Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 08:30 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,863,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Here it is:

He has shown it. This should be over. Keeping it alive only shows how ridiculous this whole line of argument is.
Thank you, but making sense doesn't work with the birthers.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:40 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,133,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetuna View Post
No American hospital in the 60's would use the term African for race.
And no amount of evidence or logic will ever convince some people that this is a silly, baseless conspiracy theory.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:49 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetuna View Post
No American hospital in the 60's would use the term African for race.
I have some experience with birth certificates, in your own state of Illiniois, tony, and race is self-reported. Some guy in Chamaign once stated "human". Many Africans like to be considered separate from American blacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
You crack me up. Father's race "African"? In which hospital was he born?
See above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Yes, he's undeniably American because his mother was American. But the Constitution requires that he be born in the United States. My son was born in Asia, is an "American Citizen by Birth Abroad" and is not eligible to be President. My daughter was born in Oklahoma, is an "native born" American citizen, and is eligible. The Constitution is clear on this subject.

So, the question is not his citizenship. The question is: where was he born? He could easily put this question to rest, but has chosen not to do so. Therefore, the birthers persist.
You've told your son this all these years? You're wrong. George Romney, Mitt's father, was born in a polygamy colony in Mexico to US born citizens, and he ran for pres. Lowell Weicker was born in Paris, to US born citizens, and HE ran for pres. Your son should immediately file papers to run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I stand corrected on the date, it was the National Center for Health Education established in 1975.

The point that was being disputed is that there were no standards in 1961, and the link you linked to claimed that there was using a form established in 2003 as evidence. Very serious flaw which discredits the link completely..
You are wrong about that, as helenjen posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
1) The National Center for Health Statistics was established in 1960: National Center for Health Statistics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - healthfinder.gov - NCHS
2) The instructions are problematic as we don't know what was revised, I agree. However, this doesn't mean that the process wasn't similar or even exactly the same in terms of race identification. I look forward to you providing the old instructions when you find them.
The National Center replaced another agency. My birth certificate, from a birth in Pennsylvania in 1949, is very similar to my husband's BC from a birth in Nebraska in 1948. In fact, both are similar to my mother's birth certificate from her birth in 1921 in Wisconsin, a home delivery on a farm, in which my grandfather assisted. You have set up a strawman. Of course, that's all the birthers have left.

Old 03-24-2011, 10:58 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Here it is:

He has shown it. This should be over. Keeping it alive only shows how ridiculous this whole line of argument is.
I see that some people here can't talk about birth certificates or age without thinking only about Obama's birth. Who was that doctor who assisted with his birth and which of the two hospitals available at the time were the place of birth? Both hospitals claim it but only one can have it.

Now lets talk about that old woman who really admits to having no birth certificate.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:01 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,083,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I see that some people here can't talk about birth certificates or age without thinking only about Obama's birth.
Considering the title of the thread... you find that unusual?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy
Who was that doctor who assisted with his birth and which of the two hospitals available at the time were the place of birth? Both hospitals claim it but only one can have it.
Only one hospital has ever claimed to be Obama's place of birth. And only one hospital (the same one) has ever been claimed as Obama's birthplace by anybody in a position to actually know.

You really have to stop making stuff up.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Not to mention his birth was announced in both major Hawaii papers in August of 1961:

Is there any way that the old woman this thread started out being about could enlist the services of one of you people to help her get her name in the Guinness Book of World Records? I bet you could convince them with some newspaper clipping.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Is there any way that the old woman this thread started out being about could enlist the services of one of you people to help her get her name in the Guinness Book of World Records?
Nope.

She's on her own.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:03 AM

13,693 posts, read 9,014,113 times
If they dare to come out in the open field and defend the gold standard as a good thing, we shall fight them to the uttermost, having behind us the producing masses of the nation and the world. Having behind us the commercial interests and the laboring interests and all the toiling masses, we shall answer their demands for a gold standard by saying to them, you shall not press down upon the brow of labor this crown of thorns. You shall not crucify mankind upon a cross of gold.

William Jennings Bryan.

Mr. Bryan lost his presidential bid when he could not provide his birth certificate. "Blast it, man!" He cried out, "I'm white! Of course I was born here!"

He was then crucified on a cross of gold, with some silver mixed in for good measure.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Seriously, Roy - give it a rest!
When you earn a rest, you might get one, but not before. I guess you just didn't manage to watch the link to see that this thread is about that old woman who doesn't look 119 to me. I just threw in the best example of comparison I could think of on the spur of the moment.

Is there a chance that she could enlist all you Obama supporters to help her out? She can't live too much longer and just wants her moment of fame.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:06 AM

Quote:
When you earn a rest, you might get one, but not before. I guess you just didn't manage to watch the link to see that this thread is about that old woman who doesn't look 119 to me. I just threw in the best example of comparison I could think of on the spur of the moment.
Well... there you go. Actually thinking about something before you commit to print is shown to be, yet again, a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy
Is there a chance that she could enlist all you Obama supporters to help her out? She can't live too much longer and just wants her moment of fame.
Nope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.