Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 12:19 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,325,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_Desert View Post
Yep! They (the govt) lie about, fabricate and hide information. It's no surprise. Why wouldn't this be anything different.
But, but....Obama's President! He would lie would he???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2011, 12:23 PM

45,233 posts, read 26,457,645 times
Doctors commenting on radiation from airport scanners:
Airport security scans: What would your doctor do? - CNN.com

Quote:
Another doctor who opts for the pat-down is Dr. Dong Kim, Rep. Gabrielle Giffords' neurosurgeon.
"There is really no absolutely safe dose of radiation," says Kim, chair of the department of neurosurgery at the University of Texas Medical School. "Each exposure is additive, and there is no need to incur any extra radiation when there is an alternative."
This was echoed by several other physicians, including Dr. Andrew Weil.
"All radiation exposure adds to the cumulative total you've received over your lifetime," Weil wrote to me in an e-mail. "Cancer risks correlate with that number, so no dose of radiation is too small to matter."
Believe the bureaucrats in DC at your own peril.

Old 04-04-2011, 12:26 PM

15,095 posts, read 8,639,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Uh....cancer death rates have been going down steadily since the 1990's.

Cancer death rates in the U.S. continue to decline, national report finds - 2011 Press Releases - Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (http://www.dana-farber.org/abo/news/press/2011/cancer-death-rates-in-the-us-continue-to-decline-national-report-finds.html - broken link)

I guess this means that, heaven forbid, someone should contract cancer radiation therapy is out of the question, eh?
The cancer INCIDENT rates have continually increased over the past 4 decades ...and are EXPLODING .... the "new" math calculating "survival rates" are the only thing that is being manipulated ....

Now, if you survive "cancer treatment" for 5 years, it is considered a cure ... even if you die in year 6. Trouble is ... you will more likely survive for 5 years if not treated ... which means treatment doesn't increase survival rates either.

Traditional cancer treatments of chemotherapy and radiotherapy are pure frauds, which guarantee future incidents of cancer at some point after treatment due to the destruction of the immune system and radiation cell damage.

Old 04-04-2011, 12:29 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,747,858 times
Quote:
Uh....cancer death rates have been going down steadily since the 1990's.

Cancer death rates in the U.S. continue to decline, national report finds - 2011 Press Releases - Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (http://www.dana-farber.org/abo/news/press/2011/cancer-death-rates-in-the-us-continue-to-decline-national-report-finds.html - broken link)

I guess this means that, heaven forbid, someone should contract cancer radiation therapy is out of the question, eh?
Hmm, maybe because earlier screening and prevention are on the rise? An ounce of prevention worth lb of cure..Common sense.
Now explain this: Although cancer rates are declining in adults, there has been a rise in cancers diagnosed in children. Most of these involve increases in the incidence of leukemias.

Also on a side note, there has been a surge in autism rates from 1:250 to now as high as 1:91 children over the last 20 years? Why is that?

Old 04-04-2011, 12:30 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,518,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
Hmm, maybe because detection and prevention are on the rise? Common sense.
Now explain this: Although cancer rates are declining in adults, there has been a rise in cancers diagnosed in children. Most of these involve increases in the incidence of leukemias.

Also on a side note, there has been a surge in autism rates from 1:250 to now as high as 1:91 children over the last 20 years? Why is that?
Maybe the new world order is behind all of it.

Old 04-04-2011, 12:32 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,935,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
uhm

didnt the USA do MANY, MANY nuclear tests below and ABOVE ground in the 40's, 50's 60's...and we are not glowing yet
Right... we are not glowing... we are dying! Go to any good sized church in America and when they get to the part of the service where you lift up the names of people who need prayers, what happens? Name after name of people at the beginning, middle or end of their cancer ordeal. An entirely 20th Century phenomena. So, save the smarm. There should be rioting in the streets at the outrage to humanity that the industrialization of civilization represents.

H

Old 04-04-2011, 12:35 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
I wonder what the effect would be on the fetus of a mother exposed to this water or other sources of radiation.

Old 04-04-2011, 12:44 PM

15,095 posts, read 8,639,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
Hmm, maybe because earlier screening and prevention are on the rise? An ounce of prevention worth lb of cure..Common sense.

well ... the first problem is that cancer rates have NOT declined in adults. The "medical statisticians" have only managed to calculate a decrease in "death rates" of cancer ... not incident rates.

And those statistics are totally fraudulent and worthless, considering that they only measure 5 year survival rates after "cancer treatment". If the person dies in year 6 or after ... FROM CANCER ... they are still considered "cured" by the medical geniuses. I'd say that goes a little beyond just "hedging your bets", no?

Dontcha think that sorta compromises the value of such stats?

Old 04-04-2011, 12:48 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,935,593 times
Quote:
Calm down, Francis. I-131 has an eight day radioactive half-life. Combine that with a 100 day biological half-life and we're talking a total effective half-life just over a week. (You divide the product by the sum. 100 X 8/ 100 + 8= 7.407 days.)
And what happens if on day 7.407 you receive a fresh dose? Hmmm? In fact, what happens if on days 2 - 7 you receive fresh doses each day? Each of them decaying at their 100 day half-life? Hmmm? I love the spinach analogy I read last week... "you'd have to eat two pounds of spinach to get sick..." Yah... impossible?... I don't know... I'm pretty sure my SO gets at least two pounds of spinach through me in a month. At least. Japan will not exist as a viable world power in 50 years and her neighboring countries will be decimated by nuclear diseases. The entire world will be feeling the effects as well but they will no more attribute the millions of deaths to Fukushima than Americans attribute the present deaths from cancer to Cold War era atomic testing. Go ahead nuclear industry. Go mad and put a reactor in every population center with 1000 or more people. Let's see how that works. Hmmm. The U.S. has less than 100 reactors and has had at least one level 5 accident. What would that be if we had, say... 1000 reactors? I don't think the prospect of 1000 reactors gives someone in the industry pause for thought but at that level of proliferation it isn't likely we would even have civilization anymore.

H

Old 04-04-2011, 12:57 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,492,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
And what happens if on day 7.407 you receive a fresh dose? Hmmm? In fact, what happens if on days 2 - 7 you receive fresh doses each day? Each of them decaying at their 100 day half-life? Hmmm? I love the spinach analogy I read last week... "you'd have to eat two pounds of spinach to get sick..." Yah... impossible?... I don't know... I'm pretty sure my SO gets at least two pounds of spinach through me in a month. At least. Japan will not exist as a viable world power in 50 years and her neighboring countries will be decimated by nuclear diseases. The entire world will be feeling the effects as well but they will no more attribute the millions of deaths to Fukushima than Americans attribute the present deaths from cancer to Cold War era atomic testing. Go ahead nuclear industry. Go mad and put a reactor in every population center with 1000 or more people. Let's see how that works. Hmmm. The U.S. has less than 100 reactors and has had at least one level 5 accident. What would that be if we had, say... 1000 reactors? I don't think the prospect of 1000 reactors gives someone in the industry pause for thought but at that level of proliferation it isn't likely we would even have civilization anymore.

H

I for one would love to see many, many more reactors in the USA

but SMARTLY done...SMALL reactor...eliminate the Carter EO restricting us from RECYCLING the rods (would eliminate 90% of the waste)

usa has about 105 reactors...france has 48 reactors about half..yet they are only the size of texas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies