Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 09:26 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,937,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
Seeing how elephants are an endangered species (thanks to humans) and were there long before humans enroached on their land, I really don't have sympathy for any of the people involved.
Ditto that. Problem elephant my arse. Sounds like problem people to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2011, 09:33 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,572,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturmabteilung View Post
Let me guess you are a liberal environmentalist fear monger that puts animals above human beings?
Let me guess, you didn't bother reading the thread before posting your partisan BS?

Old 04-02-2011, 09:47 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,202,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Let me guess, you didn't bother reading the thread before posting your partisan BS?
Some people have to make everything about their partisan crap, I find ignore is the best reaction to that.

Old 04-02-2011, 10:47 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,454,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Indeed, they are even ahead of humans and the other apes in that they not only recognize themselves in the mirror, but do so at first go. Even humans initially think it is someone else in the mirror.

And like humans they have extremely varied personalities. There was a group of male teenage elephants years ago, which, similar to human gangs, liked causing trouble and fighting. They walked around killing rhinos without any reason. Usually those two species live side by side peacefully as they don't compete for anything such as food.
Oh my gosh Elephants have one of the best memories, infact, don't **** them off, they will never forget your face, infact they remember certain things for years and years to come, and understand they know their enemies.

They truly are a remarkable animal, and so sad endangered.

Old 04-02-2011, 11:09 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,512,222 times
Bob Parsons is scum. I'm have domains with godaddy already and I"m changing them to another company.

Old 04-02-2011, 11:38 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,960,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisjongalt View Post
Bob Parsons is scum. I'm have domains with godaddy already and I"m changing them to another company.
He's been sleazy for long time - using t i t s and ass to sell his product. Apparently that has helped not hurt sales. Let's see if people care more about elephants.

Bob's sleazy website:
Go Daddy Founder & CEO Bob Parsons' Personal Blog

Old 04-03-2011, 12:22 AM

769 posts, read 1,013,980 times
what is he, the great white hope? Im pretty sure they have guns in Africa

Old 04-03-2011, 12:38 AM

4,002 posts, read 3,907,435 times
Well good for him ..

Hey PETA .. My food poops on your food. Enjoy that salad!

Old 04-03-2011, 05:21 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,759,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Oh my gosh Elephants have one of the best memories, infact, don't **** them off, they will never forget your face, infact they remember certain things for years and years to come, and understand they know their enemies.

They truly are a remarkable animal, and so sad endangered.
I don't know if it is coincidence, but both elephants and whales (including dolphins) - i.e. humans' biggest rivals in terms of brainpower and social skills - developed out of an ancient form of hippo. I wonder if hippos themselves are also very intelligent, there is relatively little research on them, maybe because they are so dangerous and hard to approach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies