03-17-2011, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by portyhead24 View Post
The fact that you'd try to draw any sort of comparison between homosexuality and mental illness/drug and alcohol use discredits any and everything you say from this point on. Move along now.
Homosexuality is clearly a disorder of some sort, if you want to insist that a person doesn't "choose" to be go I'll go along with that but then you have to agree that a person born gay was clearly born with a mental or physical deformity which is pretty common. People are born with all sorts of stuff these days, it's not really a big deal.

Old 03-17-2011, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
I would be another gay man who says it's not a choice.
And I would be a straight man who agrees with you that it's not a choice, why would anyone choose to be gay in the first place?

Old 03-17-2011, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by africanboy View Post
That explains why conservatives are always in denial. You learn something new everyday
Denial of what? I not in denial of anything, I agree completely that homosexuality is not a choice.

Old 03-17-2011, 04:13 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,289,841 times
Because many have the ulterior motive of getting put in a special civil rights class if they can convince everyone that like being black, they have no choice in their behavior because they were just "Born This Way" ala Lady Ga Ga. Then they can get all kinds of Civil Rights Discrimination privlages and pretty much silence any one who disagrees with them. This has been a brilliant plan in effect for quite a while. You can read about it in a book called, "After the Ball: How America Will Conquer its Fear and Hatred of Gays in the 90's" by Marshall Kirk ( a brilliant homosexual man). I think its the "bible" of how- to for the homosexual movement.

Here's another link that tells how the diagnosis of Homosexuality was removed from the DSM in 1973 mainly as a result of gay political activism.
Thought Reform And The Psychology of Homosexual Advocacy

Hope this helps.

Old 03-17-2011, 04:14 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,542,412 times
Almost every homosexual I know either proclaimed they were not gay at one point or were dating the opposite sex or married before they became a homosexual.

So how could they be born this way? One told me he couldn't "decide" at first but then decided he was gay. This is from the mouth of a homosexual male.

They made a choice IMO. Sexual choice. I personally have never met a gay child.

Old 03-17-2011, 04:14 PM

3,326 posts, read 3,179,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
I find it odd that there are millions of first hand sources out there that can answer the question, yet people still think there is no way to find out of being gay is a choice or not, yet I've met very few straight people who say that they chose to be straight. Also, why are gay people's views on this subject not taken seriously since they would be the primary sources to ASK? Why do many straight people feel that they know more about this than actual gay PEOPLE? I'm gay and know NOTHING about what it's like to be straight and would never CLAIM TOO, but the opposite is not true.
Gays have no idea whether or not homosexuality is a choice or dna related. I'm straight. I have no idea why I want to sleep with women. Research into procreation does give us some insights of why I prefer women, but I'm not aware of any scientific study that claims to have solved the riddle that is homosexuality.

Old 03-17-2011, 04:15 PM

44,252 posts, read 64,580,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Your mind does not line up with your body. That is a problem for most people. If it doesn't bother you then good for you.
More ignorance.
It's not a gender identity issue.
Gay people are totally happy with their gender and their bodies.

People don't ask gay people for the truth because they don't want to hear the truth.
It would remove all the fun from getting to feel good about themselves through bigotry.

Old 03-17-2011, 04:16 PM

3,326 posts, read 3,179,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Almost every homosexual I know either proclaimed they were not gay at one point or were dating the opposite sex or married before they became a homosexual.

So how could they be born this way?

They made a choice IMO. Sexual choice. I personally have never met a gay child.
I'm an elementary teacher. I once knew a child I felt that "could" be but that still doesn't discount the environment the child was growing up in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies