Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 06:29 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Um, it seems more like an attack on stupid women who just happen to be loudmouthed, right-wing ideologues.

I don't see people going after Kay Bailey Hutchinson or Christine Todd Whitman or Murkowski...but they are smart, capable women who happen to be conservatives.

Way to play the sexism card, guys. LOL
Yet an attack on equally stupid, loudmouthed women on the left (Michelle Obama, Nancy Pelosi, Diane Finestein, etc) are attacked as an attack on feminism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2011, 06:37 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,666,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Sorry, but when I see supposedly, mature adults laughing at and enjoying crude "humor", especially when it is used to attack and put down someone, I can't help but wonder what exactly is so funny.....
This isn't just Maher, this is a society wide thing. Look at those stupid Roasts they do nowadays. The most vile and raunchy crap you'd expect from a teenager. People can't do "humor" anymore with out being so crude? Roasts use to ber actually funny. I dont see why people enjoy it.
Different strokes. People are just different. Just because it doesn't appeal to you doesn't mean it isn't funny or enjoyed by a large section of the population. I hate slapstick but that doesn't mean I denigrate it or say it's not a valid form of humor for some.

Old 03-29-2011, 06:55 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Yet an attack on equally stupid, loudmouthed women on the left (Michelle Obama, Nancy Pelosi, Diane Finestein, etc) are attacked as an attack on feminism.
They are?? Ya, they might be...so?

And that silly useles thing, The TOPIC, is Why Are Attacks on Conservative Women Given Just a Shrug?.
It's been explained....over and over again for those who WANT to learn.

Feminist organizations are NOT responsible to police evey word spoken.

Do you want them to be?

Feminists represent equality.....

Women are NOT helpless children who need defending....like MEN they either can defend themselves or not...just like MEN.

Got it?

Oh, BTW, the validity of that kind of comedy is NOT the topic.

Old 03-29-2011, 07:16 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,953,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
look at all the posts justifying the deranged loon bill maher calling palin a tw*t [rhymes with spot].

one can barely imaging their rage if a conservative commentator called michelle obama or nancy pelosi that name..

it's very telling
Rush Limbaugh called Amy carter the white house dog and made fun of the way chelsea clinton looks. Both of the girls were not even eighteen nor did they run or get elected to public office. I think you need to go back and take conservative commentator 101.

Old 03-29-2011, 07:51 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,952,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Bachmann is in DC, and Palin is a half term governor whose main education was as a weather woman.

They are politicians.

If you want to change things, vote for someone who isn't ignorant, and isn't part of the system at all.

Saying that you think they are better than the people in Washington now only proves that you don't know what you're talking about, because Bachmann is a sitting Representative.
I'm certainly no fan of Palin in a political sense. Bachmann, I need to do more research on before forming an opinion.

I know, I should know more about her by now because she's been in the news so much.

Work, work, work. I have been doing too much of that lately and it doesn't allow for me to do much of anything else.

Old 03-29-2011, 07:59 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,135,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
By who?

Not by me.

It's not my fault that the Right wing has alienated feminists.

Old 03-29-2011, 08:01 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
look at all the posts justifying the deranged loon bill maher calling palin a tw*t [rhymes with spot].

one can barely imaging their rage if a conservative commentator called michelle obama or nancy pelosi that name..

it's very telling
They've been called as bad or worse.

What's it telling?

Old 03-29-2011, 08:09 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,135,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
But you see they are not just attacking her politics and that is where the problem is! This affects ALL women! Do you women really want to go to a slap on the ass in the office. Or the "you know what your knees are for" attitude
Do you vote for a politician based solely on their politics, or do you not also consider other traits, like education, experience and intelligence - not to mention their track record?

There is SO much to attack Palin on I just don't know where to begin. Some comedian includes a sexist term in a rant that is overall about how dumb someone is, and all of a sudden it's a liberal sexist conspiracy.

Except it isn't. And as for Bachmann - she IS attacked on her politics, only because she seems to actually HAVE political opinions, albeit wacky ones, and manages to come of as slightly less crazy and ignorant than Palin.

I have no problem at all with any other female conservatives that I can think of, except one in the Florida Legislature that makes Bachmann look sane...

By the way, do you know how to tell which nurse is the head nurse?

She's the one with the dirty knees.

Old 03-29-2011, 08:23 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,341,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
IMO, enjoying, engaging in that type of humor says a lot about ones character, intelligence, maturity, and decency.
IMO, your opinion counts for nothing.

Old 03-29-2011, 08:35 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
They've been called as bad or worse.

What's it telling?
it's telling the world that they are incredible hypocrites for giggling at palin being called a vulgarity that would have them shrieking like 13-year-old girls at a justin bieber concert if that term were applied to liberal female by a conservative commentator or comedian.

what 'as bad or worse' have they been called?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies