Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Obama be impeached?
YES 61 52.14%
NO 56 47.86%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 09:32 PM

1,123 posts, read 776,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidGeorge View Post
Not a big Obama fan, but Impeachment isn't something that's done just because you don't like the President.
THAT is the difference between the far left trash and the rest of humanity; I may be quite conservative and think he is a dreadful president - but unlike the far left garbage rooting for the Wisconsin 14 derelicts trying to recall elected officials, the man was voted into office, and has not committed a crime.

Just because you dislike a politician does not mean they should be impeached, as the leftist trash wanted to do to Bush every minute.

In this country, you are elected to serve a term, and unlike the whiners on the left, we accept that and hold our nose until the next election - and try to deal with the environment as it is - we do not run to another state and freaking hide to stop the legislative process if we are in the deep minority... or try to get the winners of elections "re-called" to move the goal posts AFTER the game ended...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2011, 09:35 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Actually, no matter how many times you say otherwise, your president remains, proven in action, a slightly left-of-center centrist. I've already seen your counter argument, which is basically just asserting the same statement over and over as if it is true, so no need to respond. I have disproven your argument in prior threads.

Living in a dream?

I have debunked your arguments so many times I have you auto pilot debunking.

They don't call me the liberal slayer for nothing.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:11 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Living in a dream?

I have debunked your arguments so many times I have you auto pilot debunking.

They don't call me the liberal slayer for nothing.
And, once again, writing words but saying nothing (especially since I ain't no liberal, son). We'll chalk this one up to yet another win for me. Is there a mercy rule in this game? I'm starting to feel bad for you.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post

Really?
Really.

So long as they stick to the authorized mission, it's certainly not a war. Wars are a very different animal altogether. Reagan authorized attacks in Grenada, Clinton in Afghanistan... the list goes on. None were wars. None were illegal.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterpetron View Post
THAT is the difference between the far left trash and the rest of humanity; I may be quite conservative and think he is a dreadful president - but unlike the far left garbage rooting for the Wisconsin 14 derelicts trying to recall elected officials, the man was voted into office, and has not committed a crime.

Just because you dislike a politician does not mean they should be impeached, as the leftist trash wanted to do to Bush every minute.

In this country, you are elected to serve a term, and unlike the whiners on the left, we accept that and hold our nose until the next election - and try to deal with the environment as it is - we do not run to another state and freaking hide to stop the legislative process if we are in the deep minority... or try to get the winners of elections "re-called" to move the goal posts AFTER the game ended...
um.... are you forgetting that the Republicans actually impeached Clinton as a opportunistic power grab? Watch your partisanship. It'll bite you when you're not looking!

Old 03-22-2011, 10:29 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Really.

So long as they stick to the authorized mission, it's certainly not a war. Wars are a very different animal altogether. Reagan authorized attacks in Grenada, Clinton in Afghanistan... the list goes on. None were wars. None were illegal.
I have the opposite opinion, that they were all illegal.

The legal definition of an "Act of War" = An act of war is an action by one country against another with an intention to provoke a war or an action that occurs during a declared war or armed conflict between military forces of any origin. The loss or damage caused due to such conflicts are excluded from insurance coverage except for life assurances

Surely I would think that bombing a country would equate to provoking a war..

In addition, The War Powers Act of 1973 describes the authorization of the President to be The War Powers Act of 1973

The President in every possible instance shall consult with Congress before introducing United States Armed Forces into hostilities or into situation where imminent involvement in hostilities is clearly indicated by the circumstances, and after every such introduction shall consult regularly with the Congress until United States Armed Forces are no longer engaged in hostilities or have been removed from such situations.

Bombing another nation is introducing the United States Armed Forces into hostilities.
Quote:
um.... are you forgetting that the Republicans actually impeached Clinton as a opportunistic power grab? Watch your partisanship. It'll bite you when you're not looking!
Lie.. They impeached a president for violating the law and committing a crime that would have had you or I in jail.. Martha Stewart went to jail for far less..

Old 03-22-2011, 10:37 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretired View Post
Yes

No
For what?

Old 03-22-2011, 10:40 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times
Obama violated his oath to uphold the laws of the land when he ordered Holder to stop upholding DOMA. That alone is impeachable.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:42 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
WE actually kill Libyans to possibly save Libyans from death....

"We had to destroy the town in order to save it." Vietnam 1968.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I have the opposite opinion, that they were all illegal.

The legal definition of an "Act of War" = An act of war is an action by one country against another with an intention to provoke a war or an action that occurs during a declared war or armed conflict between military forces of any origin. The loss or damage caused due to such conflicts are excluded from insurance coverage except for life assurances

Surely I would think that bombing a country would equate to provoking a war..

In addition, The War Powers Act of 1973 describes the authorization of the President to be The War Powers Act of 1973

The President in every possible instance shall consult with Congress before introducing United States Armed Forces into hostilities or into situation where imminent involvement in hostilities is clearly indicated by the circumstances, and after every such introduction shall consult regularly with the Congress until United States Armed Forces are no longer engaged in hostilities or have been removed from such situations.

Bombing another nation is introducing the United States Armed Forces into hostilities.

Lie.. They impeached a president for violating the law and committing a crime that would have had you or I in jail.. Martha Stewart went to jail for far less..
I explained the legal analysis earlier in this thread. You can read it. Precedent and law, dating back to Thomas Jefferson, are on Obama's side, not your's.

They impeached Clinton based on a blowjob (that no one but his political opposition cared about) because they saw an opportunity to knock him out of power. Don't try to rewrite history, son. I watched it happen with my own eyes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies